Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:42:54 PM EDT
I found these in a local Asian grocery store I'd never been to before. Holy cow, I've never smelled such amazing grapes before in my entire life. They have an INTENSE smell exactly like grape juice or grape drink. You can smell them from many feet away.
They taste like gummy bears mixed with wine.
Freaking awesome

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Grandfather used those for making wine.
You eat those by either peeling the skin before eating, don't forget to spit out the seeds. Or you can suck them out of the skin spitting out both skin and seeds after.
Great for after dinner TV snacking!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't trust something that was picked and sat on a boat for a period of time. Its probably loaded with different chemicals in order to save taste and what not.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was at a Korean market a few hours ago, and looked at those.

I was too cheap to buy them.  

You need to buy them.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wouldn't trust something that was picked and sat on a boat for a period of time. Its probably loaded with different chemicals in order to save taste and what not.

MOST of your vegetables and fruits are shipped to the US. Unless you're living off of cereal from the midwest, most of what you eat is  probably foreign.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was in Korea in the mid 1970s.  I had some wine that tasted exactly like Grape Nehi!  You would not know from taste it had any alcohol.  I had some at a birthday for one of the guys in my unit... I remember the first half of the party!

It must have been made from those grapes!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When I was in Korea in the mid 1970s.  I had some wine that tasted exactly like Grape Nehi!  You would not know from taste it had any alcohol.  I had some at a birthday for one of the guys in my unit... I remember the first half of the party!

It must have been made from those grapes!!!

There are a lot of Korean wines which will MESS YOU UP because they have just as much alchol as Soju.
There is this... I think it's a Korean raspberry which is made into a wine... It's got 45% alcohol by volume and you can't tell.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top