Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 2:12:19 PM EDT
Prices with monitors keep dropping, I got a 19 in LCD but thinking with "7" now you can snap 2 pages on a larger screen. Will moving up in size cause any discomfort, as in does the screen have to move back to not keep panning your head back and forth? Is a bigger screen worth it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I just hooked up a 25inch an hour ago.  You can get a big monitor to close to view comfortably. Go to store first and check out how far your eyes will be under normal conditions from monitor. Big monitor too close = not good, esp if you are older and can't see well close up May be OK for a younger guy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I am about 2 feet away from a 19 inch, I figure it will be a little further back if I go bigger.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just hooked up a 25inch an hour ago.  You can get a big monitor to close to view comfortably. Go to store first and check out how far your eyes will be under normal conditions from monitor. Big monitor too close = not good, esp if you are older and can't see well close up May be OK for a younger guy.
Is it further back than your older screen?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a 30 and 24" dell monitors all day long and have been for the past 4 years. no problem
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
i have a 22" sitting on my desk. It is perfect. I would say its about 2ft from my eyeballs
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it further back than your older screen?

Yes, I needed to set it back aboput 4-6 inches farther. Us old guys can't see close up. Stuff is in focus better at about 3 feet.  The good news is that is about how far the front site on an AR and 1911 is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top