Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/18/2006 1:47:43 PM EDT
I posted this in GD and no one seemed to care. I saw a picture of him wearing jump wings. As far as I know he never served in the military. I think it is wrong for him to be wearing them. What do you airborne types think? John the leg. Oh and he may be the next gov of Texas
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:59:45 AM EDT
Had to earn mine, but then again I cherish them also.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:07:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
I believe they are his father's wings. I remember seeing a thread about this on usparatroopers.org and I think that was the conclusion.

He definitely has NOT earned a military parachutist badge.

And he's not going to be governor - nor is grandma strayhorn. Perry is a shoe in.

I sent an email to his campaign, and they are his father's wings from WWII.

Quote:
Thank you for your email and your interest in the Kinky Friedman for Governor Campaign. The "Jump Wings" that Kinky wears on his lapel were a present to him from his father, who was a proud veteran of WWII. Kinky wears them because he is proud of him, too.

Thanks, and GO KINKY!
Whitney
Team Kinky
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
Yup his dads...
Another KINKY FOR GUBNER voter here...
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
And he's 10 pts ahead in the polls, if his dad was a WWII paratrooper then it's all good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:38:16 PM EDT
I knew a lady (Air Nat Guard) wore her Hubbys wings (and Star, he was a gen) on her civilian cloths. Her Husband was the Asst. AG,. AKNG (Gen Carrol), who died in a plane crash in the ear 90s. I was proud to stand next to her, She was a great lady and Gen Carrol was a great Officer. I've seen and delt with poser, She wasnt one.

Is the person wearing the wings out of respect of a paratrooper loved one or are they misreposenting themselves.

By the way, I got my wings in Dec 66, 25 years, (between the regular and NG)
mostly on jump status.

KraigWY
CPT USAR Ret
Top Top