Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2002 10:32:07 AM EDT
I am heading for the store and make my first stop at the bank. As I drive out there is a "river bed" that I have to drive over and along the river bed there is a jogging path. Along the path there is a motorcycle cop riding the path with his lights and strobes going... 1st "hmmmm" then about 2 blocks away there is a cruiser with its 'yellow' light bar flashing driving along. No 'red' or 'blue' lights ... just yellow.

After going to the store I see ANOTHER cruiser with the same lights on...differnt cop though. Then one more on my street.

What is with the Yellow lights?? any significance?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
thats a little known code that the doughnuts at krispy kreme are now hot and fresh..
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
thats a little known code that the doughnuts at krispy kreme are now hot and fresh..
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
They're probably searching for a suspect, and being quiet and passive about it. The lights are so people take notice of them, so at any second if the have to bolt somewhere, people around them are already aware to get the hell out of the way.

Then again, the Krispy Kreme idea is good too. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay low and out of sight and have a fire extinguisher handy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the only good response would be to run outside naked and dump a 30rnd mag in the air.

mik
View Quote

One word - tracers
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
tracers are a DD in california.

defridge, what part of OC was this happening in? got a radio scanner?

I bet the bikepath is a quick way to go somewhere sometimes :D  if I had a nice CBR 600f3 I bet I could be at the beach in 10 min from Kraemer Blvd and the Santa Ana riverbed
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is with the Yellow lights?? any significance?
View Quote

That's what happens when the frosting melts on your fingers.....you can't work the switches in the cruiser......[:D]

Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the only good response would be to run outside naked and dump a 30rnd mag in the air.

mik
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Buy a scanner

Seriously, you would be amazed at what happens right in your vicinity that you never even know about. I love in a nice quite community, and I have upped my defensive posture a couple times in the last year due to suspects running on foot in my vicinity or a srting of break ins on one night, or prowler reports.
View Quote

Ya man. I was monitoring the police when they were chasing 3 armed robbery suspects near my location. I found out how sensitive the FLIR on their helicopter. When I stuck my head out a window they lit me up with the nightsun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top