Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 10:58:23 AM EDT
Hey guys as you know the Canadian Broadcasting Corp came out to my club last Thursday for a live show...

Well they now have the full show online in Real Audio.

There are two hours of it.....THE FULL SHOW!!

I would appreciate any feedback/constructive criticism

[url]http://ottawa.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/contestelgin.htm[/url]

Oh I am John on the show.....

They should have pics of the show soon..

In the mean time you can see pics of our club at..
[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/stormbringer666 [/url]

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone tell me how I can go about saving the file for this show?  I seem to be able to save a link to it but not the actual file.

I would also like to know how/if I can burn it onto a CD.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I can save the target but it only takes a second so I think that I am saveing only the LINK to the site....Not the whole file.  

I want to be able to play back the show without being online.

This was a very important day in my clubs history and I want to keep it for posterity.

Not to mention I want to review the call in show so I can work on my delivery in future events.......

I think I F'd up a few times!!!!

Edited to say that I tried it and I only load 74 bytes.....not an hour program.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
So far the only idea to surface is to hook my speakers up to my sound card input and dub it that way.....

Any other wonder boys/girls out there with another idea??

Did any one bother to listen to it or did I waste my time?

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I listened to it (though I did skip through the singing parts), and I thought you did a great job of defending yourself, and representing Canadian gun owners.

As for saving the Real Audio files, I'm working on that now.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can save the target but it only takes a second so I think that I am saveing only the LINK to the site....Not the whole file.  

I want to be able to play back the show without being online.

This was a very important day in my clubs history and I want to keep it for posterity.

Not to mention I want to review the call in show so I can work on my delivery in future events.......

I think I F'd up a few times!!!!

Edited to say that I tried it and I only load 74 bytes.....not an hour program.
View Quote

Look at the 74-byte file that you saved.  It is the URL to the real one, and should end in ".rm".  Create a webpage on your computer which has a link to that, like so:

justforanexample

Let's assume you have a Microsloth computer, and say you save it as "c:\myshow.htm".

Once you've done that, point your browser at the page, say, by going to the URL

file://c|/myshow.htm

Then right-click on the link that shows up and choose "Save link as..." (assuming you use Netscape, not sure what it would be in Internet Exploder).

This assumes that CBC hasn't protected their netcast.  If they have, you won't be able to save it unless you have a copy of RealPlayer which has had its copy-protection code disabled.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW, I forget whether the extension is ".ram" or ".rm" for the real file.  One is the extension that is a "RAM-hurl" file to redirect you to the actual stream file, and the other is the actual stream file.  I think ".ram" is the RAM-hurl, and ".rm" is the actual stream, but it could be the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm downloading it now.  Should have it all in 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got both files.  Each is a little better than 6MB.

Who wants them, and where should I put them?  I'm afraid I can't email them, as my ISPs email server won't accept attachments that large.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn Dominus  6MB!! .....thats great!!!

Can you burn a CD for me and send it over???  I will pick up the costs involved..

You definietly have to look me up when you go to school up here so I can take you out to the range.....

Oh and thanks as well 71 but I think I will take the EASY way out of this!! LOL

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Check your email.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh and thanks as well 71 but I think I will take the EASY way out of this!! LOL
View Quote

No problemo, Stormbringeroonie!  Next time you'll know how;  that makes all the typing worth it. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top