Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:26:07 AM EST
Did anyone else read Knox this week that only 18% of the nation wants to see the AWB sunset?

Wow, that is a smaller minority than I expected. It really makes me feel powerful if we can get the sunset with such little suport.

I guess VPC is right, the NRA and us do have a lot of pull.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 7:30:39 AM EST by ANGST]

Originally Posted By SS109:
Did anyone else read Knox this week that only 18% of the nation wants to see the AWB sunset?

Wow, that is a smaller minority than I expected. It really makes me feel powerful if we can get the sunset with such little suport.

I guess VPC is right, the NRA and us do have a lot of pull.



And only about 5% of the nation probably knows what the AWB actually does.

edit: hell probably less
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:30:33 AM EST
Does the article list how many don't care? You can have 18% that know what it is and want to see it sunset while having 82% that don't know what it is and don't care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:34:01 AM EST
More creative statistics from the media. Even if it were true, which I doubt, 18% is a huge swing vote.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:41:14 AM EST
In a close election, why PO 18% of the voters with anything? To be sure, this 18% will ALL be pulling a voting lever this November. The other 82% will probably not change their vote based on this issue.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:44:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 7:49:08 AM EST by EricTheHun]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:47:19 AM EST
18%? That can make or break an election. Ask Al Gore, what percentage of the votes seperated the winner and the looser, and the actual number. When anyone says "my vote doesn't count," tell that person what does Al Gore think about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:50:45 AM EST
74% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:05:52 AM EST
80% of the general public thinks the the AWB bans machine guns. When you explain what the bill really bans, they say, "That's stupid."

Of the ones that understand what the AWB really does, and still support it, they are against ALL private gun ownership, but surprisingly, support guns in the hands of military and police. Further questioning will reveal they also support curtailing individual freedom in many other ways.
Top Top