Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:02:15 AM EDT
WTF are you people talking about?

Woody
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:03:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 8:03:49 AM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]
An American cult in South America in the 70's...they all committed suicide by drinking Kool Aid...The ones who didn't were shot to death.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:58 AM EDT
Google Jonestown
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
Referring to those that tow a specific party line and don't deviate, even when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The Kool Aid is a reference to Jim Jones and his influence to get a large mass of people to drink tainted/poisoned Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:27:36 AM EDT
Okay, that's what I was afraid was being referenced. Sadly, it's inaccurate for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost... IT WAS NOT KOOL AID, it was actually FLAVORAID

Second, as someone sort of mentioned above, it wasn't exactly voluntary for a good percentage of the people. Many were forced to drink it by Jones' group of enforcers (for lack of a politically correct term, that's exactly what they were). Others, such as INFANTS had the poisoned Flavoraid sprayed down their throats with syringes.

Yeah, I did a research paper many moons ago on Jim Jones and the Peoples' Temple. I was just hoping the Kool Aid stuff was a reference to something else.

Woody
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:28:19 AM EDT
Jim Jones.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:41:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WWoodworth:
Okay, that's what I was afraid was being referenced. Sadly, it's inaccurate for a couple of reasons.

Second, as someone sort of mentioned above, it wasn't exactly voluntary for a good percentage of the people. Many were forced to drink it by Jones' group of enforcers (for lack of a politically correct term, that's exactly what they were). Others, such as INFANTS had the poisoned Flavoraid sprayed down their throats with syringes.

Yeah, I did a research paper many moons ago on Jim Jones and the Peoples' Temple. I was just hoping the Kool Aid stuff was a reference to something else.

Woody

None of that really matters.

The fact is that it is pretty commonly accepted term for blind faith.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:01:03 AM EDT
Yeah it was pretty sad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:07:02 AM EDT

WTF is wrong with Kool-Aid ?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:12:42 AM EDT
I'm sick of the koolaid and 87 references.

But I thought I read once that they had several practice runs on the drining the koo...flavoraid deal.

The last one was for real though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:16:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

But I thought I read once that they had several practice runs on the drining the koo...flavoraid deal.

Oh just go stick it in her...... Wait we are not allowed to use that one either
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:20:06 AM EDT

Woody

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:00 AM EDT
Man, this post makes me feel old.....and thirsty.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:11:57 AM EDT
I thought it was the whole Hail Bop comet thing?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:20:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

They had 87 practice runs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:21:52 AM EDT

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
Yo pass the Glock Kool Aid.

FO SHO!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:25:40 AM EDT
Ok what is the 87 thing about?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 4:34:36 PM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]

Originally Posted By ballisticbill:
I thought it was the whole Hail Bop comet thing?

Heavens Gate and Nike....

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:36:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By buzgun:
i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/buzgn/jones.jpg
WTF is wrong with Kool-Aid ?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:46:54 PM EDT
Don't pay attention to them...
The KoolAid drinkers and those referencing +87 have nothing better to do!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:55:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WAMJR:

some guy named markm gives the number 87 as an answer for any number related question while saying things should be banned. Make thousands of posts like this and the arfcom cool-bees chant it and raise him to diety status.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:00:35 PM EDT

Woody

That's what they want you to think... just keep on drinking that Kool Aid...

<­BR>
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:56:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 20iner:

some guy named markm gives the number 87 as an answer for any number related question while saying things should be banned. Make thousands of posts like this and the arfcom cool-bees chant it and raise him to diety status.

You are only 87% correct.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:04:47 PM EDT
OH YEAH!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:40:38 PM EDT
i thought the kool aid thing was geared towards the blind faith of Colt fanatics....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:42:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

Originally Posted By 20iner:

You are only 87% correct.

At least I passed with a solid B
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:48:53 PM EDT
Tang would have given them a healthy dose of vitamin C.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:49:31 PM EDT

Learn some History.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:52:41 PM EDT
Any of you see the movie with Powers Boothe as Jim Jones. That shit was like lone ranger heavy man.......
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
An American cult in South America in the 70's...they all committed suicide by drinking Kool Aid...The ones who didn't were shot to death.

The Rev (alleged) Jim Jones and Jonestown in Guyana. Knowingly drank poisoned Kool Aid. Mothers fed it to their kids.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By christ0ph:
i thought the kool aid thing was geared towards the blind faith of Colt fanatics....

that's the whole idea. to call someone a kool aid drinker implies that they will blindly praise their brand of choice, even in the face of destruction (drinking poision kool aid)

not just colt owners. there are a lot of other STRONG kool aids being consumed around here, usually revolving around the 1911/Glock argument (they can go to hell. i'm a beretta man)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:39:30 PM EDT
all of you can go to hell I'm an XD man! ahahahah
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:20:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Learn some History.

Learn to read my posts.
Top Top