Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:23:36 PM EST
I POSTED THIS IN THE LEGAL SECTION BUT I WANT A SEE WHAT U BLOKES SAY

HI ALL
I have a 2 ar type rifles one was a pre ban bushy( i know the awb is over),one was a post ban .Now my question is this, around 2 or so years ago I & everyone else in ca had to re-register these guns as assault weapon with the state of ca.Now that the ban is over can I put the evil fs bayo lug on the post ban CA Assault rilfe . thanks for any info . will
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:26:27 PM EST
I think we can now install tele-stocks and flash suppressors and bayo lugs. Only thing we CANNOT put on them is covered by SB23... a 30 round mag... actually anything over 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:28:25 PM EST
I feel sorry for you guys in CA.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:29:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By IRONWILL:

HI ALL
I have a 2 ar type rifles one was a pre ban bushy( i know the awb is over),one was a post ban .Now my question is this, around 2 or so years ago I & everyone else in ca had to re-register these guns as assault weapon with the state of ca.Now that the ban is over can I put the evil fs bayo lug on the post ban CA Assault rilfe . thanks for any info . will

Are you kidding / ing?
SB23, from 1989, and its amendments both pre-dated and exceeds the restrictions in the Federal AWB, AND IS STILL IN EFFECT. The AWB Expiration in CA means NOTHING for CA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:54:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 2:08:45 PM EST by IRONWILL]
just asking a question, if the rifle is a CA registered assault weapon,registered with the state of ca , and the fact the awb is no longer in place should i not be able to change out my ca registered post ban assault weapon to have the same items as my pre ban ca registered assult rifle ?????

please understand i'm not asking to buy a new rilfe. i'm talking about guns i have had for years and are lawfully registered assault weapons with the ca doj
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:54:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By rayra:

Originally Posted By IRONWILL:

HI ALL

Are you kidding / ing?
SB23, from 1989, and its amendments both pre-dated and exceeds the restrictions in the Federal AWB, AND IS STILL IN EFFECT. The AWB Expiration in CA means NOTHING for CA.

NO. SB23 was in 1999. Therefore DOES NOT pre-date the Fed AWB. SB23 named rifles. IIRC it makes NO mention of Telestocks, FS and Bayo lugs. Calibrate me if I have mis-spoke.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:17:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By DrFrige:
I think we can now install tele-stocks and flash suppressors and bayo lugs. Only thing we CANNOT put on them is covered by SB23... a 30 round mag... actually anything over 10 rounds.

Sure you can. It is not illegal to put a legal 30 round magazine in a legally registered "assault rifle" in California. If you had the magazine before the ban, you can still use them as you please.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:34:58 PM EST
thanks guys i thought i was right on this one
Top Top