Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:16:03 AM EDT
I THINK SINCE THE SUNSET OF THE BAN, LEO MAGAZINES CAN BE TRADED LEGALLY BUT WHAT ABOUT LEO RIFLES AND SUCH, PROVIDED THEY ARE NOT SBR'S OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE? CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION? THANKS A BUNCH.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:12:58 PM EDT
In all but ~11 states where the AWB lives on in infamy, the LE/Mil marked mags and guns can be freely purchased/owned/shot as long as they comply with other laws.

Places like MA, CA, NJ, etc. have a permanent ban on "no ban" or LE/Mil marked guns/mags. Note: At least in MA, if you take a LE/Mil marked gun and modify it to "post ban" config, then it would be legal. However most LEOs would probably not know this and thus the gun would be subject to confiscation and you'd be subject to arrest until they sorted it all out. Bad part is an arrest record in MA is "for life", even in wrong party arrests they NEVER expunge the arrest record and your prints/mug shot/probably DNA are kept on file forever. And an arrest of any sort is legitimate grounds for lifetime denial of your permit needed to own/buy/use firearms. . .not a good thing (our chiefs have 100% discretion on "suitability" and many find anyone that has been arrested for any reason "unsuitable").

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:21:03 PM EDT
Yes. No. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:27:12 PM EDT
THEY ARE LEGAL TO OWN, AS LONG AS YOU TYPE IN ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:32:12 PM EDT
IIRC, you could own a rifle with LEO markings on it during the ban, as long as the rifle's configuration didn't violate any laws. (FS, BL, etc..)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:46:50 AM EDT
THANKS FOR THE INFO!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:42 PM EDT
Will they (LEO marked) be more valuable one day?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:58:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 301toSRT:
Will they (LEO marked) be more valuable one day?

If Colt ever stops marking them LEO, then the value will increase about 15-25% on the LEO marked ones. The concensus is that the LEO markings are more of a CYA / PC move, so I think they will probably continue with the markings for quite some time.
Top Top