Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 5:03:02 PM EDT
Tell them your moving to an area with no service. I was shocked when they said they were waiving the $150 cancellation fee...... w00t!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same thing happen to me with AT&T.  Moved to an area without service....and I didn't have to lie about it.  Nearly three months later, they still haven't gotten a correct final bill to me.  

I moved to an area with poor T-Mobile service about a year and a half ago.  I changed to AT&T for better service but T-Mobile wouldn't forgive the cancellation feas.  Guess what I did.  I paid them since my name was on the contract.  The stupid part on T-Mobile's part was that I told them I would pay them the equivalent of the monthly fee until the bill was paid off.  Even though I did that, they turned it over to collection.  I paid the collection agency the same $70/month.  I made sure the entire bill was paid before the anniversary date.  I didn't like it.

Sometimes, being an adult means you do unpleasant things you don't  think you should have to in order to square up a business deal that goes poorly.  Adults don't lie to get out of a proper contract.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i hate sprint they suck.   i will NEVER use their service again
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
See sig.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
See sig.

Never again will I use Sprint. Reception SUCKS!!!!  Im back to Alltel.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

Theres processes in place to extend our reception ranges, quite signifigantly. Long term mind you, it wont happen overnight. Every carrier has areas where reception isnt as goood as a competitor, simple fact of life. I certainly cant fault you for going to the carrier with the best coverage in your area, and would encourage you to do so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

Theres processes in place to extend our reception ranges, quite signifigantly. Long term mind you, it wont happen overnight. Every carrier has areas where reception isnt as goood as a competitor, simple fact of life. I certainly cant fault you for going to the carrier with the best coverage in your area, and would encourage you to do so.

They "fixed" a reception issue once. I had the phone 2 weeks, then reception was gone at my house.... In the span of 30 seconds standing in one spot, it went from, 2 bars>no signal >no service...    Never cold hold a signal. Also, no sig on a major highway, half my trip to work, and IN the city itself. And the fact they screwed up my phone service location the first time, so anyone in my area code who called me on  a land line was long distance, so in order to fix that, I got a new #, had to renew my contract cause I couldnt get the same plan anymore. The only good CS experiance I had was when I cancelled about 2 hours ago. He was nice, quick and good at his job.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

They "fixed" a reception issue once. I had the phone 2 weeks, then reception was gone at my house.... In the span of 30 seconds standing in one spot, it went from, 2 bars>no signal >no service...    Never cold hold a signal. Also, no sig on a major highway, half my trip to work, and IN the city itself. And the fact they screwed up my phone service location the first time, so anyone in my area code who called me on  a land line was long distance, so in order to fix that, I got a new #, had to renew my contract cause I couldnt get the same plan anymore. The only good CS experiance I had was when I cancelled about 2 hours ago. He was nice, quick and good at his job.

Might want to give Nextel a try.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Might want to give Nextel a try.......

IM back to Alltel. I shouldnt have left them the first time. DAMN WOMEN!!!

Best for this area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See sig.

Are you at the headquarters?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I have Nextel, since they started sponsoring NASCAR I haven't seen any improvement in my services, or a decrease in the fees I pay.  What a coincidence.  They spend millions to put their names on the side of non-street legal cars driven by overpaid whiny ass cry-baby drivers who don't anything but turn left.  And now they've been bought out by Sprint.  Woopeee!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

The Campus? Nope.
Although, that may change....Very soon.

In fact, I dont even work in the wireless division. I'm in the wireline. I cant help you with a wireless problem, I have no say in wireless issues (At least customer wise).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

The Campus? Nope.

In fact, I dont even work in the wireless division. I'm in the wireline. I cant help you with a wireless problem, I have no say in wireless issues (At least customer wise).

I'm in Workforce Management at the Oklahoma City Call center on the PCS side...I've got a few friends up at the campus but I've never been up there
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm in Workforce Management at the Oklahoma City Call center on the PCS side...I've got a few friends up at the campus but I've never been up there

Ah ok. I'm in Net Ops supporting the network. I actually just got an offer Friday for a move to a new position out to the campus. Calling them Monday to see what the deal is, and looking forward to it in a HUGE way.

As for the Campus, man its nice. Too big for my taste, I hate fighting traffic and whatnot but it is laid out fairly well for handling the amount of people it has.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah ok. I'm in Net Ops supporting the network. I actually just got an offer Friday for a move to a new position out to the campus. Calling them Monday to see what the deal is, and looking forward to it in a HUGE way.

As for the Campus, man its nice. Too big for my taste, I hate fighting traffic and whatnot but it is laid out fairly well for handling the amount of people it has.

Hope it works out
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Caribou, Maine does not have sprint service only roaming. If they put you on the phone with a supervisor. Your moving into a trailer on your uncles farm.
Sprint blows it big time
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm stuck with them until October.

I hate contracts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Sprint called me up and offered me $100 if I extended my contract with them, I'm currently past my 2 year mark.  I told them no as I plan on switching to Verizon and hope I get better reception.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
See sig.

The Campus? Nope.

great a call center person,,,,tell me how i go about loggin a complaint about horrible customer service.

i changed a personal account to a buissness account for the military discount and i got screwed around by the call center ladies for about 2 weeks trying to get it straightened out, since they put my account in my x wifes name.

one woman actually screamed at me over the phone and called me a liar, telling me i was out of luck cause i couldnt prove who i was.

on the other hand the lady i talked to last night was awesome, very helpfull, finally solved my problem, on my 6th call, even though my picture messaging service is still fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#20]

I've had only good luck with Sprint since 2001.  I get a new phone every couple of years and reception has been good from NW Wisconsin to Phoenix to St. Louis and DFW...A couple of minor issues with customer service but when I smell an idiot I call back 'till I get someone with a clue, like any other call center for tech support or whatever.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
great a call center person,,,,tell me how i go about loggin a complaint about horrible customer service.

i changed a personal account to a buissness account for the military discount and i got screwed around by the call center ladies for about 2 weeks trying to get it straightened out, since they put my account in my x wifes name.

one woman actually screamed at me over the phone and called me a liar, telling me i was out of luck cause i couldnt prove who i was.

on the other hand the lady i talked to last night was awesome, very helpfull, finally solved my problem, on my 6th call, even though my picture messaging service is still fucked up.

If thats the case you should get her name and call back later and ask for a supervisor and file a complaint. There is no excuse for poor customer service.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had no problems at all with Sprint.  In fact, I use their cell phone as my primary phone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Specop_007,

Any bargains you know of? My plan is up to renew in a couple of months?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If thats the case you should get her name and call back later and ask for a supervisor and file a complaint. There is no excuse for poor customer service.

they wouldnt put me thru to a supervisor, i was way pissed, i actually waited 2 days till i called back again just so i wouldnt yell at anyone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they wouldnt put me thru to a supervisor, i was way pissed, i actually waited 2 days till i called back again just so i wouldnt yell at anyone.

Usually when they do put you through to a "supervisor" it's not really a supervisor anyway, it's just another customer service rep that has been there longer.  Oh, and at the end off the call when they ask you if they answered all your questions if you say "yes" that counts as a successful call if they get so many per hour they get bonuses.  So if you get crappy service make sure you say you haven't helped me at all and hang up on them.  From time to time they also get quality checks done on where a supervisor is right there listening in on the call.  By making it obvious that they aren't being helpful they get knocked down in their review big time.  BTW, my girlfriend works at Nextel so I get to hear all about how things work there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#26]
For all of you with Contracts, why dont you buy the phone at retail price?

If you buy at retail price-there is no contract, maybe you should think of that before bitching. You get $200 off a phone, you paid $200 to break the contract. It is FAIR.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
For all of you with Contracts, why dont you buy the phone at retail price?

If you buy at retail price-there is no contract, maybe you should think of that before bitching. You get $200 off a phone, you paid $200 to break the contract. It is FAIR.

EXACTLY. The big problem lies in the fact that the carriers have been subsidizing the price of the handsets since day one so they could get customers to buy them. It's all a sales scam, but since everybody else is doing it, they have to do it. These handsets are not $30 items - they are super-sophisticated telecom radio-computers that can't be made for less than around $200. Americans are just used to seeing those subsidized prices and think they deserve cheap wireless phones.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I had the same thing happen to me with AT&T.  Moved to an area without service....and I didn't have to lie about it.  Nearly three months later, they still haven't gotten a correct final bill to me.  

I moved to an area with poor T-Mobile service about a year and a half ago.  I changed to AT&T for better service but T-Mobile wouldn't forgive the cancellation feas.  Guess what I did.  I paid them since my name was on the contract.  The stupid part on T-Mobile's part was that I told them I would pay them the equivalent of the monthly fee until the bill was paid off.  Even though I did that, they turned it over to collection.  I paid the collection agency the same $70/month.  I made sure the entire bill was paid before the anniversary date.  I didn't like it.

Sometimes, being an adult means you do unpleasant things you don't  think you should have to in order to square up a business deal that goes poorly.  Adults don't lie to get out of a proper contract.

That's not being an adult, that's just flat out retarded.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#30]
 I had some problems with the dual band Sprint phone when I was in a roaming area but when I spend more than a little while in a roam/fringe area I change over to analog only instead of automatic and it works fine for me.  I do spend quite a bit of time in analog areas so I got the unlimited plan for an extra 5 bucks per month.  As far as having a plan, I don't mind a free phone every 2 years and I don't skip around between companies so the contract doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top