Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:31:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 12:34:31 AM EDT by SBCZILLA]
Ok, right off the bat, this movie was like 4 hours long, no seriously, its damn near 4 HOURS LONG! They spend like 3 and a half hours on that damn island, and then half-assed the last 15 min in New York. However, the movie could have been reduced to about an hour and a half if they had cut out the millions of needless slow motion scenes. There were no less than 20 slow motion scenes of the flat chested floozie and the ape doing nothing more than staring into each others eyes. I was hearing all these rave reviews taking about "movie of the year, 4-stars, 2 thumbs up" what a crock of shit, this movie totally blew. Id give it a 3 out of 10, if that. The original story isnt THAT good to begin with, all PJ did was throw in 2005 special effects and that is the only thing that differs from the original. I could have spent this time watching Narnia, or better yet, getting drunk. Even the chic that I took with me thought it blew, and she isnt all that bright. I expected a lot more from the guy that did Lord of the Rings. Lastly, and most importiantly, the 3 T-Rexes would have mopped the fuckin floor with Kongs bitch ass.

DO NOT see this movie.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:35:15 AM EDT
this is kinda what expected to see more of, review-wise
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:39:10 AM EDT
I just saw it tonight also. I thought it was a pretty decent flick. Had a stiffy through the entire 3+ hours, actually. But that was due to me more or less molesting my date.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:45:36 AM EDT
I agree. What was with the Matrix-like slo-mo scenes?? Stupid. And the chick was a poor choice. How about some boobs?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:57:36 AM EDT
I don't remember any slow-mo scenes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:10:13 AM EDT
WHAT?!

Naomi cambell is hot! I thought she was excellent for the role, and her B/C cup boobs were good enough for me, haha.

The whole point of those "let's look at each for for 60 seconds" scenes is "subtext"... Kong isn't about to deliver a rocking monologue about why greed or corruption is good for our society, or how you aren't a unique and beautiful snowflake . Remeber the subtle nudge from the movie? Expressing feelings with no words and reading the subtext? If you do read the subtext, you find that those scenes are actually done quite well, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing better. Kong's facial expression were acted out and captured from the same actor who played the chef BTW. The thing with the Ridley Scott style slow mo also bugged me at times, but thankfully, died off.

Overall, I thought it was a good flick, on the level of a LOTR episode. B+ for a entertainment movie
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:12:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SBCZILLA:
Ok, right off the bat, this movie was like 4 hours long, no seriously, its damn near 4 HOURS LONG! They spend like 3 and a half hours on that damn island, and then half-assed the last 15 min in New York. However, the movie could have been reduced to about an hour and a half if they had cut out the millions of needless slow motion scenes. There were no less than 20 slow motion scenes of the flat chested floozie and the ape doing nothing more than staring into each others eyes. I was hearing all these rave reviews taking about "movie of the year, 4-stars, 2 thumbs up" what a crock of shit, this movie totally blew. Id give it a 3 out of 10, if that. The original story isnt THAT good to begin with, all PJ did was throw in 2005 special effects and that is the only thing that differs from the original. I could have spent this time watching Narnia, or better yet, getting drunk. Even the chic that I took with me thought it blew, and she isnt all that bright. I expected a lot more from the guy that did Lord of the Rings. Lastly, and most importiantly, the 3 T-Rexes would have mopped the fuckin floor with Kongs bitch ass.

DO NOT see this movie.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:41:47 AM EDT

DO NOT see this movie.

Now THAT is a movie review!! The underlined text I found extremely funny!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gordon_freeman:
WHAT?!

Naomi cambell is hot! I thought she was excellent for the role, and her B/C cup boobs were good enough for me, haha.

The whole point of those "let's look at each for for 60 seconds" scenes is "subtext"... Kong isn't about to deliver a rocking monologue about why greed or corruption is good for our society, or how you aren't a unique and beautiful snowflake . Remeber the subtle nudge from the movie? Expressing feelings with no words and reading the subtext? If you do read the subtext, you find that those scenes are actually done quite well, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing better. Kong's facial expression were acted out and captured from the same actor who played the chef BTW. The thing with the Ridley Scott style slow mo also bugged me at times, but thankfully, died off.

Overall, I thought it was a good flick, on the level of a LOTR episode. B+ for a entertainment movie

Naomi Watts, the chick who was in the King Kong movie, is hot too
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:28:49 AM EDT
After due consideration I’ll probably either see the Hairy Potter again or Narnia.
If King Dong had been only two hours long I’d check it out. The original was about and hour 45 minutes. But three hours are too much.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:37:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 2:41:25 AM EDT by Tomislav]
The original is worth seeing because it was a technical marvel for its time. But now? Come on, Peter, ya gotta do better than giant monkeys.

And Hollywood wonders why ticket sales are down...

ETA: Ya, I know it wasn't a 'monkey' per se.

ETA2: The only monkey (ya ya) movie that you need see:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:47:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
The original is worth seeing because it was a technical marvel for its time. But now? Come on, Peter, ya gotta do better than giant monkeys.

And Hollywood wonders why ticket sales are down...

ETA: Ya, I know it wasn't a 'monkey' per se.

ETA2: The only monkey (ya ya) movie that you need see:

www.americanartarchives.com/peak_every_which_way_1979.jpg

" Why a Sha-shottagun?"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:51:27 PM EDT
spoiler!

<­BR>

the monkey dies
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:52:43 PM EDT
damn....i guess i'll wait for it to come out on video
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:56:07 PM EDT

DO NOT see this movie.

You lost me there. The original Kong (1933) was one of the best films ever made.

Although having seen the previews I do agree on the T-Rex thing. Even worse was the Jet Li type fight choreography.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:57:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pieceofstink:
I agree. What was with the Matrix-like slo-mo scenes?? Stupid. And the chick was a poor choice. How about some boobs?

Really? Damn. While I love "The Matrix" (where that kind of shit made sense according to the plot) I absolutely hate that the effect has been adopted by Hollywood for other movies. It's just stupid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:58:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tras:
I just saw it tonight also. I thought it was a pretty decent flick. Had a stiffy through the entire 3+ hours, actually. But that was due to me more or less molesting my date.

is that something you normally share?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:00:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By effinNewGuy:

DO NOT see this movie.

Now THAT is a movie review!! The underlined text I found extremely funny!!

agreed, that was poetry
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:02 PM EDT
The original King Kong was 104 mins long.

The 1976 remake was 134 mins long.

The 2005 POS was 187 mins long.

I want my 3 hours back!!!! I'd rather watch the 1976 release and it was just a guy in an ape suit.

Jackson just added to much extra garbage scenes or ran some scenes to long, and as the movie went on we just found ourselves deeper in the BS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:02 PM EDT
I'm getting sick of all these movie remakes...

Then again, I'm probably old enough now to feel this way. When I was younger, there were movie remakes but I hadn't seen the originals.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:16:18 PM EDT
HEY NOW!...

I don't give a flying crap about movies, TV, Hollywierd or any of that shit...

But.. I love flatchested women, so BACK OFF!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:19:38 PM EDT

Ok, right off the bat, this movie was like 4 hours long, no seriously, its damn near 4 HOURS LONG! They spend like 3 and a half hours on that damn island, and then half-assed the last 15 min in New York.

DO NOT see this movie.

That's a pretty damn good rant.

Hope the date was hot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:19:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:05:26 PM EDT
I took my little brother to see it this afternoon.

First and foremost, DO NOT buy the large pop! This is one long ass movie. They took forever to get to island, and then they took even longer to get off of the island. This was due to the fact that they over extended every cliff hanger by at least 5 minutes.

But, I will admit that theysucked me into a few of the cliff hangers, and I was mildly entertained. The ending triggered my fear of heights too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:09:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Originally Posted By Tras:

is that something you normally share?

His "date" was his right hand, and his other alias is "Pee-Wee Herman."
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 6:12:26 PM EDT by CavVet]

Originally Posted By sydney7629:
Naomi Watts, the chick who was in the King Kong movie, is hot too

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:12:44 PM EDT
I don't think I could take another "Kong" re-make.

GM
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:14:43 PM EDT
Having grown up with ther original and had to tolorate the first remake, I grieve the passsing of the SEC because between Kitty, Mel Brooks and I, THE LAST REMAKE OF KING KONG is LONG PAST overdue.

old timers here will know what I mean. (Maybe)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:16:48 PM EDT
Snape kills King Kongledor
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 12:35:11 PM EDT by Notorious]

Originally Posted By twonami:
spoiler!

<­BR>

the monkey dies

You never saw "Kong Lives" did ya? Thats the one in wich KK gets a hart transplant ( after he gets shot down in NY and put in an ICU for 10 years ) and then escapes.

That movie should've come with a free hand job. At least you get SOMETHING for your money!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:12:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
The ending triggered my fear of heights too.

Same here, and I've jumped from a plane 4 times.

The entire Empire State Building scene gave me a slight case of vertigo. All in all, my wife and I thought the movie was "okay" -- nothing we'd buy on DVD. We went to the 2:00 PM showing yesterday. I had somewhere to be at 6:00 PM,and started doing some serious clock-watching after 5:00 PM as the movie was still dragging on. Luckily, it finally ended and I managed to be at my destination with five minutes to spare.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:53:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 11:54:34 AM EDT by twonami]
so when do they remake Mighty Joe Young?
ETA:crap they already did in 98.
Hollywierd really does suck
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:01:44 PM EDT
Yeah, I actually saw Mighty Joe Young, b/c it was free. I couldn't tell you a thing about it. KK is silly. Obviously a 'directors movie'. Jackson was doing his thing, not trying to be marketable. I love the original with a passion, and I'm sure Ray Harryhausen is laughing at the overdone effects in this remake. As is Steven Speilberg, if he isn't planning on sueing. Raptors?? C'MON!! My opinion, it was uber lame, go buy a remastered copy of the original on DVD and be happy with that. I'm dissapointed, I was really looking forward to this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:26:34 PM EDT
guy at work saw it, told me to wait for the video.

said it was pretty lame.

txl
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:46:19 PM EDT
LOL. If the movie is as entertaining as the posts in this thread, I'll go see it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:33:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Notorious:

Originally Posted By twonami:
spoiler!

the monkey dies

You never saw "Kong Lives" did ya? Thats the one in wich KK gets a hart transplant ( after he gets shot down in NY and put in an ICU for 10 years ) and then escapes.

That movie should've come with a free hand job. At least you get SOMETHING for your money!

So what did they use for the heart transplant? A blue whale heart???
Top Top