Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 7:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 7:25:41 AM EDT by Waldo0506]
A countertop 5 children were sitting on at Crooked Oak Elementary school in Oklahoma city collapsed slightly injuring 3. A fire truck is at the scene and a helicopter is live overhead. Fox News is checking in from time to time with the helicopter and will give updates as more information comes in.

Is this a slow news day or what.

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:26:48 AM EDT
THIS JUST IN --

A kid riding a bike down the street fell and skinned his knee. A helicopter is en-route carrying the child's mother so she can kiss the boo boo...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:27:39 AM EDT
We need stricter countertop laws NOW!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:28:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:29:47 AM EDT
very slow news day
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:31:14 AM EDT

I hate to be the pisshead here, but
I'd rather have a day where the top
story is Micheal Jackson or a house
fire rather than 12 dead marines or
a plane hitting the White House.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:33:25 AM EDT
A slow news day is a good news day. At least they aren't reporting that the congresscritters have passed some new ban on some sort of eeeeeeeeeeevil weapon.

I almost thank the Dems for locking up the senate. At least they aren't able to pass any laws further restricting our rights as citizens.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:33:28 AM EDT
Although sometime the odd news is interesting. Like when that train went cruising through a couple states without anyone onboard. That was kinda fun to see what would happen.

Didn't seem to dangerous as the police and helicopters were able to stay ahead and keep it clear for the train. But, it was interesting anyway.

I'm sick of the judge debates. Completely useless, and one of those senators voices hits just the right pitch to make the crappy TV in my office resonate and annoy the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:35:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:
very slow news day

That is a GOOD thing!

I *LIKE* slow news days....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:47:40 AM EDT
Merrell
We need stricter countertop laws NOW!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do it for the children

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:49:14 AM EDT
things will pick up, wont be too long for another missing kid to pop up and become the Missing Kid of the Week. Whatever became of just putting them on milk cartons?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:50:10 AM EDT
Slow indeed.

I knew nothing was happening this morning when the "big" stories on "Fox and Friends" included the earth shattering news that an official treaty had been signed by wiener makers and bun manufacturers whereby hotdogs and buns would, henceforth and verily, come 8 to a pack, and that the number in the pack shall be 8, and that upon counting the number in the packages shall be 8, not 9 and not 7.

This was complete with people in hippie attire strumming guitars and singing outside the studio.

The next "big" stories were about "The Apprentice" and "'Murican Idol".

The bad part is that there all kinds of interesting stories out there, but the big networks think we're too stupid to be interested in them:

Scientific American (never mind the occasional liberal Freudian slips).

He'll Shoot Your Eye Out I wouldn't expect Fox to be interested in this, but then, it is a slow news day.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:50:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
I hate to be the pisshead here, but
I'd rather have a day where the top
story is Micheal Jackson or a house
fire rather than 12 dead marines or
a plane hitting the White House.

+1
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:51:00 AM EDT
FOX NEWS ALERT!!

We have this developing story: it seems Fox News Channel is abusing the shit out of their attention-grabbing "Fox News Alert". A new poll suggests 9 out of 10 ARFCOMmers believe the "Fox News Alert" is used entirely too much and is simply annoying.

This has been a Fox News Alert.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:51:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkyCatII:
A slow news day is a good news day. At least they aren't reporting that the congresscritters have passed some new ban on some sort of eeeeeeeeeeevil weapon.

I almost thank the Dems for locking up the senate. At least they aren't able to pass any laws further restricting our rights as citizens.

I was thinking of that yesterday, if the Dems lock er up we get a liberal agenda free year! Then the Republicans get pissed when business goes on and squeezes all of the democratic bills, including the one that kills my rights and makes it ok for a 12 year old to get a fetus sucked out of her vag without telling her parents.

End rant.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:59 AM EDT
Ban countertops!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
Must have been one of those Hi-Cap Assault Countertops…

ANdy
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:44:28 AM EDT
They were probably about to vote from there and the collapse was a cover op by the NSA.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:48:35 AM EDT
Antarctic Ice Cap Growing

www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-icecap20may20,1,1395897.story?coll=la-news-science

While the arctic ice cap is receding.

Just something to put a little tension in your life
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:51:30 AM EDT
countertops............rated PG13
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
Breaking News
Mans hat blows off on windy day

Mark
Top Top