Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2002 9:14:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 9:37:43 AM EDT by Hokie]
What revolver did he have?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:16:44 AM EDT
Oh yeah. I remember: "Good news sledge..." "What? They're finally selling guns in vending machines?"
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 9:33:39 AM EDT by Hokie]
[B]LOL I just found this website tribute. Check this stuff out, it's funny as hell. LMAO! It caters to everyone's sense of humor on this board! "TV Guide summary: Sledge Hammer is a no-nonsense cop whose best friend is his .44 Magnum, and who just loves to use excessive force to collar criminals." Oh MAN I wish this came back on the air! Taking out terrorists in downtown using bazookas! Shooting range in his living room! Make sure you read a couple of the episodes, nicely organized chronographically. Wow, what hoot. "Trunk (police chief): You're sadisitic, depraved, bloodthirsty, barbaric! Hammer: Is that why you called me in here, to shower me with compliments?" Check it out! [url]http://phrank.com/sh/index.html[/url][/B]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:27:41 AM EDT
Fineswine and the cronies would be pissin their panties if they brought back any gun worship shows for the CHILDREN to watch!![shock]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:29:53 AM EDT
[url]http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/primetime/pt1087.php[/url] Best pic I could find of the .44 [url]http://www.sk96.de/sk_sh.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:34:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 11:45:16 AM EDT
Favorite Hammer moments: Bad Guy on roof top with M60 Hammer: I wouldn't do that if I were you BG: That's because you are weak. (Fired off M60 and fell off roof) Hammer: No. Because that thing has quite a kick. Japanese Elvis Impersonator: "We can impersonate Elvis more efficiently than you American!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 11:58:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:16:26 PM EDT
Watching Sledgehammer has formed me into the responsible gunowner i am today [:)] lib __________________________________________ "Guns dont kill people.....bullets do"
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:19:50 PM EDT
Total rip-off of Dirty Harry.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:43:40 PM EDT
I have a few episodes on VHS. Funny stuff. Folks are just now beginning to appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:58:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Total rip-off of Dirty Harry.
View Quote
I thought that was the point. I was pretty young when it was on TV, but if I remember correctly, it was a funny version of Dirty Harry. Not to say the old Dirty Harry movies didn't have funny moments/lines.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:14:41 PM EDT
its soppused to be a spoof of dirty harry man i need to find some eps
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:22:25 PM EDT
I remember watching that show with my Dad when I was in junior high. It was pretty funny. I don't think we'll ever see another one like it in this day and age.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:06:13 PM EDT
Yep, Model 629. One of my favorite shows. The parodies were just plain funny. I wish they would bring it back, even in syndication. I think it ran for only two seasons, though. I wonder if it's available on DVD?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:11:01 PM EDT
I remember watching that show when I was like 6! I loved it back then too. Anyone know where I can get some old episodes? Keving67
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:24:16 PM EDT
My favorite scene. Hammer to BG about to jump off building. "Do you really want to die." BG. "Yes" Hammer draws gun and starts shooting at BG, who promptly climbs back into building. Hammer gets back into car and tells woman cop with him, "I knew he did'nt want to die"
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:48:00 PM EDT
Hammered, best of sledge is available at amazon.com they have several episodes on one tape. Also sold on ebay. I think I'll order one, I miss that show!
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:53:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hokie: Oh MAN I wish this came back on the air!
View Quote
Write TNN, after all, they brough back the A-Team [:D] I am writing them now
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:00:31 PM EDT
Dori: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Sledge: "I'm thinking about invading Afghanistan single-handedly. What are you thinking?" :) jthuang <- has Best of Sledge I, II and III VHS tapes
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:04:59 PM EDT
Ahh, the parody. Sadly becoming a misued comedic vehicle... I enjoyed that show greatly! Side note - ever see "Best Defense?" Starring Dudley Moore (an engineer working on a gyro for the "Supertank") and Eddie Murphy (the poor schmuck who gets to field test it,) our revered "Sledge" made a return appearance as the agent trying to buy the plans for the gyro from Moore (and they aren't even his to begin with!) And yes, there isn't that much character difference between "Sledge" and "Jeff," either. A line from "Jeff" after catching someone trying to mug Moore in the parking lot... "How'd you like to deep throat my .38 pal? I'm gonna come bullets and blow the back of your head off - yer gonna DIE, worm!" My kinda guy... FFZ
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:51:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Javak: Favorite Hammer moments: Bad Guy on roof top with M60 Hammer: I wouldn't do that if I were you BG: That's because you are weak. (Fired off M60 and fell off roof) Hammer: No. Because that thing has quite a kick. Japanese Elvis Impersonator: "We can impersonate Elvis more efficiently than you American!"
View Quote
The Elvis one was pretty funny. He killed the other Elvis dudes with his microphone.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:48:44 AM EDT
Trust me I know what I'm doing!
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:55:57 AM EDT
I watched it all the time when I was a youngster. That was before I learned my lesson and started taping my favorite shows, not knowing if they'd ever last to make it into syndication. If it comes out on DVD, I need to get it (and 'Get A Life', too)
Top Top