Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:49:52 PM EDT
so at work today at my new wondefull  location. a Man decided to  rob a CVS pharmacy. The CVS  is right behind my work AO.  In the past suspects would run thru our area to get away. Just for some back ground there. Anyway,  i walk outside justin time to see a motorcycle cop go by on our sidewalk and thru the property(did this 4 times). then while  talking to a towing service for some tagged cars, the cops draw down on some guy right in front of my coworkers,,with me 40 yrds down barrel from the cop. I quickly made my way behind a tree,,took a second i had to find a big one! that guy brings in 4 cars and two cycle cops. they then go back to blocking roads, and  searching with the helo.  well we are sitting there  wondering wtf is going on. when we see a K9 unit in a back yard across the street.  this  handler has to jump a fence gate with is dog. well the dog is on one side the handler on another.  well this guy was strugglin' to say the least to get over that 4-5ft high fence. telling his dog to stay,calm down ect. well by now we are all  '' ahh man he's gonna bite it.."

30 seconds later we have one LEO tangled up in his dogs leash,inthe dirt , piss'd off looking at us(we kinda were laughing) and the tennats behind us. Who were laughing harder at this LEO( highly urban/hood area so you can guess what was said). Well said LEO gets up,  and then commands a van to stop when its 10 ft from him( i guess to cross or be safe by the dog) the van crawls by, the cops gets all WTF and throws his arms up in the air. they then come over our way. we have backed up by now and are about 5 yrds from our shop door.  this is what the LEO said..

" If you dont want to get bit get back inside your apt.! ..." while pointing at us, which we all kinda smile and step back a lil.   Then as he pass's my co-worker, says

"" you may wanna check.........""
and before  he could finish was given the stfu hand signal and he walked on.

now... the other cops we dealt with were cool,  and  didnt give us any grief.

well thats my cocky LEO bash story of the year.  i just found it odd that his dog ""would bite""   without a command...... seemed more of a  ""stfu  for laughin at me asswipes"" threat to me..LOL

sorry for any typos,grammer or any other shit. get over it,, its the net!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe instead of actually commanding his partner to "bite" you he was just having a totally shitty day.  Put youself in his situation for just a few minutes.  Here he is chasing someone, his adrenaline is way up, as is his partners, and he gets hung up on a fence.  

You ever had a bad day?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You ever had a bad day?

Yeah, but I don't threaten other people because I'm getting laughed at.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe instead of actually commanding his partner to "bite" you he was just having a totally shitty day.  Put youself in his situation for just a few minutes.  Here he is chasing someone, his adrenaline is way up, as is his partners, and he gets hung up on a fence.  

You ever had a bad day?

Yeah, but I don't take it out on others like a powerless little impotent twerp that took a job he thought would finally make him feel like a man because everyoneone would have to respect fear him.
LMFAO!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the LEO has the small penis disease
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
30 seconds later we have one LEO tangled up in his dogs leash,inthe dirt , piss'd off looking at us(we kinda were laughing) and the tennats behind us. Who were laughing harder at this LEO( highly urban/hood area so you can guess what was said).

Wow, what a fine upstanding citizen you are.  Standing there laughing while a Police Officer falls while pursuing a perp.

Your parents are proud, I'd bet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
And also I bet that JBT went home to his family after his shift!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ever had a bad day?

Yeah, but I don't take it out on others like a powerless little impotent twerp that took a job he thought would finally make him feel like a man because everyoneone would have to respect fear him.
LMFAO!!!

+1  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
30 seconds later we have one LEO tangled up in his dogs leash,inthe dirt , piss'd off looking at us(we kinda were laughing) and the tennats behind us. Who were laughing harder at this LEO( highly urban/hood area so you can guess what was said).

Wow, what a fine upstanding citizen you are.  Standing there laughing while a Police Officer falls while pursuing a perp.

no joke, seems like people love to slam the police but as soon as they have a problem they always runtot he phone to call one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no joke, seems like people love to slam the police but as soon as they have a problem they always runtot he phone to call one.

Amen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed, thin blue line.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
It sounds like Jr. never got over his fasination of wearing a utility belt while fighting crime.

what a crybaby
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those sheeple don't post here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They just did.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that's funny.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
this is what the LEO said..

" If you dont want to get bit get back inside your apt.! ..." while pointing at us, which we all kinda smile and step back a lil.  

The officer certainly lacks tact.  But what he was likely trying to say is although the dog is highly trained, he is still just a dog. They were going to use the dog to search for the armed robber, and the dog will bite the robber when he finds him.  Becuase he's still just a dog, everyone needs to be behind the handler, including the other officers, or safely indoors before the dog is released with a search and bite command.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Now that's funny.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
A K9 WILL bite you if approach the handler and the dog is keyed up.  Hell, I've been bit by our K9s on one occasion or another...including having the ass chewed out of my pants and nearly losing the sleeve of a leather jacket.

On a lighter note....had a foot chase through some backyards.  I was hot on the BG's heels.  He vaults over a small, three foot high white picket fence like a freakin' gazelle.  He must have had a good 12' of clearance under him.  Couple of teenage girls in the backyard, watching as I come hell bent for leather.   I plant one hand on the fence, intending to  swing myself over as there is no way in hell I can just jump over it...not with 25lbs of gear and a patrol rifle.  So...as soon as my hand hits the fence, I know this is going to end badly.  I can feel how rickety it is.  But my feet are already coming off the ground.  Fence gives, I go ass-over-teakettle, cussing all the way down.  I was not a happy camper.

Couple of thoughts:  You see how cheerful YOU feel after running around chasing badguys, busting your ass and bunch of citizens are standing around gawking.  I've had people standing on the sidewalk rubbernecking while exchanging rounds with badguys.

Here's a tip...if the police are chasing some dude, at some point, some degree of violence is rather likely.  Instead of standing around gaping....get the hell inside.  that way you're one more target I don't have to worry about.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'd have laughed too. I'd laugh if you did it, I'd laugh if my father did it.

If you bruised anything more than your pride, I'd be the first one to help you, but I'd still be laughing!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread reminds me of one time attending a braves game.  While walking to the stadium, I witnessed a young black thug snatch a ladies purse.  A police officer saw the same thing and proceeded to chase him.  They came my way and I blocked the sidewalk, prepared to tackle the young thug, but he realized I wasn't a don't get involved sheeple and proceeed to jump the fence about ten feet in front of me.  The officer couldn't jump the fence and had to run around the block.  Meanwhile all the local thugs were out in force (laughing and jeering at the officer) and cheering on the young thug yelling  " Run Scotty Run".  I was pissed off at  the attitude of the downtown locals and pissed that I couldn't help the officer anymore because I was wearing sandals (never wore them downtown again).  Then I was pissed off a having to yell at the local thugs to get away from the victim, because they were all taunting her yelling racial slurs at her saying she got what she deserved.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't call them for anything.  The one time I needed them, to file a police report over a stolen car stereo system, they never showed.  I called 6 times, and they never showed.  So I make a point of NEVER calling them for ANYTHING.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They just did.

Wow...Lucky me, I'm a sheeple.

Oh wait, I've never needed to call the cops.  They won't get here in time to help, only to do the paperwork.

Unless someone is actually DEAD, I'm not going to call them.  Anything less I'd prefer to just handle myself, or not get involved.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They just did.

I have called the police 1 time when I lived in an apartment.

I had been over there twice to ask them to turn down the music, and once to tell them to do it.
The fourth time would have involved a crime, so I called the cops.
They were polite, yet had to come back one more time before the neighbors realized the meaning of DOWN!

That being said, how many times have you called for backup on a traffic stop because you got nervous? Because you didn't think you could handle the job all by your lonesome. Because this person made you think twice about handling it all by yourself for some reason.

I am assuming you are a police officer by day.

Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:39:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we didnt laugh we kinda smiled and walked back to our shop. Its the crowd of folks behind us that were laughing.  we just happen'd to be  right across the street from him  becuase a cycle cop had just asked us if we saw anything!
When he said "get back or get bit"" he was 20 yrds away and mad! i  dont balme him for being a lil  pissed, but hey ive taken a fall at work in front of ppl and laughed it  off.  i also  dont take it out on the ppl around me or folks during my call outs!

Becuase he's still just a dog, everyone needs to be behind the handler, including the other officers, or safely indoors before the dog is released with a search and bite command.

as i said we were well  ahead and  off to his right before he told us that. i know that we shouldnt walk up and say hey nice dog.  he also was just doing a walk thru, the area he was walking by is the same sidewalk that 6 cycles had just drove thru  to search.   we all did back away into the door way of our shop, and stayed there to after he walked by. then  we went back to work as normal. The residents tho,, well they still sat outside drinkin their naty lite ice and saying stuff  about the LEO's.

As for haveing a bad  day,,yeah i had one, the day before and that same day,,, real fun digging out a sewer clean out for a building has folks that refuse to flush except once a day cuase they feel they are saving money (water sewer cost) even tho they dont pay it!Then having  to work 2 hours over time to do it, and go home with wet boots cause sewer h20 and shit splashed up and into them

this wasnt meant as a LEO bash just a funny story about a guy that fell and got mad about it. Granted it was funny as hell to see, guy in OD bdu's tact vest,, yelling at his dog to stay,, while  rolling around in the dirt tangled in his leash!  sorry its funny...plain and simple.if it was me.. id prolly be laughing about it  also!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#24]
What happens if you have milk bones or dog biscuits with you? It's in the nature of a dog to enjoy these things, even with the brainwashing and training, I'd think even a K9 dog would probably munch on one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top