Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/20/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
I've done it twice now and it's glorious.  No rude or surly attitude from uneducated employees, food came out correctly, I'm okay with this technology.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
$15 minimum wage for the win...MAGA
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Plus you can order it customized they way you want it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I did it at a Hardee's. I loved it. I can't wait until every fast food restaurant is kiosk only.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the pictures. I've never seen one before and it's really helpful.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I used it once.  Food was wrong, and found it sitting up at the counter whee a customer ergo was a contractor and filthy was reaching over the counter and put his arm on to of the burger that was sitting open face.

Cashier didn't even know how to give a refund.  Had to call the manager the next day.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Is a robot assembling the burger, or is there still a snot-nosed, pierced through the lip meth head ready to spit on your Royale with Cheese?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Local McDs is about to shut down the restaurant to remodel and put in kiosks on each table to order.  They are going to have waiters serve the food.

Seems good, I don't really order anything there other than ice cream for the kiddos.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
If only OP could apply the kiosk accuracy to his post. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather not touch that nasty-ass welfare spunk covered touchscreen
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've done it twice now and it's glorious.  New ride or surly attitude from uneducated employees, food came put correct, I'm okay with this technology.
View Quote
I blame you for our future robot overlords
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually went back to the OP, thought I missed it.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Necessity is the mother of all inventions. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder what company installs and maintains them? Probably someone like Diebold or NCR I imagine. Wouldn't be a bad field to get into, those things will need repairs frequently, especially in the ghetto locations. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
or shitty/declining sales.

But the media said...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I have not been to McDonald's in years.

I'm going to go get some nuggets now and see if they have them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Food still being cooked by dweebs. Will be better when terminators start cooking.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully the robot overlords start cooking and preparing the food soon as well... might get me into a McD's again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#20]
No kiosks at my close one.

Definitely nicer though. Clearly been remodeled and was clean.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I've actually seen a few McDonalds in my area closed for remodeling I guess this is why.

Anyone know what company installs or maintains the kiosks?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
We have had them in Montreal for nearly a year now.

Cash registers have been reduced from 6-8 down to 2. There are usually 3 double sided kiosks so 6 people can be placing orders at once.

I've never had an order come out wrong.
There is a screen with the order number being served above the pickup counter.
The biggest issue I've seen is running out of printer paper.
Some people are still too stupid to realize that their food is ready.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If only OP could apply the kiosk accuracy to his post. 
View Quote
Just edited, damn that was awful
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is a robot assembling the burger, or is there still a snot-nosed, pierced through the lip meth head ready to spit on your Royale with Cheese?  
View Quote
This, because if it is option #2..it still sucks
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Self help kiosks are the new norm.  WalMart is doubling their self checkouts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This, because if it is option #2..it still sucks
View Quote
I know it's weird.  Oddly enough none of the rocket scientists or heart surgeons wanted to leave their fields to come work the fast food assembly lines.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder what company installs and maintains them? Probably someone like Diebold or NCR I imagine. Wouldn't be a bad field to get into, those things will need repairs frequently, especially in the ghetto locations. 
View Quote
I am anxious to read news reports here when the rich and vibrant crowds start beating/shooting these machines. It will be comedy gold.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Touch screen? That is going to be gross.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#30]
The kiosks don't take cash so I  have to pay at the counter. Why bother ordering from the kiosk at that point?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]
They tore down one of the MCDONALD'S here and are rebuilding it.  I wonder if it will include kiosks?  The other smaller one does not have them yet but the employees are decent enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Just remember how many dirty fingers touch those touch pads.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#34]
They also have a moderately decent mobile app that allows you to order and pay and they'll bring it out curbside. Skip the drive through line.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am anxious to read news reports here when the rich and vibrant crowds start beating/shooting these machines. It will be comedy gold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. Wait till the single,  baby momma , weave helmet, Obama phone rats start beating on them as that is the only problem solving technique they ever learned.That and shooting it with their jennings..25 acp.

I only goto to hate chicken. If I want a burger,  I can make one up and grill it in about 10 mins
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#36]
The bata version I used at Jack-In-Box would give you the option to remember how you customized your order and what you ordered. All you had to do was swipe your card and the various saved meals would come up. This was about 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
It's only a matter of time until the Russians hack those machines. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I did it at a Hardee's. I loved it. I can't wait until every fast food restaurant is kiosk only.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Mcdonalds employees are third world trash or meth heads with face tattoos.

Robots are welcomed and force the animal employees of McDonalds to live underground in a dank cave system.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Automation and robotics will replace all low skill manual labor.....both in service and manufacturing. So all the blue collars jobs are going way. Better MAGA by going back to school before you are out on the street with the burger flippers.

Only reason why manufacturing ended up in Mexico and China was because those people were cheaper to employ than robots.  With rising wages in those regions, that's quickly changing too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't do McDonalds much but did it with my kids as they wanted to try it.  I was floored at the options...  When I did eat there, I just got the straight run.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's only a matter of time until the Russians hack those machines. 
View Quote
Would be kind of funny......order BigMac, end up getting beef stroganov
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Meanwhile at Bojangles they still yell into a microphone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Local DMV installed self-serve electronic touchscreen kiosks similar to those. 
Due to the large numbers of illiterate people, they put velvet ropes around the kiosks, and hired DMV employees to key in the data. 
Now they have some contractor maintaining the touchscreen system, more gubbment employees, and the service is worse. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I love kiosks and web ordering of food. The less I have to deal with people the happier I am.

Every so often I order lunch from the Panera near me.  I use their web app to order and pay for it, and pick it up on ready-to-go shelf at the store.   I never even have to talk to anyone, its great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The bata version I used at Jack-In-Box would give you the option to remember how you customized your order and what you ordered. All you had to do was swipe your card and the various saved meals would come up. This was about 5 years ago.
View Quote
That will be good for those of us on the spectrum, that order the same exact thing every time...... A double fish with pickles added, easy on the tartar sauce.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#47]
It even asks "Do you want fries with that?"
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
How long until Hooter girls are replaced with robotic Realdolls.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The kiosks don't take cash so I  have to pay at the counter. Why bother ordering from the kiosk at that point?
View Quote
You could always enter the 21sr century and get a debit card?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Plus you can order it customized they way you want it.
View Quote
Now THAT was the only major reservation I had.   I always order the filet-o-fish with xtra tartar, so that it's OOOZING out the edges.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top