Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 9:11:09 AM EDT
Well, after reading many cops-shot-my-dog threads, I have to post one that looks like a good shoot. As a dog owner, I'm still sorry for the dogs, but based on their owners' philosophy, they never stood a chance. Idiot owners, animal control officer attacked, multiple bites, small children, etc. Good shoot, in my book.

San Jose, CA Police Shoot 2 Dogs

Two American bulldog-pit bull mix dogs were killed, two men arrested and an animal control officer is recovering from nine dog bites stemming from a vicious Tuesday morning attack in a San Jose homeowner's backyard.

A San Jose police officer fired 11 rounds into the pets, named Sharky and Chief, after the two 80-pound, unneutered dogs attacked an animal control officer about 8 a.m., authorities said. Both dogs died, and two men, who have been cited five times before for their dangerous pets, were arrested.

San Jose police identified them as Lorenzo Garcia, 27, and Jesus Francisco Guzman 29, both of San Jose. The officer's name was not immediately released.

The animal control officer, Denise Friedrich, a five-year veteran, was released later Tuesday from the hospital, after being bitten on her arms, legs and buttocks, said animal care spokeswoman Julie St. Gregory. Animal care officers had been called out four other times since last December on reports about the two dogs, she said.

The attack erupted about 8 a.m. when homeowner Bikramjit Singh called authorities, hoping they could get rid of the dogs that had gotten into his backyard in the 2000 block of Pentland Way, said San Jose fire Capt. Barry Stallard.

Singh told authorities the dogs had strayed onto his property at least half a dozen times.

Friedrich arrived and started to enter the backyard. One of the dogs began attacking her, and she hit back several times with
Advertisement
a baton, Stallard said. Just as she was whacking one of the dogs, a second dog began biting her, Stallard said.

A police officer who was in the front yard heard the animal control officer's screams and rushed to help. He didn't initially shoot, Stallard said, because both dogs were on top of her.

Then, Sharky and Chief began to lunge toward the police officer, Stallard said, and he fired at them 11 times. One dog, wounded in the gunfire, started to run away but was later found by animal control, where he was put down. The other dog continued to rush at the officer while his neck was bleeding, but he eventually died. Animal control spokeswoman St. Gregory was not sure which dog died at the scene and which dog was put down.

Stallard said this situation was horrific, but it could have been worse.

The owner of the home usually keeps his sliding glass door open to get fresh air through a screen door, Stallard said. Tuesday, Singh decided to keep the glass door closed and refrain from his usual morning fresh-air jaunt in his own backyard. Singh's children are 6 and 8 years old, and luckily, did not go out the back door, Stallard said.

/TCP

edited to add text of article
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah.  I would have shot the dogs myself if I was the homeowner.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
the dogs never stood a chance.

A San Jose police officer
fired 11 rounds into the pets, named Sharky and Chief, after the two
80-pound, unneutered dogs attacked an animal control officer about 8
a.m., authorities said. Both dogs died, and two men, who have been
cited five times before for their dangerous pets, were arrested
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they did not warn them in MEXIE CO language. They had to learn universal language.

So that is why they don't let me bring an AK to hunt animals. There would be to many cops in the woods.

Hell what was using 25 cal. rounds? This is pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe the did not warn them in MEXIE CO laungage.

So that is why they don't let me bring an AK to hunt animals. There would be to many cops in the woods.

please re-translate.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe they did not warn them in MEXIE CO language. They had to learn universal language.

Woah there turbo.  Don't hurt yourself.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

please re-translate.

30 round will take that deer down LEO.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...two men, who have been cited five times before for their dangerous pets, were arrested.

Five times?  Dogs should have been seized and put down after the second incident.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please re-translate.

Estamos en los Estados Unidos.  Habla ingles, por favor.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
One of the dog's names was sharky.

Good shoot upon hearing the dogs name.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My head hurt from trying to understand this.  To many cops in the woods?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...two men, who have been cited five times before for their dangerous pets, were arrested.

Five times?  Dogs should have been seized and the ignorant fuck heads that owned them put down after the second incident.

Lemme fix that for you

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WTF are you babbling about?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Perhaps the owners should be shot too
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please re-translate.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This post deserves a thread of its own.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I have no problem with shooting violent dogs who have a history of attacking.

It's when they shoot the friendly, happy golden retrievers in the back as they run away...

This scenario was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

please re-translate.

I think he means this:

"The dogs must have only understood Spanish warnings because of their owners. It took 11 rounds to take down two dogs? That is unacceptable, the police officer must have very poor accuracy.  Alternatively, he may have been using .25 cal rounds, which would explain the high amount of shots required to put down the dogs.  If we allowed AKs for hunting, all the police who can't hit anything would then take up hunting, since they could spray and pray at deer."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please re-translate.

I think he means this:

"The dogs must have only understood Spanish warnings because of their owners. It took 11 rounds to take down two dogs? That is unacceptable, the police officer must have very poor accuracy. Alternatively, he may have been using .25 cal rounds, which would explain the high amount of shots required to put down the dogs. If we allowed AKs for hunting, all the police who can't hit anything would then take up hunting, since they could spray and pray at deer."

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please re-translate.

Have you ever shot at, let alone killed, anything or anyone that was actually attacking you?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please re-translate.

I think he means this:

"The dogs must have only understood Spanish warnings because of their owners. It took 11 rounds to take down two dogs? That is unacceptable, the police officer must have very poor accuracy. Alternatively, he may have been using .25 cal rounds, which would explain the high amount of shots required to put down the dogs. If we allowed AKs for hunting, all the police who can't hit anything would then take up hunting, since they could spray and pray at deer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhTxvzrUFo

Hey! Someone got the sarcastic joking. It tat nu schul stuff ta teech us. Sorry for hijacking the post. I just had too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

please re-translate.

I think he means this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhTxvzrUFo

Hey! Someone got the sarcastic joking. It that new school stuff tuf teech us.

The tard factor is way too high for you to be joking.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#23]
82 calm down.

It's was not Milk and Cookie time. It was Spit and Vinger time. So I hit the Tard Factor. I live in Low Places.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

82 calm down.

It's was not Milk and Cookie time. It was Spit and Vinger time. So I hit the Tard Factor. I live in Low Places.

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the dogs never stood a chance.
A San Jose police officerfired 11 rounds into the pets, named Sharky and Chief, after the two80-pound, unneutered dogs attacked an animal control officer about 8a.m., authorities said. Both dogs died, and two men, who have beencited five times before for their dangerous pets, were arrested

Why should they even have a chance after attacking an AC officer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top