Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
I got a deck installed at my home and the stairs cover the existing dryer vent.  I hear there is an LG brand washer/dryer in one that doesn't vent at all.  I just don't want to vent in the existing place as it would trap a lot of moisture under the stairs, but dont' know about this LG thing, just heard that it was a pretty good machine, but hadn't been out for too long.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife works for LG and I will let her answer this for you.

I have worked for LG for 2 years now and they are great units. Yes it is true about the unit being ventless. The way the unit works is the unit acts like a dehumidifier. Which means that it will pull the moisture out of the clothing. In doing this it will take several hours to do this. Of course jeans and heavy items will take longer. There are many advantages to this machine, you can place the clothing in it in the morning and let it go when you come home from work the clothing will be Dry. The other great thing is that it has a sensor on it that will tumble the clothing every 10 min or so so there will not be any rinckles. The unit will continue to do this until you turn off the unit or until you open the door. Due to the fact that it works in this concept it will not use the energy that your conventonal drier or other unit will use. They are very energy savey due to the Eropean concept. The only draw back on this unit is if you do have a family I would not recommend it. These units are great if you have a single family or you are single. If you need further insight call 800-243-0000 or visit www.us.lge.com there is great info on this and Customer service is open 24-7.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]

My wife has one and loves it!

Part of the reason we got it was that it was ventless (my parents have a smilar unit in Europe).  I believe it also runs off regular power outlets, not the big weird ones that washer/dryers sometimes need.

So it's perfect for her, since it's upstairs, in a walk-in closet, right off the bedroom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That's exactly what i'm lookin for.  I'm single and don't to much laundry, but do appreciate quality.

I had a maytag brand that would wrinkle the hell out of my clothes unless I got them out 30 minutes or less when they were finished drying.  

I like the concept of washing and drying without having to be around to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  Usually I only do 2 loads a week, white and dark and this would save me a bit of time not having to be home to move them from wash to dry.  "set it and forget it!"

The energy savings is something that I like as well.  I have a new ac/furnace, windows, insulation and other energy saving odds and ends, adding this will help as well.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top