Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 7:02:44 PM EDT
Looking for 18-30 hp, 4wd with front loader, using it mostly for winter snow removal, some random work aside from that

Kioti good to go? Or should I stick to more name brands ?

My main preference is yanmar with kubota being 2nd
And either I find the tractor I want missing either 4wd or the loader, the ones that have both are asking to much money to pay in full
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Dont know but I'll +1 for the Kubota.  I love my little orange tractor!!

eta to add pics

" />

" />
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a 12 dk90 that's been perfect. I only use it during winter though running an inverted snowblower clearing residential driveways.

They had a lot of options standard that kubota charges extra for and it was still about 10k cheaper. That being said fit and finish, and other things aren't up to par with the name brands.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
4 months I bought a Kubota Bx-25D Tractor Loader Backhoe. 23 horse, 19 at the PTO, 4x4. I could not be happier. I like that Kubota builds 100% of the tractor including their Diesel engine. I bought mine over the Interne  from Barlows Equipment in Kentucky . They delivered it to me in Michigan for $18,500 total. Included a 60" mid mount mower and the 3 point hardware. Barlows beat my local dealer by over $2300 and Brady Barlow was great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They have issues check them out at Tractor by net forum

Research for over a year before I decided on Kubota ....the machine is a bit better than all the others imo plus my dealer is very highly rated.

If they sold Kioti I might have bought one instead...

I decided my needs were better served by a skid steer vs a tractor...so I went that route...so far so good.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
do you have a local dealer for parts?

IF NOT - then id stick with a brand that has local support..

I have a JD 2320 (24p) and for my needs it does good..  move/plow 12" without issues.. mows the yard, and rough cuts the fields...

brian
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Buddy who is a farmer was John Deer all his life, but when it came time for a new tractor he went Kioti.
He said it came with more standard accessories that were extra on all of the others. While it was an unknown
entity to him and the dealer was further he went for it and has been very happy and has had not issues.

For everyone that likes one tractor there are others that like another and pan the rest. My Kubota has been
hit or miss, it is almost as if it has a mind of its own.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a diesel guy, but in a tractor it's the only way to go.  Get the Kubota.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Go mahindra and never look back. Better built than green and in my experience great customer service.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Its all fun and games till you need parts! My lucky friends Kioti fuel pump started leaking diesel fuel,and our local pump shop was able to repair due to common parts usage with other better known names. Bill was a bit over 500 for repair.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Kubota....love mine.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a Kioti, if I still needed it I'd still have it. Its all about local dealer support, if you have a good stable local dealer then Kioti's are fine. If not, then go with whats closest. All modern tractors are good in their own right (except Mahindra IMO, not the highest quality).

Honestly, try to take a look at "LS Tractor". They are excellent prices, the tractors outperform others in their class, and they are cheaper. LS builds allot of the tractors for New Holland and Case IH.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top