Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 2:52:07 PM EDT
Which holds up better? I need to cover up a shiny blue mixed with surface rust Mossberg 500 barrel. I want to go cheap, so no Cerakote, Duracoat, etc.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Rustoleum works better on metal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used both and haven't noticed a difference between them in terms of durability.  I always spray a coat or two of flat clear over them and they hold up well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aervo.

Love this stuff

View Quote

Thanks, but unless I can go down to the local WallyWorld/Home Depot/Loew's, and get it after work I'm not interested. I have heard good things about Aervoe, however.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks, but unless I can go down to the local WallyWorld/Home Depot/Loew's, and get it after work I'm not interested. I have heard good things about Aervoe, however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aervo.

Love this stuff

Fair enough.

I'm pretty much just the opposite... if I can't order it from my computer and have it handed to me without having to put up with retail store customers I'm not interested.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Local Wally World only carries Rustoleum camo, no Krylon

LCW (aka Duracoat) is local to me... Still haven't gotten anything coated in it... Why would I when there is Cerakote!!! lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aervo.

Love this stuff

That pretty much locks you into rustoleum for camo paints at least in my neck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used both. Both are generally fine. I think Wal-Mart has Rustoleum and Home Depot carries Krylon.

I used many different colors of Rustoleum on a 20" rifle that is amazingly durable for cheap rattle can.
I got some new cans of the stuff last year and they wouldn't stick for shit. Rubs off so easily I had to strip it, lest I get handfuls of color when I handle the gun.
No clue why it was do dramatically different. Same surface prep and everything.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fair enough.

I'm pretty much just the opposite... if I can't order it from my computer and have it handed to me without having to put up with retail store customers I'm not interested.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aervo.

Love this stuff

Fair enough.

Getting groceries must be a an interesting experience for you then.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Getting groceries must be a an interesting experience for you then.
View Quote

Amazon Prime and Prime Pantry fucking rules.  My UPS guy isn't a fan though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top