Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2018 9:37:03 PM EDT
Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M3 Mil Dot (51850)
NSN 1240015853100
UPC 030317518509
Original Acquisiton Price: $1,122.00

Currently there are 254 of these scopes at DLA Anniston CDC (Frankford AVE, BLDG 282, Anniston AL 36201-4199) with 10 days left in the listing cycle.
They're all used (I think) but look pretty good. See pics below.

They're in 2 lots:
DTID W56BEH81929725
DTID W56BEH81929726

My chief said we can't get any, so I'm passing the info along. In LA, these would cost my agency $112 each. It's a rare find in this condition. If you go to Anniston you could hand-pick.

This is for those agencies enrolled in the DLA's LESO Program with internet access to RTD. You must be a property screener with your agency to visit a DLA site (on post).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I received some questions about LESO and RTD in general, so here is my brief summary about all that:

Can you explain how this works please?
I'm a LEO but not near Anniston. I have a friend who is near Anniston though. How would he go about acquiring some of these scopes? Someone he can contact?
View Quote
It's all federal surplus property that's awarded to government entities (among other eligible organizations such as fire/rescue departments, ROTC programs, museums, etc.) The property shows up in cycles as it's turned in to a DLA site by either the military or a federal agency. Then, if you're a property screener for your government agency, you can search for it and request it. The requests get submitted to whoever is the state coordinator for your state, and must be approved by them. If approved, they go on to DLA LESO HQ in Battle Creek, MI for approval there. The cost for property is set by your state, not by DLA. Most states charge 10% of original federal acquisition cost.

If you know someone in Anniston (anyone), the head of your agency can sign a form to make them a property screener for your agency. With a copy of that form, they can enter a DLA site and inspect (screen) the property. This could also include hand-picking whatever quantity your agency gets awarded and carrying it off. However they cannot actually request the property. Only someone with a fully setup RTD login approved by your state coordinator can submit requests. These accounts are created through the DLA AMPS website, then roles are requested there, and finally your state coordinator approves authorization of the account. Multiple people at an agency can have such an individual account, but if no one at your agency has one already, you won't get one in time to request these scopes.

So it would be pointless to get a friend in Anniston to look at them unless someone with an account associated with your agency can login to request the property. Once awarded, whomever is specified by the agency (for that particular release of property) signs to pick them up (could be anyone, the local pack & ship service). Then they must be accounted for every year in the online inventory system (which is LESO FEPMIS in FAMWEB).

There can be all kinds of stuff found in RTD searches through LESO. It's not just DoD hardware (although the majority is). The hard part is sorting the crappy items from the good items, largely due to the condition being unknown. DLA sites are required to upload at least one photo of a property lot when requested, but often those photos are useless.

There are DLA sites all over the world, but shipping from outside the US is expensive, and your agency is responsible for getting the property boxed-up and shipped. FedEx and UPS will not pack stuff into boxes for you. You have to pay a local pack & ship outfit to go onto the base if you cannot send one of your people there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top