Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 1:09:42 PM EDT
a buddy just called me, he went into a gun store today and was talking with the guy behind the counter. every 30 secs or so the phone would ring and the guy sounded exhausted & would say something like "no sir, you can't buy those".

of course the phone rings again and finally the guy angrily awsers the phone: "SIR, THE EXPIRATION OF THE AWB DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BUY MACHINEGUNS HERE!!!

he hangs up the phone & tells my friend that ALL DAY he's been getting calls from dumbasses asking if he had any "machine guns" in yet because the ban expired.

sheeeesh, the media really fucked with people. with all their "assault weapon" hystaria shit that is.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
but the icecream man told me they were full auto
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
lol...  any of our ARFCOM dealers get this sort of stuff happeneing to them?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean I don't REALLY get more thrust per squeeze now??

You LIED media... you LIED to meez!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun store should provide the number of the local TV/radio/newspaper, and ask callers to follow up with them....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be nice if a large majority of gun dealers wrote to the papers and the media chastising them for the BS reporting that has duped half the population into believing that the AWB had anything to do with full-auto weapons.

It will end up causing A LOT of problems.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a bummer man. I asked my 14 year old daughter to go up to the store and buy me an Uzi. She came back empty handed. What the heck, I thought UZIs were going to flood the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to four different gun stores today looking for various handgun mags and they all told me that it will be MONTHS until no-ban mags will be available!!!  They're so full of shit!  They just want to sell off their existing inventory of overpriced "pre ban" magazines and firearms.  I do kinda feel sorry for them, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I went to four different gun stores today looking for various handgun mags and they all told me that it will be MONTHS until no-ban mags will be available!!!  They're so full of shit!  They just want to sell off their existing inventory of overpriced "pre ban" magazines and firearms.  I do kinda feel sorry for them, though.

that true unless he had LEO mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hell, I put out all the Glock LEO mags we had for what we were selling the 10's for, and cut the prices on the 10's to $10.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I called CDNN this morning to verify my order of 3 Glock 17rnd LEO mags. The nice lady said that yes the order will be shipped today. She said that she has never been so busy in her life as these last two days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top