Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 9:23:28 AM EDT
My Grandmother is an avid golfer.  I, on the other hand, thought until recently that a "sand wedge" was a snack you eat after the 9th hole.

Anyway, I can't think of a thing to get her for Christmas, so I decided to get her some NICE golf balls.  She's on a limited budget, so I know she never buys the really nice ones she probably wants.

I need recommendations.  What's the best (or top 10) golf balls for a woman?  I notice that Precept sells some specifically for women.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Brou,

Good on you for thinking of your G-ma!

Titleist makes the best balls on the planet, the Pro-V series. I would think that she would like the star or x type as they have a softer feel for a person with a slower swing speed, bu they still have good distance and best of all they have a lowered spin for straighter flight.

A box, 12 balls, will run you anywhere from $39-$50.

For similar money, you could get her a great Cleveland Wedge (multiple angles and finishes) or for a bit more ($150+/-), you should get her a push-cart for her clubs. This cart would give her the exercise of walking 9 or 18 holes while not having to carry the heavy golf bag.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The Precept Lady is a pretty good ball and half the price of the Titleists. Even some of the men's tour players are using it as well. Look in her golf bag and see what she's playing now. Or you could get her a gift certificate at her favorite course. She could use it for balls, greens fees, or whatever she wants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top