Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 7:42:49 PM EDT
I'm posting this in the LEO forum as well

I remember a thread like this a while back, but now I have a specific need for these stories.  I am in a debate tomorrow about the death penalty (pro) and it came up in my group’s discussion tonight that it would be good to have a couple of narratives available about some of the most heinous of criminals to make the point clear.  

So what I’m looking for is stories of the worst bad guy you’ve ever put away.  I also need personal info (if you want to email me this that’s fine): name, rank and dept, as well as general date of the crime.  Name of the perp and victim would be very helpful as well.

I just want to have this to make a reality-based point; not a theoretical “what if a terrible person……”

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an LEO (and I don't play one on TV), but you might do a google search of people that have received the death penalty (or are supposed to) over the past 5-10 years. Here are a few examples of human filth that come to mind:

Timothy McVeigh
Tookie Williams
John Wayne Gaycie
Gary Gilmore
Charles Manson
Sirhan Sirhan
James Earl Ray
Andrea Yates (bitch in Houston that drowned her 5 kids)
Susan Smith (bitch in South Carolina that drowned her 2 kids and lied about it)
Scott Peterson
OJ Simpson
David Burkowitz (Son of Sam)
Ted Kazinski (The Unabomber)
Jeffrey Dahmer
Robert Reid (The would-be shoe bomber)
The 19 9/11 Hijackers
Colin Ferguson (asshole that shot people on the NY subway)
John Couey (the piece of shit that raped and murdered 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford)
David ???? (asshole that kidnapped Elizabeth Smart)
Asshole in Idaho that killed those folks, including kid named Dillion, but did not kill his sister, Shasta
Asshole in Atlanta that grabbed the bailiff's gun and went on a shooting rampage, only to surrender to woman that read a book to him
The BTK killer (don't remember asshole's name)

How's that for a start?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What about go old artie shawcross (sp?) Kill a whole shitload of hookers in finger lakes area.. NYS dont have death penility so he is a lifer
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Colin Ferguson (asshole that shot people on the NY subway)

Correction.  IRCC, there was no security on the subway and, bar saying the wrong things durning the investigation, he was only protecting himself
two posts in one day for me.  must resist......

eta; wrong subway shooter, thinking of that white guy
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help so far, but I'm really looking for a bit more personal touch.  I.e., Officer ABC of XYZ PD tells of a criminal who.......

Preferably less high profile.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/#Notables

Look up Oba Chandler and Willie Crain (or google search their cases. Crain's victim was a little girl named Amanda Brown.  Chandler's victims were a family with the last name of Rogers)

I would also cite names like Ted Bundy, Aileen Wornos and Danny Rollings. Rollings was just put to death last week.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
eta; wrong subway shooter, thinking of that white guy

yep that was Goetz  shot two disillusioned youths

that just happened to have sharpened screw drivers

maybe they were just asking him if he had any handyman work
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help so far, but I'm really looking for a bit more personal touch.  I.e., Officer ABC of XYZ PD tells of a criminal who.......

Preferably less high profile.

Well I was a deputy in Pinellas County Florida during the Oba Chandler and Willie Crain cases.  I never personally dealt with them, because I wasn't a homicide detective, but I and several dozen volunteer divers went looking for Crain's crab traps off the Courtney Campbell causeway in search of her remains.  To this day I can't eat anything that contains crab, especially Blue Crab or Stone Crab.  

I saw Oba Chandler when he was brought into the jail.  All I can say is the man was soulless
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
You want a nasty fuck to research ?
Mike Ryan

My sisters father in law worked on this case said it haunted him years later
Ron (the state trooper)  unfortunately died earlier this year or I would put you in touch with him

amazon book link
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopeful bump for the morning crew

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Heather McGill.  North Alabama about 5 years or so ago.

Burned her three kids ALIVE and she got off scot free due to a stupid jury sleazy lawyers and poor fire arson investigation.

BTW, did you know there is a word for when parents kill their kids by burning them alive?  I forget what it is but someone here will come up with it.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top