Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 6:55:07 PM EDT
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAO2YKAJOC.html

I will never shop at K-Mart again, for anything. I hope you all do the same. Don't feed your enemies. And don't forget for one second that that is exactly what they are. They are cowards who will buckle to that fat slob Moore (who I might add hasn't had a career for...oh, wait, he never really had one) and turn their back on the Second Amendment. Once again, I believe a business has severely overestimated the dicipline and resolve of the anti-rights crowd and seriously underestimated lovers of the Constitution. I honestly doubt one Rosie O'Donnell clone more will shop at K-Mart because of this.

I know at least one freedom loving man who will never set foot in there again.

Who's with me?

Oh, and I don't know when this idiotic limit on characters was introduced, but it's ridiculous. I have been frequenting this board for over 3 years, although quite a bit less since the transition to the "new and improved" site, and I fondly remember long winded philosophical arguments between members, with footnotes, citings, the works. I guess it's all about soundbytes now. I was going to post the article to save someone a click, but I guess that's just not cricket anymore.

Kmart to Phase Out Sale of Handgun Ammunition
By Bree Fowler Associated Press Writer
Published: Jun 28, 2001

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't surprise me.
Last time I was in Kmart they only had 1 mossberg 500 and two ruger 22's, a little bit of over-priced ammo and some earplugs.

Anyway, Kmart has been slowly going out of business for the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Good, it will help out the mom & pop shops who need our business. I have noticed, the bigger the company, the more liberal they are.

K-Mart is trying to make a comeback and now they have pissed off a good percentage of their customer base.

If I can't get ammo there, guess I will get my camping, hunting, and other supplies elsewhere.

I quit Target years ago too, saved me a lot of money.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAO2YKAJOC.html

Kmart to Phase Out Sale of Handgun Ammunition
By Bree Fowler Associated Press Writer
Published: Jun 28, 2001  
View Quote

Okay, Vass, I hadn't heard, since I was out all day.  Is this a nation wide thing with K-Mart, or is it local in your area.  Who is Moore, or am I forgetting something?   I have no trouble joining you in your boycott, I would just add it to the list of other anti's.  Need a little more info here.  [frag]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
They were getting rid of rifle ammo the last time I went in there... selling ammo at cost to get rid of it all.
The One in Jonesboro Ga
Needless to say I won't step in t here again, but i did get some good deals
-Chuck
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Who cares! You should be supporting your closest gun store anyway. If that's too far away, try [url]www.ammoman.com[/url]

I guarantee that KMart already came to this conclusion, and is using this as a publicity stunt for themselves. Moore (asshole) did day that "he was stunned by the decision". Not even Kmart would cave that easy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Always did like my local Wal-Mart more than K-Mart anyway.

And here's a clickable link for those who don't take the time to copy/paste to your browser window.

[url]http://ap.tbo/ap/breaking/MGAO2YKAJOC.html[/url]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
KMart is like a gutless politician, they stick their finger in the air to see which way the whinners are blowing hot air. Since they hired rosie O Dognuts I haven't step foot in kmart, and that will continue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Considering that everytine I have ever gone into a K-Mart, the only shoppers there were members of the demographic responsible for 76% of all gun related homocide, I can't really blame them.

Attention K-Mart shoppers!
We have a blue-light special on Baggy Pants, Pigs Feet, and .25ACP

Really, I went in there 3 months ago to get some crack from one of the cashiers, and decided to get some 9MM too.
I noticed that there was no more handgun ammo.
I asked to speak to a manager....
I IMPLICITLY asked him if they had intentionially quit selling handgun ammo...
He said they were phasing out ALL gun sales.
I can't blame them for that. That is there decision. They can't be [i]forced[/i] to sell gun shit. Now, if they had just cut out on the handgun ammo, that would be a different ballgame. That would be a political statement.
Not a buisness one.

Besides. What fucking loser shops at K-Mart anyway???
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/ggrape.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
[url][email protected][/url]

Tell them about the million of gun owners that will no longer be shopping there(even though few of us have). Be polite, profesional and punctual.

I see them headed towards that blue light of bankruptcy thanks to that bufoon Moore. Total loser doesn't even begin to describe him.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Considering that everytine I have ever gone into a K-Mart, the only shoppers there were members of the demographic responsible for 76% of all gun related homocide, I can't really blame them.

View Quote

I hear you, man. I haven't shopped in a Kmart but twice in the last 6 years. Both times it was like a smelly trashy zoo inside. All the shoppers looked like bums and all the employees stood around chit-chating, doing their nails, or generally not doing their job. I don't know how they've stayed in business. Oh, well, at least they keep a portion of the garbage from blowing in the walmart door, even though walmart is just generally filled with a different shade of $hit.

So Fu©k 'em All!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Ever try to stop at KMART when your in a hurry and need some ammo or bait? Its like walking into hell and standing around waiting for some guy they probally page at home and have walk into work to open that stupid little case with his key. I wont miss those lapses in a timewarp at all!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]
                       [img]http://www.unc.edu/courses/jomc191/mirrors/ksucks1/ksucks.gif [/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I quit going to Kfart a long time ago. I think they find the slowest and dumbest cashiers in the world. Then on top of that they only open 2 registers. In the time you wait in line at the register, You could of placed an order on the internet to ammoman and had it delivered.

Six
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Kmart sucks.  They have been in financial doo doo for a long time.  Their world offices were down the street from where I grew up.  They days when they were reputable is long gone. They are kissing anyones ass to make a buck and save their collective skins.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm with [b]Vass[/b].  I will not spend another dime at K-Mart.  Perhaps Wal-Mart can use my money more.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Support Your Local Gunstore!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll hit the local Kmart, buy up what cheap ammo they have, then do all my business at my local gunnut shop.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the link. I've been looking for that all night, ever since I happened by a tv news show and they mentioned it. Now I can go to bed and dream of a perfect world - Frontsight's new community with free safari's and uzi's![uzi] I sent an e-mail off to Kmart via:   [url][email protected][/url]
You can call them at: 1-866-562-7848, or write to:
Frank O. Jones
Kmart Corporation
DVP Consumer Insights
P.O.Box 417
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035

Whether or not you like/shop  at Kmart, send them a note just to put the pressure on from the other side-our side! S&W felt the effects, let's do it to every business we can.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I shopped there 8 times in the last 20 years. I remember the place as being dirty, the service being extremely slow, and the selection was poor and low-scale. I guess that's the demographic they're after. Since Walmart and Costco have been around, I haven't set foot in K-mart. Anyway, if that's their stance, fine. I had no plans to shop there anyway. In fact, for the past couple of years I've purchased all my ammo on-line, so it doesn't matter to me.

K-mart has the right to choose what merchandise they carry and we have the right to shop at places that have our interests in mind. If they want to tie a noose around their own necks, then so be it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#25]
time to stock up on close out ammo
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I stopped going to K-Mart after they stopped having Fuzzy Zoeller do the K-Mart outdoors show and when they went to Rosie.
IT may hurt my bank account but I usually try the small bait & tackle shops, and local gun &golf shops.  Much more friendlier and on a rainy day you can just stand around and chew the shit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I stopped going to the ones in the city of Rottenf***ingchester, NY years ago.  There is a nice one near Victor, NY, but probably wont go there any more either.  Their decision to not sell ammo, mine not to shop.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#28]
suprised nobody has put our friend Mall Ninja in a blue smock with Kmart store background.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#29]
My local K-Mart had a flat (250 rounds) of "cheap" Remington 12-ga. shotshells (the black hulls) for the low low price of $75.00. How will I be able to resist that deal?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I live in XXXXXXX, MI.
Nearby is one of your BigKs.
Also nearby is a WalMart.
Your decision to give into the liberal extremists and stop selling handgun ammunition means that I will now do all of my shopping at the WalMart. As an added bonus, when I went into the WalMart last evening to make sure they had what I needed to shop for, I saw they had an expanded cold food area.
You have lost a customer, and WalMart has gained one.
I trust that your liberal friends will gift your company enough money to make up for the loss of my patronage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Here's mine -

Dear KMart -

I am writing to notify you that I will NO LONGER be shopping ANY of your stores, given your illogical and insulting decision to not sell handgun ammo. Your cowardice is immeasurable. Your business sense is non-existent. Most of your business base is in small town America - the type of people who buy handgun ammo. Good thinking to tick them off.

I suppose you'll stop selling baseball bats too, WHEN a victim of a brutal beating with a baseball bat comes whining at your door??

Didn't Lorena Bobbit use a kitchen knife?? I think you still sell those.

What a bunch of maroons. I hope Chapter 11 visits you shortly. If you were a book, I'd hafta imagine we'd all be reading Chapter 10 about you right now. RIP, Kmart.

Mark A. Kozak, CPA
Roebuck, SC
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I think its funny that they say "we don't sell handguns so why sell the ammo" BECAUSE here in Alaska our Kmart stores have racks of rifles & shotguns, and cases of handguns.  They stopped selling them 2 years ago bc Rosie O Fatcow said to, but finally the AK Kmarts decided to start selling pistols again this year.  Whatever, I buy in bulk anyway[}:)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Kmart lost any business that I may have done there, and I let them know this.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Wal-Mart is next. They have started letting individual stores decide if they want to carry anything besides rubber worms.  I sent them several emails reference their new Tampa store that doesn't sell guns/ammo.  Never did hear back from them.  

Kmart sucks (Rosie sucks), but it's one less place to purchase legal firearms and ammo and one more win for the anti-gun crowd.

I also don't shop at Sports Authority since they stopped carrying anything but air guns.

Soon, we will have to do all of our shopping on the net, until the gov't and anti-gunners shut it down too....
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#35]
my email went:

NO GUNS, NO AMMO - NO CUSTOMER!!!
I am saddened that you have made a corporate decision to discontinue sales of firearms and ammo.  I have purchased these items from your stores, and also purchased many other items from house wares, auto, electronics, etc., as a result of shopping in the sporting goods department.

You have the right to discontinue those sales, and as a result of this decision, I will exercise my right to 'discontinue' being a K-Mart shopper.

Should this policy be reversed, I will gladly 'reinstate' myself as a customer.
=========================

Dear BlueLight Customer,

We thought you'd like to know that we received your email. A Customer Care associate will get back to you within 24 hours.

This is an automated response, so please do not reply to this message.

Thank you for shopping on BlueLight.
================
I think the idea is not to close them down, this will accomplish nothing, just as closing S&W down will not help our cause.  The effort is to bring more pressure on them that the anti's have, and have the policy changed.  This is how we will win.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top