Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2016 4:59:34 PM EDT

If there are any LE Park Rangers (State or Fed) that are issued patrol rifles out there I am interesting in hearing what you are issued/ policies.  Also, if you are on your agencies SWAT/ Special Tactics type teams I would be interested in knowing your issued load out for that.  Thanks and can PM if desired.

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Windham Weaponry AR-15's, Magpul furniture and Aimpoint Comp M2's from the 1033 program. Wisconsin DNR had M1A SOCOM's prior to that, opted for smaller "more shooter friendly" platform...
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a PR... I'm local LE... on SWAT and issued a Colt Commando (R0933) with Aimpoint M4.
    Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:40:34 PM EDT
    [#3]
    Our local State Game and Parks officer has an AR of some type with a low powered scope.  No idea if it was issued or personal purchase, but I lean toward issued.

Not sure if it's relevant but my department just issued 11.5" SBRs with Aimpoints to all patrol officers (all six of us).  Everyone has about four or five mags in the car, usually in a bag type carrier.
    Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:55:13 PM EDT
    [#4]

For many years GRSM had a mixture of 14.5 and 20 inch M16 A1's and A2's.  There were some GAU's as well.  Some were 1/7 and some 1/12 rifling.  DRMO Aimpoint M4's were on half the guns.  Three years ago we upgraded the uppers to Colt 14.5 1/7 M4 uppers and most patrol staff have Aimpoints.  We are also finally moving towards 64 gr Bonded PSP.  There are a few personally owned and SETT guns here too but not many.  

No surprise there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top