User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
RIP Brother .  

-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My prayers go out to the family. Reading these are never  easy it will be 20 years this November that I lost my partner, best friend and best man in my wedding to a LODD. God speed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
More info this evening:

DRAPER — In a Sunday evening press conference, police officials gave new information regarding the fatal shooting of Draper sergeant Derek Johnson.

Police Chief Brian Roberts said Johnson approached a suspicious vehicle that appeared to be parked unusually along the street. As Johnson drew nearer, the driver of the car ambushed the officer, opening fire through the window.

"Officer Johnson was struck and returned to his vehicle to take cover," Roberts said. "He was never able to return fire."

Roberts said Johnson drove a few hundred yards and struck a tree.

Police believe that the shooter was a 35-year-old man. They said the man allegedly shot a 34-year-old female passenger prior to shooting the officer. The couple was involved in a minor car accident at an intersection in Draper minutes before the shooting.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#4]

I will miss seeing and talking with him when I visit my wife at the department, he will be missed and will never be forgotten.

God Speed Derek
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]

RIP Sgt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP, Brother.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
RIP Sgt
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Godspeed, brother.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#10]
RIP Brother.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This never gets any easier to hear about.  

There are no words that can possibly ease the suffering of his family, and his Law Enforcement family.

Sarge- just know that there are a whole bunch of us out there wearing the badge that because of your example- have a hotter burning fire deep down inside.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Rest easy my brother... we got it from here.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
RIP, brother.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I got pulled into a HazMat incident on my way to the services yesterday, duty called. Here are some pics a buddy took. The last one is a kick in the guts.

R.I.P. Sgt Johnson

Here is a link to the full gallery of his pics. You can leave comments for the family at the bottom

Photo Gallery
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]
R.I.P, Sgt. Johnson.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you and I have the same photographer friend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got pulled into a HazMat incident on my way to the services yesterday, duty called. Here are some pics a buddy took. The last one is a kick in the guts.

R.I.P. Sgt Johnson

I think you and I have the same photographer friend.

Fitz has a great eye and always gets incredible shot composure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
---—---------------------------------

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
R.I.P. Sgt Johnson. His brother is in my Paramedic class, wishing him and his family all the best.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#21]
As we rode through Draper the out pooring was absolutely increadible, and as I sat in the car with my wife and an officer and his wife all I could say was thier is no doubt this community stands not only with and for Sgt. Derek Johnson; they stand with you the Officers and staff that protect and serve the community.

The day was filled with a rollercoaster of emotion nothing you will ever expereince can prepare you for the last call.

This was absolutely the hardest and day that I haver ever experienced. I pray for the family and the brothers and sisters in LEO community and their spouses that have been deeply impacted by this tragedy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top