Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:17:16 PM EST
www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=129698

2 Officers Shot, Suspect Killed
AP - 6/18/2007 9:47 AM - Updated 6/18/2007 9:48 AM
LAWTON, Okla. (AP) _ A suspect in a drug investigation shot and wounded two officers before he was shot and killed early Monday, authorities said.

An agent with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and an investigator with the Comanche County District Attorney's drug task force were taken to a Lawton hospital with what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries, said Lawton Police Chief Ronnie Smith.

The two agencies, along with Lawton police, were serving a search warrant at a northeast Lawton apartment shortly before 7 a.m. when the suspect opened fire, Smith said.

``When they announced, the guy started shooting at them through the door,'' Smith said.

Officers returned fire, killing the suspect.

One of the officers was shot in the hand and the other was hit in the torso, Smith said.

The identities of the suspect and the officers were not immediately released.

The man who was killed was a suspect in a methamphetamine case, said OBN spokesman Mark Woodward.

Woodward said no one else was inside the apartment during the shooting.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:49:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:56:09 PM EST
darn, I thought only suspects were shot during no-knock warrants. Anyway, this proves why no-knock warrants have their place, as long as they get the right address, which is 99.99+% of the time.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:31:49 PM EST
Glad to hear that it all came out well..it could have been alot worse...
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:42:49 AM EST
Post this in GD and watch the troll frenzy
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:09:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By 762DM:

Hold my beer and watch this.

I'm not stoopid (well you can argue that one)
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:27:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By 762DM:

It'll be like being attacked by rabid chickens.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:43:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
darn, I thought only suspects were shot during no-knock warrants. Anyway, this proves why no-knock warrants have their place, as long as they get the right address, which is 99.99+% of the time.

+1

Of course some one will come along and try to say the suspect thought who ever was yelling "Police, search warrant" was really a fake trying to rob him...... The story will get twisted, just give it time...
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:21:06 AM EST
Saw the condo on the news today at noon and it looked pretty nice from the outside. They said the target had surveillance cameras and knew when they arrived.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 2:54:33 PM EST
I am glad none of the good guys were killed. Can't believe the bad guy would start shooting like that though.
Top Top