Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:13:33 PM EDT
I was looking over on DU and I saw this -

Dear Auntie Pinko,

I am having a very hard time clarifying my thinking on the abortion issue. Can you help?

Here's my problem: as a woman, of course I am in total favor of the right to safe, legal abortion. I once accompanied a 15-year-old acquaintance when she aborted her brother's child (and helped her get out of the abusive family situation).

However, I am squeamish about abortion on another level. Of my closest and dearest friends, about half are gay. As medical technology advances, I believe we're not far from isolating the "gay gene," or otherwise developing some scientifically valid way of predicting a tendency on the part of a fetus to develop into a gay child. I also believe, based on my three decades living in the Bible belt, that it would take all of fifteen minutes for the fake Christians to find a way to justify aborting all of those fetuses.

I love my gay friends. The world would be a sadder place without them.

Am I being paranoid, Auntie? Or is this a valid concern? Does it necessitate modifying my staunchly pro-choice stand?

Please help.

Holly
Huntsville, AL

Un - be - focking - levable

I'm speechless.

So we are to conclude that in the mind of liberals,

Kill straight baby = wonderful
Kill gay baby = no good

What the eff is wrong with these people?

Every passing year I hate them more and more.  They are pure evil disguised as "nice".

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think she just misnamed her stance.

She didn't mean "staunchly pro-choice," she really meant "staunchly pro-choice so long as I agree with the choice of myself and others."
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That person is just a fucking idiot....

A product of the pinko public school system

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the perceived difference is that in the case of the identified gay baby, the religious rightwing nutjobs currently in power will demand a forced abortion, as opposed to allowing the enlightened woman (of course) to choose for themselves.

(The above from DU point of view. My own point of view is somewhere in the middle)

NTM
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That seems very selfish of her.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Why couldn't she have been aborted?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahh Grasshopper.  You have to understand that liberals are basically children.  She is for abortion because she had a friend who was pregnant as a result of incest, but is against it if it is for a bad reason, like aborting gay children, which she is sure those nasty Christians would do.  There is no thought behind her position.  Spank her and send her to bed without her dinner and she will learn.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Her example of her fun gay friends is retarded , but in her unintelligible way, she might be trying to express a tension between her support for choice and her concerns about eugenics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmmm, they should go with the SMith and wesson method of abortion, put tube in ear, pull trigger, pregnancy (and liberal) problem solved
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
And if they were to scour these boards, you don't think they could come up with worse?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]

I once accompanied a 15-year-old acquaintance when she aborted her brother's child (and helped her get out of the abusive family situation).

Why is it that every nutty liberal I have ever talked to brings out a similar story?
Me thinks they make this bullshit up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That has to be a put on!

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
And if they were to scour these boards, you don't think they could come up with worse?

"OMG! These people like GUNS! Guns are icky and NOBODY except our beloved Government should have that kind of firepower!"

No. We're not the extremists. They are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
It is not a put on. This "debate" has been increasing the last 2 or 3 years in the Nazi pro-abortion establishment. While I support the right to life from the moment we are created (as the Founders intended) it would be poetic justice to "abort" out of existence those who most supported abortion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I once accompanied a 15-year-old acquaintance when she aborted her brother's child (and helped her get out of the abusive family situation).

Why is it that every nutty liberal I have ever talked to brings out a similar story?
Me thinks they make this bullshit up.

yeah, what's up with all the keeping it in the family" stories of abortions due to family member rapes?

Urban legend?  I mean, sure, it has probably happened, some sick people out there...but DAMN.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's proudly displayed on the front page of the website.

Regarding the abortion thing -

Everyone talks about abortion in these nice gentle expressions.  People say, "Womans right to choose to terminate and unwanted pregnancy."  They never say, "A doctor jammed a pair of sizzors thru a baby's head and then sold the ears to a medical laboratory."

What a fucking hideous nightmare.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I too saw that earlier today.  I was totally blown away by the attitude of that moron.

As you state...un-fucking believable.

As God is my witness, liberals will be the death of America yet.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
This point of view is touching upon a much broader issue of scientific ethics and technology.

It has moved beyond the existence of a mere technology (namely, the procedure of abortion) and into the realm of scientific application.

So the fear she outlined is entirely realistic:  That governments can use technology for "evil" purposes.  This is more related to genetics in general and not the abortion/gay issue.

I highly doubt, however, that a "gay" gene will be identified.  Sexuality will be narrowly defined, in the near future, as a learned concept.  What goes into that theory, however, is the notion that it cannot be unlearned.

The themes and discourse coming out of the original post are not cut and dry enough to be fleshed out in a simple reply.

- BG
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I think her view is 'heterophobic'.  She believes the world would be 'a sadder place' without gays, and obviously believes that Christians would pull a complete 180 on abortion if potentially gay offspring could be detected.  

I seriously doubt that, not when Christians believe abortion is MURDER, regardless of the child.  

And if she fears the government would influence, or even FORCE abortion of potentially gay fetuses... well, THAT is what I think is 'heterophobic'...  Kinda makes me think she probably thinks that gays are horribly repressed, and have no rights, etc.  

I posted this on another forum to see how the discussion goes, as it's almost 50/50 conservative/liberal...   First comment was along the lines that "she thinks it would be a sad place without the gay child, but perfectly fine without the straight child".  Yep.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think she just misnamed her stance.

She didn't mean "staunchly pro-choice," she really meant "staunchly pro-choice so long as I agree with the choice of myself and others."

Just that simple.  And it is consistent with the fundamental principal of Liberal free-speech: free as long as you agree with leftist policy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was looking over on DU and I saw this -

Dear Auntie Pinko,

I am having a very hard time clarifying my thinking on the abortion issue. Can you help?

Here's my problem: as a woman, of course I am in total favor of the right to safe, legal abortion. I once accompanied a 15-year-old acquaintance when she aborted her brother's child (and helped her get out of the abusive family situation).

However, I am squeamish about abortion on another level. Of my closest and dearest friends, about half are gay. As medical technology advances, I believe we're not far from isolating the "gay gene," or otherwise developing some scientifically valid way of predicting a tendency on the part of a fetus to develop into a gay child. I also believe, based on my three decades living in the Bible belt, that it would take all of fifteen minutes for the fake Christians to find a way to justify aborting all of those fetuses.

I love my gay friends. The world would be a sadder place without them.

Am I being paranoid, Auntie? Or is this a valid concern? Does it necessitate modifying my staunchly pro-choice stand?

Please help.

Holly
Huntsville, AL

Un - be - focking - levable

I'm speechless.

So we are to conclude that in the mind of liberals,

Kill straight baby = wonderful
Kill gay baby = no good

What the eff is wrong with these people?

Every passing year I hate them more and more.  They are pure evil disguised as "nice".

Common...everybody loves lesbians.

Second...I think there's alot of reading into the text here.  Let's look at this:

...predicting a tendency on the part of a fetus to develop into a gay child. I also believe, based on my three decades living in the Bible belt, that it would take all of fifteen minutes for the fake Christians to find a way to justify aborting all of those fetuses...

Alright, first she sites some personal experience with Freaky Religious People (TM).  I'm not talking those that go to church every sunday as well as the designated holidays, I'm talking the freaking Taliban or Al Queda kind of freaky religious people that try to use prayer to cure something everyone else takes antibiotics for.  Notice she rightfully refers to these Freaky Religious People (TM) as FAKE CHRISTIANS.  Let's see this part again:

...it would take all of fifteen minutes for the fake Christians...

Second, she isn't saying that abortion of gay or straight is better or worse, only that she fears that the Freaky Religious People (TM) will find a way to JUSTIFY ABORTION of those children determined to have the Gay Gene.  Let's see the instant replay:

for the fake Christians to find a way to justify aborting all of those (gay gene) fetuses

For those more advanced readers that aren't debilitated with ADD like I am:

...predicting a tendency on the part of a fetus to develop into a gay child...it would take all of fifteen minutes for the fake Christians to find a way to justify aborting all of those fetuses...

Review:
Fake Christians = Bad;
Fake Christians = Justifying Abortion of Gay Gene Fetus;

If Fake Christians = Bad
AND
Fake Christians = Justifying Abortion of Gay Gene Featus

Then...
Justifying Abortion of Gay Gene Fetus = Bad

That means it's just all bad mojo according to the writer.

Common guys.  Really, better reading and analysis is needed to f the libs.  Lets get it together here.

Oh yeah...go ahead and call me a lib commie pinko.  I dare you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#23]
"Gay Gene"?

Give me a fucking break...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Common...everybody loves hot lesbians.

Fixed it for you.

I don't give a damn about the fat bitch Rosie O'Donnel butch types.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Probably not a lesbian, hot or otherwise. most likely an UGLY, sad, never-been-kissed fag-hag. Worse than a dyke IMHO. Granola chewing dumbass hippy liberal? You betcha!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeez, I hope we find the liberal gene then.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Jeez, I hope we find the liberal gene then.

If only their behavior was caused by a gene, rather than the lack of a chromosome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"Gay Gene"?

Yeah, I thought that whole thing had been debunked, but that really isn't the main focus of the article so I let it be.  So should everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, just wow.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...Granola chewing dumbass hippy liberal?

What is it with Granola and liberals?  I mean, am I the only friggin guy that likes granola and takes a shower every day?  

Go head and make your lib/commie/hippie cat calls, but leave the goddamned granola out of it, man!  Sheeeit!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank goodness we have more guns than they do!!!

AC
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Granola chewing dumbass hippy liberal?

What is it with Granola and liberals?  I mean, am I the only friggin guy that likes granola and takes a shower every day?  

Go head and make your lib/commie/hippie cat calls, but leave the goddamned granola out of it, man!  Sheeeit!

I've been singing the praises of granola, guns and hygeine for a while now.  I'm not fond fo the connontations, but you can't argue with granola's deliciousness.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've been singing the praises of granola, guns and hygeine for a while now.  I'm not fond fo the connontations, but you can't argue with granola's deliciousness.

Figures...I get someone to back me up but with a nick of 'Doucheatron'.

Dude, what is with that nick?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'm all in favor of aborting liberals.   Can we start aborting them RETROACTIVELY?

I'm also all in favor of finding a treatment, or better yet, a cure, for homosexuality.

CJ

Why does homosexuality need a cure?  I'm always facinated by this stance, and I'd like to see some expansion/explaination on the disease of homosexuality.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#36]
When they identify the murder, rapist, child molester, and liberal gene I'll fully support this scientific breakthrough. Aborting queers? Eh... I could care less one way or the other. They're harmless as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
In my book, homosexuality is as much a disorder as any medical or psychological condition found in any relevant medical or psychological textbook.

Men stuffing each other is not natural, normal, or acceptable. That is all.

Same goes for lesbianism except for the required anatomical changes.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Eh, I'm a liberal and it's no secret that I am both insane and evil.

I don't think queers and lesbians should be allowed to get married. I don't think they should have special treatment either.

I don't celebrate diversity, I think diversity is harmful to a civilation.

I am not only PRO second amendment, I am pro-everyone of our rights.

I am totally opposed to the patriot act.

I am PRO government subsidized healthcare. I pay taxes too, I want my fuckin' money's worth.

I am PRO Soc Sec and PRO Welfare. Disabled, dysfunctional and stupid trashy people gotta live too, there are already too damn many of them on the street, I'd rather them have a monthly check that puts a roof over their heads, etc, then have to drive through them, smell them, etc.

I voted for George W. Bush, both times and without "chad" issues. The democrat alternative was SO poor, there was no other alternative and the 3rd party vote would simply be throwing my vote away. I voted twice for the LESSOR of two evils. I don't like GWB, but, we could have done MUCH worse.

I am Anti-death penalty. Hey, I'm a liberal, should you be fucking surprised? I won't bore you with my personal beliefs about this issue.

I am PRO marijuana legalization, ok, don't like the idea of legal pot? Criminalize BOOZE instead! (Again) However, I am very opposed to any legalization of drugs like meth, coke, heroin, etc. I've got my own thoughts along that line too.

Other liberals really dislike me, Hmm, it's probably that I don't toe the party line. What can I say, I don't like everything liberals stand for. But then again, I can't call myself republican either, I lean too liberal.

DU types need psych meds. And fellow Libs want to know why REPs (AKA: Freepers) hate us? DU should be nuked from space, it's the only way to be sure.

REAL Liberals are quite different from what you see in John "flipper" Kerry, Al "Ya gunna eat that last burger" Gore and Bill "Suck it deeper, Monica" Clinton. The examples you see by the LOUDEST Dems /Libs are the POOREST example of "Liberal" and they have truly fucked the party.

Now, think back when being a democrat was being completely for the protection of ALL our civil rights, not the pick and choose approach. The pledge in school was something we were proud to do, it was a tribute to the cornerstone of our "rights and freedoms". There was also so much more to being a democrat/liberal, it was a belief in the government run by the people and that the people were inherently good. THOSE were Democrats! Not these limp wristed peter puffing assclowns that make up DU.

If you think Libs are insane and evil, take a look at REPS, about the only thing I like about REPS are that by and large, they are PRO second, on most of the other issues, I just can't align myself.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#40]
You guys need to give her a break.  She just needs our love and understanding.  She also needs her pooper stuffed.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You guys need to give her a break.  She just needs our love and understanding.  She also needs her pooper stuffed.

And the pics, dude. Don't forget the pics.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Acually, I can see her dilemma.

What would you do if you had a friend that had a Oly AR15
and didn't have the option to abort.

But on the other hand,you had good friends that owned Bushmasters, but the Colt
crowd was working on a way to abort those also.

Damn, I would be confused to.

GM

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#43]

a 15-year-old acquaintance when she aborted her brother's child

Incest?
DUer that wrote that a complete idiot and can't write a correct sentence?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Alright, first she sites some personal experience with Freaky Religious People (TM).  I'm not talking those that go to church every sunday as well as the designated holidays, I'm talking the freaking Taliban or Al Queda kind of freaky religious people that try to use prayer to cure something everyone else takes antibiotics for.  Notice she rightfully refers to these Freaky Religious People (TM) as FAKE CHRISTIANS.

There is no reaon at all to conclude that she means anything other than what she is actually saying and which is "gospel" to the lunatic left. It is not "do not take our sick child to the hospital Christians" that she means, but those Christians who actually take God at His word when He says that homosexuality is an abomination.
She is actually stating that she fears that some Christians will actually be as hypocritical as her.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Gay Gene"?

They will find it right after they find the pedophilia gene, adultery gene, beastiality gene, pederasty gene, and incest gene.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Gay Gene"?

They will find it right after they find the pedophilia gene, adultery gene, beastiality gene, pederasty gene, and incest gene.

actually, most medical evidence points to their being some genetic factor(i.e. people that are gay tend to have a higher occurence of homosexuality within their immediate and extended family than other individuals); what causes these genes to be expressed is a major question however.I personally take the stance that homosexuality is much like klinefelters, turner syndrome, and other sex-chromosome linked disorders; it is still a disease of those chromosomes, but instead of the addition or removal of additional X or Y chromosomes, there is a mutation in those chromosomes. We do know that it is almost definitely not environmental, as people from all walks of life are homosexual, and there really is not a "common trait" in how they were raised, what they have gone through, etc.

EDIT: add into that the fact that all animals exhibit some homosexual behavior, with around the same percentage in various mammalian species, and I think it is a done deal that there is definitely a "gay" gene.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

So am I picking up that you find homosexuality to be normal and/or acceptable behavior?

Suffice it to say,  I most vehemently disagree.   In my book, homosexuality is as much a disorder as any medical or psychological condition found in any relevant medical or psychological textbook.

Men stuffing each other is not natural, normal, or acceptable.    That is all.

Same goes for lesbianism except for the required anatomical changes.

CJ

I don't find homosexuality a 'normal' behavior, but I also disagree with the stance that they need 'cured'.  

How do homos harm you?  Are you afraid you might catch the homo disease if they get too close?  What does it matter what they do behind closed doors?  Now it's a diff thing if they are doing stuff in public, I don't approve of that any more than I approve of straight people getting it on in public.  However, as long as I'm not forced to watch/witness it they aren't hurting me so I really don't care.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
There is no reaon at all to conclude that she means anything other than what she is actually saying and which is "gospel" to the lunatic left. It is not "do not take our sick child to the hospital Christians" that she means, but those Christians who actually take God at His word when He says that homosexuality is an abomination.

She is actually stating that she fears that some Christians will actually be as hypocritical as her.

There IS reason to conclude that as she refers to them as 'fake' christians.  I pointed this out.

Now I every time I ask Christians about this, I get diff answers, so I'll just throw this out again: I thought Christianity was about tolerance.  Sure, homos are an 'abomination' in the eyes of God, but so are sluts, whores, divorcees, adulters, and vagina slaves.  If you wanna be real hardcore about the bible, you could even say those who don't keep the sabbath holy--no football, nothing but relaxing on the couch and meditating about your relationship with God--is also spitting on the face of God.  Why do homos get such special attention?  

Didn't Jesus supposedly die for the sins of man so we didn't all have to burn in hell?  Didn't Jesus turn the other cheek when slapped?  Didn't he show mercy to theives and whores instead of striking them down?

Why is it that homos of all groups that practice abberant behavior draw such special attention?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
actually, most medical evidence points to their being some genetic factor(i.e. people that are gay tend to have a higher occurence of homosexuality within their immediate and extended family than other individuals); what causes these genes to be expressed is a major question however.I personally take the stance that homosexuality is much like klinefelters, turner syndrome, and other sex-chromosome linked disorders; it is still a disease of those chromosomes, but instead of the addition or removal of additional X or Y chromosomes, there is a mutation in those chromosomes. We do know that it is almost definitely not environmental, as people from all walks of life are homosexual, and there really is not a "common trait" in how they were raised, what they have gone through, etc.

EDIT: add into that the fact that all animals exhibit some homosexual behavior, with around the same percentage in various mammalian species, and I think it is a done deal that there is definitely a "gay" gene.

Read the links on this page.
www.narth.com/menus/born.html

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There IS reason to conclude that as she refers to them as 'fake' christians.  I pointed this out.

No, you came to a conclusion that is not in any way supported by her actual words.

Now I every time I ask Christians about this, I get diff answers, so I'll just throw this out again: I thought Christianity was about tolerance.
No, the scriptures, Saints and teachings of the Church are all QUITE clear in that God condemns evil AND it's toleration.
As G.K. Chesterton states, "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without conviction."

Sure, homos are an 'abomination' in the eyes of God, but so are sluts, whores, divorcees, adulters, and vagina slaves.
And no one is supposed to tolerate those either.

If you wanna be real hardcore about the bible, you could even say those who don't keep the sabbath holy--no football, nothing but relaxing on the couch and meditating about your relationship with God--is also spitting on the face of God.  Why do homos get such special attention?  

1. Whoever said that "keeping holy the sabbath is relaxing on the couch and meditating about God"?
2. That would be rather hard to do since for most of the 2000 years of Christianity Christians did not have couches.
3. Is football condemned by God or His Prophets and Disciples?

There are people who commit various sexual sins and perversions; adultery, incest, pederasty, necrophilia etc. It is only those who make the choice to engaging homosexual sodomy that are marching in the streets and teaching their perversion to school children. Hence the "special attention." There is also a group that is trying to legalize sex with children and call themselves NAMBLA. As you might imagine they are homosexuals.

Didn't Jesus supposedly die for the sins of man so we didn't all have to burn in hell?  Didn't Jesus turn the other cheek when slapped?  Didn't he show mercy to theives and whores instead of striking them down?
He was in fact very strict and ORDERED them to "go, AND SIN NO MORE!"
Dying for someone sins is not the same as dying so one can go on sinning.

Why is it that homos of all groups that practice abberant behavior draw such special attention?
Is anyone on this forum advocating sex with children, or drinking and driving, or incest, or beasitality, etc?   Even if any of them do any of these things, I have not seen them form into a "group" and start advocating it or saying that it is "normal".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top