Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/11/2005 6:45:08 PM EST
Any of you guys know of a forum just for LEOs that is "secured" as in some sort of verification of LE status?

Nacho Grassyass!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:10:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By FiveO:
Any of you guys know of a forum just for LEOs that is "secured" as in some sort of verification of LE status?

Nacho Grassyass!

Tactical Forums has a LEO forum. You have to submit proof before you will be approved.
The only downside is that that particular forum isn't heavily used. But of course, on TF, you don't have nearly as many wannabes & cop basher crybabies as there are here in GD. But the whole site isn't as loose about topics as the Member's forum or GD are here either.....Good info site, not much funning.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:02 PM EST
Officer.com is a good site, but it is not just for LE.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:04:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 10:07:17 PM EST by Gunslinger808]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:17:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:24:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 11:30:46 AM EST by NorCal_LEO]
Both

CopsOnline

and

Real Police

have secure boards for info trading and tactical discussions, etc. Both require proof of ID and a contact number. Copsonline has been around forever and is my favorite LEO site. Very well done.

NorCal
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:55:50 PM EST
Lightfighter has a military and SWAT board, but you have to show military or tactical team credential's to get in. Regular beat cops need not apply. Dispite the fact that the rest of the board is open, i have not run across cop bashers often (very rare and they don't last long.)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:05:21 AM EST
Try

http://www.calibrepress.com

or

http://www.policeone.com

Both require verification. Calibrepress also has a section where you can read all of their past and current "newsline" officer safety news letters.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:21:39 AM EST
alacop.com
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:04:24 PM EST
Thanks guys! I'm gonna check some of those out!

You know, people give us a bad rap saying we hang together because we hate everyone... Based on what I see here it is because most seem to hate us.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:22:22 PM EST
Real Police. A Secure LEO only section. International membership, even women that are really women. Good firearms discussions, including class 3. Trolls die a swift and agonizing death. I spend far more time there than here these days. Also good links to discounted equipment and research tools.

Ironically, I found the site because of one of the Arfcom cop bashers posted a thread about trolling them.

(SorryOfficer was arguing with the 16 year olds in the Police Explorer section, and they ate him for lunch.)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:37:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By NCCop:

Originally Posted By FiveO:

Nacho Grassyass!

Tactical Forums has a LEO forum.

Lightfighter too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:40:21 PM EST
I have lurked in Real Police's firearms and ask a cop forums before, just for funny stuff like this. Hell, if I asked this here, you guys would probably post pics of your rifle to go with the explanation

#1 Yesterday, 09:32 PM
typeass
Junior Member Join Date: February 21st, 2005

Special Weapons
For officers that are on SWAT, are they allowed to carry their special weapons in the trunk of the patrol car? I've seen an officer use a M4 while all the other officers had their pistol or shotgun when they were dealing with a dangerous suspect in a house. I assumed that the officer with the M4 was a SWAT officer but he was not geared up since the police force did not request for SWAT to respond.

typeass

#2 Yesterday, 11:38 PM
fetom
Uphold The Right Verified LEO

Operational Security forbids any response to this question.

fetom

#3 Today, 12:33 AM
mcsap
102/62 48 bpm Moderator
Supporting Member L2
Verified LEO

What Fetom said. Thread closed.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:08:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I have lurked in Real Police's firearms and ask a cop forums before, just for funny stuff like this. Hell, if I asked this here, you guys would probably post pics of your rifle to go with the explanation

#1 Yesterday, 09:32 PM
typeass
Junior Member Join Date: February 21st, 2005

Special Weapons
For officers that are on SWAT, are they allowed to carry their special weapons in the trunk of the patrol car? I've seen an officer use a M4 while all the other officers had their pistol or shotgun when they were dealing with a dangerous suspect in a house. I assumed that the officer with the M4 was a SWAT officer but he was not geared up since the police force did not request for SWAT to respond.

typeass

#2 Yesterday, 11:38 PM
fetom
Uphold The Right Verified LEO

Operational Security forbids any response to this question.

fetom

#3 Today, 12:33 AM
mcsap
102/62 48 bpm Moderator
Supporting Member L2
Verified LEO

What Fetom said. Thread closed.

Not really a good example, Typeass was ID'd as a troll before this post, and was being treated as such. I believe he's been banned already. Most of the newbie posts in "Ask a cop" are trolls in any case.

Take a look at the GD forum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:42:50 PM EST
Go look at the rest of typeass's forums. Real Police is one of the least troll tolerant police sites there is. I guess that is good or bad depending on your perspective.

They also have a pretty secure law enforcement only section where most of the good discussions go on anyway. Here, it may be a police officer talking to you, or it may be some felon sitting at home with an ankle bracelet on who has nowhere to go.
Top Top