Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:14:12 PM EDT by PeteCO]
Was in line at everyone's favorite place - the DMV.

A man in uniform came in, I think he was Air Force but I'm not certain. He asked some people behind me (very politely and quietly) if this was the line for title transfers, and how long they had been waiting. He kind of made a comment that I did not hear very well that he had some important stuff to do on leave, and have they been waiting long. I was third in line. I told him to come up and cut in front of me, that I would be delighted if he did so, and thanked him for his service. THREE FUCKING PEOPLE from a ways behind me made snide comments about this beng unfair, and one of them mentioned "he knows he can get special treatment from the neocons, that's probably why he's wearing the unifrom".

I snapped. I am not a violent person, but I slammed my shit down, got in his face and told him to "shut his motherfucking mouth or we can take it outside right fucking now for some unplanned dental fucking work". I wasn't loud, but I was pretty serious/mean about it. In retrospect, I came at him so fast I'm sure he thought I was going to hit him. Like all leftist asswipes, he looked down at the ground and said "I didn't say anything".

The airman told me "I'm sorry, I'll go back there" and I said "no sir, I insist you stay up here, you have caused no trouble at all. It's my fault". He thanked me in a soft tone and took care of his business. At this point my fucking blood pressure slowly crept up, so when he left I stepped to the side and glared back at everyone in line. The DMV dude smirked at me when I got there.

I'm kind of surprised the DMV didn't kick me out, and I'm pretty sure what I did could be construed as menacing. I know I should have kept me temper in check, but damn these people piss me off.

I am kind of afraid what might have happened if someone would have done something stupid when the airman left. I understand that I need to make sure I don't react in a way that would escalate a situation like that.

Flame away, go ahead and tell me I shouldn't own guns, whatever. My only regret is making the AF guy feel uncomfortable. I can't believe the gall of these cocksucking asswipes. Scum of the fucking earth.

No I wasn't armed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:15:22 PM EDT
Too bad you weren't armed... you could have DRAWN DOWN!

­

<­BR>

Sorry, somebody had to. I'm sure the AF guy was thankful.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:16:16 PM EDT
I read this twice and didn't see a problem. Nothing that any decent person wouldn't do. Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:17:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:17:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:00 PM EDT
Woohoo! Go Pete GO!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:09 PM EDT
So, was he hot? Did you get his number?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
I absolutely would have done that but I would have given him my spot and then gone to the end of the line. No one would have a legitimate beef that way.

As much as I hate to cheer you on--I just can't help it. Thank you for chalking one up for the good guys. Sometimes "good" is not "right"--make sense? Afterall, no kittens were harmed by the sound of it.

Good point. Going to the end myself probably would have served to diffuse the situation.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:17 PM EDT
Bravo Pete - no problem here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:35 PM EDT
You should have put your erect penis on his cheek, that would have showed him.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:36 PM EDT
its cuz you live in hippyville
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:49 PM EDT
i say you were right on. you didnt contact the scumbag, and merely exercized your right to free speech
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:19:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
I read this twice and didn't see a problem. Nothing that any decent person wouldn't do. Carry on.

Yeah....other than yelling at the guy instead of speaking to him like a child (which would have been even more demeaning) I don't see a problem.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:21:10 PM EDT by Red-Bucket-98]
Good job.

IBN_T

ETA: Dammit. Beat me by a minute.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:20:13 PM EDT
You're a menace! A MENACE I SAY!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:21:02 PM EDT
hey, you made that guys day, although he had to remain professional and couldnt show that he appreciated it.

and i dont feel that what you said constituted a direct threat, it was just a suggestion.

fist fights at the DMV should be legal anyways for the shit they make you put up with there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:21:35 PM EDT
i think what you did was warranted.....
[given the ridiculous and rude comment made by one of the bystanders]
and i commend you for it -
i wouldnt have had the nerve to do that in front of everyone
someone has to speak up
thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:24:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By No_Expert:

Yeah....other than yelling at the guy instead of speaking to him like a child (which would have been even more demeaning) I don't see a problem.

No Expert

Did you actually read the original post?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:25:38 PM EDT
While I think your heart was in the right place I think you put that servicemen in a quite uncomfortable position.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:26:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:28:44 PM EDT by PeteCO]

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:
i say you were right on. you didnt contact the scumbag, and merely exercized your right to free speech

Oh I'm pretty sure it classifies as assault. I tried to say it in as intimidating and evil a way as I could, added to the fact I was raging pissed. I think he did get some spit on him too - I was maybe one inch from his face.

Again, I stress that I AM NOT a violent person. It was out of character for me. And I could give a fuck less what any of those assholes in line thought about it. I was ready to beat them all.

After all, waiting in line at the DMV does not put one in the best mood. Especially considering this:

Lawmakers demand solution for DMV wait

I know that the leftist was a piece of shit and an enemy of this country, but for some reason I feel like I desecrated the airman in some way, by being a little too hotheaded about it. I tried to be as low profile as possible, which is why I said it to the asshole as calmly and quietly as possible. The people sitting in the chairs and back of the line didn't notice, but I'm pretty sure those of us in the front part of the line could tell what was going on, even if they didn't hear it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:38:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:38:42 PM EDT by blacklisted]
I wouldn't let someone get in front of me just because they were a serviceman/woman UNLESS there was nobody behind me (or if the people behind me didn't object).

The asshole you yelled at deserved it though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT

If you wanted to make everyone happy but yourself you could have traded places with the Airman - in the back of the line. Oh well, this was best.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By No_Expert:

No Expert

Did you actually read the original post?

Yes, and i know he said he wasn't "loud"...but telling someone "shut his motherfucking mouth or we can take it outside right fucking now for some unplanned dental fucking work". would usually be contrued as yelling at someone.
And no offense to Pete...I'm sure he was louder than he thinks he was...most people ar ein that kind of situation.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:52:14 PM EDT
Thank you sir. I wish more people had courage like you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:56:07 PM EDT
You were rude to that poor man.

Good job!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:56:31 PM EDT
For those about to rock.....

...we salute you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:56:53 PM EDT
Good Yell, the cops weren't called, you went home unscathed. Sounds like a winner to me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:00:01 PM EDT
That's cool.

Wish I could have been there. The high fives would have really pissed em off.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:00:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:
I snapped. I am not a violent person, but I slammed my shit down, got in his face and ...

Dude, you kill me!!

You earned a steak & a sundae!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:03:29 PM EDT
The who made the coments didn't work for TSA did they?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:04:32 PM EDT
You know that snotty little bitch is posting his version of this on DU right now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:06:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:07:06 PM EDT
Oh good grief. It could have been said better but oh well. You stood up for doing the right thing and made the piss-n-moan bitch look like what he was. The universe will go on, and that asshole may think again before making snide remarks towards a serviceman. Good has been done here. Move on!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:07:30 PM EDT
Psh, I'm just bummed I wasn't there to see it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:07:52 PM EDT
I think you were a dick to let him cut in. Who the fuck are you?
You weren't the only one in line and what gave you the right to make everyone else wait longer.

The decent thing to do would have been to say, "Okay if this guy takes my place and I go to the back of the line?"

That said, if I were him, I wouldn't have cut in front of everyone else regardless.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:11:30 PM EDT

I absolutely would have done that but I would have given him my spot and then gone to the end of the line. No one would have a legitimate beef that way.

As much as I hate to cheer you on--I just can't help it. Thank you for chalking one up for the good guys. Sometimes "good" is not "right"--make sense? Afterall, no kittens were harmed by the sound of it.

+1
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
I thought this was going to be about you putting your dick on someone's cheek.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 9:14:31 PM EDT by BuckeyeRifleman]

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
You weren't the only one in line and what gave you the right to make everyone else wait longer.

The decent thing to do would have been to say, "Okay if this guy takes my place and I go to the back of the line?"

That said, if I were him, I wouldn't have cut in front of everyone else regardless.

ETA your just mad cause it was an AF guy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:15:53 PM EDT
What does this phrase mean? "dental fucking work" It doesn't involve you putting your fully erect pecker on his cheek, does it?

If you threatened, assaulted, or molested a damned hippy liberal, then you're alright by me.

Hey, maybe you can apply for "amnesty" for your crimes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:16:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Too fucking bad, get over it.

It wasn't his place and he had no right. Like I said, he could have given up his place if he were so fucking noble. If he had asked everyone probably would have said, no just go ahead, no problem but he had to be a dick about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:17:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bmick325:
The who made the coments didn't work for TSA did they?

Heh, I knew that post or my post about the check-cashing incident at the bank would someday come back to haunt me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:19:44 PM EDT

ETA: Yeah my fucking brother was in the Air Force. I was in the Marines. I got stationed in the swamp or the desert and he went to fucking Cocoa Beach, nice barracks, beautiful club, etc. The Marine Corps bases I was on sucked the big one so what can I say?

Nah, it has nothing to do with any of that.
Just a matter of doing the right thing. I've got a code of honor I live by and sometimes I expect too much when I expect it from others.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 9:24:21 PM EDT by PeteCO]

It wasn't his place and he had no right. Like I said, he could have given up his place if he were so fucking noble. If he had asked everyone probably would have said, no just go ahead, no problem but he had to be a dick about it.

Easy there, killer

You are a bit bitchy tonight. Your demeanor on this board changes like the Colorado weather. Relax, I already stated that TBK1's suggestion about me moving to the back of the line was a good point. I'm sorry I don't consider one's place in line to be a "code of honor" type of thing. It's just not that damn important. However, being a whiny ass lib DOES violate my personal "code of honor", and I attempt to eradicate it everywhere I go.

I've given up my seat on the airport train to an old lady before, even if she wasn't the person who got on the train right after I did, and consequently had the right to the seat.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:27:53 PM EDT
The point is that EVERYONE in line should have been amenable to letting the serviceman pass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:29:01 PM EDT

Easy there, killer

You are a bit bitchy tonight. Your demeanor on this board changes like the Colorado weather. Relax, I already stated that TBK1's suggestion about me moving to the back of the line was a good point. I'm sorry I don't consider one's place in line to be a "code of honor" type of thing. It's just not that damn important. However, being a whiny ass lib DOES violate my personal "code of honor", and I attempt to eradicate it everywhere I go.

I've given up my seat on the airport train to an old lady before, even if she wasn't the person who got on the train right after I did, and consequently had the right to the seat.

Everything we do in life is a "code of honor" thing but I guess you'd have to have a code of honor to know it.

I am seeking treatment for my bipolar disorder. LOL.

I'm going to bed as I have had my say and I ain't staying up for this thread.
Everyone here knows deep down that I am correct.

You're wired pretty tight Pete. I like that about you but you are seriously going to pop that aneurysm one of these days.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Good point. Going to the end myself probably would have served to diffuse the situation.

That's why he is a moderator - he is so good at defusing tension and resolving conflict.

Seriously - that would have been the brilliant non-confrontational solution, that would have left no room for anyone to bitch.

I liked your solution too, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:43:52 PM EDT
You should have walked up to that guy and said: "Tag, mutherfucker!"

I slay me!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:50:49 PM EDT
... Bravo my brutha!

(well, except for the part that you weren't armed)
Top Top