Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2001 8:15:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
M193 is the nomenclature for 55gr. FMJ. I assume you are referring to the 62gr. SS109/M885?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Those clips on the shoulder pads were for either carrying the assbag up high, or the sleeping bag using the old "sphagetti strap" harness, or the later PLCE setup(Looks like a sheet of nylon, with two straps)..

Doing either requires you find the buttpack adaptor, attach a set of snap hooks, or find the sleepingbag carriers..I've only seen the old canvas stuff turning up..

As to what to carry in the pack, that's dependent on what you are told, or prefer to carry.. A couple MRE's, and a change of socks is a start..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The clips on the back are to attach the top part of the butt pack to. The ones on the front can be used to hook a first aid dressing, flashlight, emergency strobe, or use your imagination. Just remember to put it on your nonfiring side as it will interfere with the  buttstock in your shoulder. Good Luck and if you get a chance, pick up the Load Bearing Vest instead. Its alot better.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The D-Rings are for REMFs to attach their snazzy "Ranger Beads".  [BD]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
iNuhBaDNayburhood-
what condition are these suspenders in?
are they nylon?
is there a date on them? ex: DSA100-[b]70[/b]-C-1619 = [b]1970[/b]
do they have- SUSPENDERS, FIELD PACK, COMBAT, M-1967 -on them?
are the D-rings, D-shaped, and not rectangular?
just above the D-rings, are the horizontal "grenade loops" found on ALICE suspenders missing?
the clips on the back should be the same style as the ones that attach them to the belt. for a total of 6 clips.

if so, you may have a set of m-1967 suspenders. [b]i will buy them and/or trade you for a nice set of alice suspenders.[/b] ALICE suspenders should not have the clips on the back for the butt pack.
let me know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, does anybody know of a good site to buy IMI M193? Green Tip ammo...  I used all of mine up, and I'm dying for some more.  That stuff sure makes a disc-brake look like swiss cheese!  When I showed my brother he freaked out (He's an LEO), because his Kevlar only has Level III protection, not IIIA, and I'm fairly certain this would also go through IIIA, wouldn't it?  Regardless, it's fun watching this stuff chew through old junkyard cars, etc...
View Quote

Most likely, but don't shoot his vest.  He'd be pissed.  They're not cheap, and it's not a good idea to wear one that's got holes in it.   [:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
black! oh crud, you had me all excited.

i have been searching for the elusive m-1967 suspenders for some time.

enjoy them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top