Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 6:45:20 AM EDT
gizmodo.com/5027010/wasp-knife-will-freeze-and-blow-up-your-organs

File this under "Shit that would be cool if it actually worked", and "Gratuitious", possibly under "Ineffective and heavy"

British Police have recently added it to thier watch list supposedly. There is a video at the link.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok.... a co2 powered knife
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]

<sigh>

Whatever cooling there is would be trivial and would in no way freeze anything.

Most tissues are elastic.  Those that are not don't do well when shoving a large knife in the anyway.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow.
So, as long as you can stab the target and hold them long enough to inject the "basketball-sized" sphere of gas... they'll break open and yield their juicy, seedless insides?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Not only that, but terrorists have one that is made of a ceramic material that is not detectable by airport security.  Once aboard an aircraft, it can be used to poke a hole in a window, which will cause rapid decompression and all the passengers will be sucked out the window and the plane will crash, killing millions of children.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
This sounds like a Farid idea.

(Many of you will not get this reference.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not only that, but terrorists have one that is made of a ceramic material that is not detectable by airport security.  Once aboard an aircraft, it can be used to poke a hole in a window, which will cause rapid decompression and all the passengers will be sucked out the window and the plane will crash, killing millions of children.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This sounds like a Farid idea.

(Many of you will not get this reference.)

T-9000 to the rescue!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I need one
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

T-9000 to the rescue!

I met him at Blade many years ago and had to do business with him once. What a tool he is. He has some weird ideas on what a knife should be.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

Well MythBusters says It doesn't work that way !
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#14]
who has time to hold it in the person...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-9000 to the rescue!

I met him at Blade many years ago and had to do business with him once. What a tool he is. He has some weird ideas on what a knife should be.

Good God why did I google Farid knives
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally I'd rather have the molten lava squirter version.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-9000 to the rescue!

Are we talking about the guy in GD who said he wouldn't trust his life to a knife that cost less than $2,000?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#18]
It doen't look like it would work ona Zombie soI don't think it would be practical.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-9000 to the rescue!

Are we talking about the guy in GD who said he wouldn't trust his life to a knife that cost less than $2,000?

That was killswitch IIRC  Either that, or he intended to buy a $2000 knife.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-9000 to the rescue!

no, that was the LDS attn whore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#21]
This knife is designed to kill sharks underwater.  If you're a diver and you get attacked supposedly releasing all of the CO2 into the shark will kill or disable it a lot faster than stabbing it alone.

This was posted in some kind of shark-related thread last year.

ETA:
Apparently they have since started marketing it as a "tactical" knife for "Special Op's":

www.waspknife.com/military.php
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm not worried. We just have to put the plane on a treadmill to prevent takeoff and save millions of people.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I heard it's called a Glock 7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top