Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 3:53:32 PM EDT
I just saw a LA Air National Gard member standing in the streets of New Orleans with an A2 with his finger on the trigger. I'm glad to see competance has finally arrived.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
On Fox News, I'm not actually there. If I were, I would have to lecture that fine soldier in the basics of firearme safety while standing in a crowd of people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just saw a LA Air National Gard member standing in the streets of New Orleans with an A2 with his finger on the trigger. I'm glad to see competance has finally arrived.

Did he have a mag in the well?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a Lt being intereviewed with a 20 round mag
didn't notice his trigger finger but the muzzle was pointed up at an angle instead of at the ground
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did he have a mag in the well?

Yep and it soesn't really matter. If he is doing it with no mag, he will do it with a mag. Definately a mag locked in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On Fox News, I'm not actually there. If I were, I would have to lecture that fine Soldier Airman in the basics of firearme safety while standing in a crowd of people.

Fixed a slight oversight for ya.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On Fox News, I'm not actually there. If I were, I would have to lecture that fine soldier in the basics of firearme safety while standing in a crowd of people.

He is "actually there."  Your fat ass is parked in your living room munching Cheetos and critiquing somebody that isn't a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Muzzle discipline was NOT stressed in the AF.  It's shameful.  I remember seeing my fellow AF Security Police, who drew a basic load and a rifle every day they went to work, sitting at gate shacks with their chins resting on the muzzle.  Marines and Army would stare, aghast.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The AF policy is rifle held / carried at port arms " aka Muzzle up ". It's a stupid policy because any AD-ND will be a head shot instead of a leg wound . Bitch about the trigger finger all you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top