Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:58:33 PM EDT
I have the flu.

I am FREEZING, muscles are hurting like you wouldnt believe, i am so cold i have the shakes, my EYES even hurt when i move them.  I don't want to eat.  I am SO freakin tired.

Nyquil and Dayquil have become my best friends, often in large quantities.

Please... nuke me from orbit... it is the only way to be sure.

Sandy Lo-leen, Sandy Lo-Leen.... cole... virgil cole... five-oh-five....

Do it Sandy, I'd do it for you....

Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have the flu.

I am FREEZING, muscles are hurting like you wouldnt believe, i am so cold i have the shakes, my EYES even hurt when i move them.  I don't want to eat.  I am SO freakin tired.

Nyquil and Dayquil have become my best friends, often in large quantities.

Please... nuke me from orbit... it is the only way to be sure.

Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.

BIRD FLU!

Kill him quick! Then burn the carcass!

Can you catch bird flu over the internet?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I have your guns first?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get a vaccine this year?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can I have your guns first?

sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Booze, lots of booze...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you get a vaccine this year?

nope.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine.

That, and overdoes on fluids.

Seriously - drink about 150% of what you think you need. Powerade's a good start, followed by kool-aid. (water is water - if using koolaid, add a little more H2O than the mix calls for)

SLEEP.

Get offline and nap out. Rest is the best chance for your body to fight this crap off.

Don't worry... we'll still be here when you come back!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm fighting with the fucking flu as well.  Tried to open the door of my truck to head off to work this morning and I puked all over the outside of the door.  I called in.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine.

That, and overdoes on fluids.

Seriously - drink about 150% of what you think you need. Powerade's a good start, followed by kool-aid. (water is water - if using koolaid, add a little more H2O than the mix calls for)

SLEEP.

Rub one out, get offline and nap out. Rest is the best chance for your body to fight this crap off.

Don't worry... we'll still be here when you come back!

Critical step omitted by Tango7. Nothing better than the sick-with-the-flu-flogging-of-the-Bishop to raise one's spirits!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I felt like hell this morning and by noon I was nauseous and dizzy. so I took a big shot of Wild Turkey 101 and after about 15 minutes I felt perfect.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#12]
got a 90 pack of swiss miss chocolate packets at Sams Club.  been mixing them three at a time with 20 ounces of water.  hydration... check.

no alcohol for me, thanks.... only that which comes naturally.... in Nyquil.

TOO cold to whack it.... wiener is tucked somewhere between kidneys.... will send search & rescue team later.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
got a 90 pack of swiss miss chocolate packets at Sams Club.  been mixing them three at a time with 20 ounces of water.  hydration... check.

no alcohol for me, thanks.... only that which comes naturally.... in Nyquil.

TOO cold to whack it.... wiener is tucked somewhere between kidneys.... will send search & rescue team later.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayers incoming, stainless
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Prayers incoming, stainless

thank you.  very much
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#17]
... It's day four for me. Finally starting to feel a bit better - at times
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Hot chocolate (and, frankly, powerade and gatorade) ain't gonna cut it as far as hydration. You need water, and sugary or artificially sweetened drinks, alcohol, and caffeine can contribute to dehydration more than they'll cure it.

Water. If you ice it, it's easier to keep down. If you must have flavor, get Pedialyte or similar beverage.

I'm speaking as somebody who had Norwalk last year. Seriously stay off any beverages besides water and Pedialyte, and chilling them works wonders.

Although, I am not a doctor, so I don't know how chilling it works out if you're suffering from the chills. What's your actual body temperature? How you feel isn't an indication, you should take core temperature (rectal is most accurate, oral or aural are more comfortable).
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#19]
im there with ya..

this is my 2nd day of work i have missed in 5 1/2 years ..

I feel like such a pussy cause this thing is kicking my ass...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
High colonics too - that's the NUKE from inner space.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
That Flight of the Intruder quote wasn't lost on me.

A bath that is almost too hot to stand will help, you're gonna live!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had it once and I don't want it ever again.
I hope those shots really do work.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.

Awesome movie.  I was stationed at NAVSTA Long Beach.  It was neat to see the scenes which were filmed there.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I had it last year.  

105 fever, body aches like you wouldn't believe.  I had to take an ice bath at one point--THAT was teh suck major.  

Once that went away (only after a week and some anti-viral meds) I got a bacterial infection that felt WORSE than the flu.  Went back to the doc and got some anti-biotics and pain meds.  

I was sick another two weeks with that.  I lost 15 lbs.  (but gained it back in about three weeks)

Sucks.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Keep pounding the fluids in.  You'll be good to go soon.    

Yep pedialyte we drank it quite often in HS when playing sports.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1

Go to the bathroom. Turn on the shower...hot. Sit on toilet, you can do paper work while there or not...optional. And read a magazine until your glasses steam over. The warm, moist air will do wonders. Then plug the bathtub drain and fill it. Climb in and enjoy a hot bath. Wrap up in sweat pants and sweatshirt. Go to bed and sweat it out. Repeat everyday.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#27]
+ 1 on much of the input...fluids...rest...hot baths...fever reducers...and stay away from Bird-Flu Latte's for at least another week.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#28]
My old man used to eat a damn near raw steak when he had the flu.  Said it cured what ailed him
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#29]
It's taken me the better part of 10 days to get over this flu thing.  Unfortunately, my wife is suffering with it right now.

Hang in there, it does get better...  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Go to the bathroom. Turn on the shower...hot. Sit on toilet, you can do paper work while there or not...optional. And read a magazine until your glasses steam over. The warm, moist air will do wonders. Then plug the bathtub drain and fill it. Climb in and enjoy a hot bath. Wrap up in sweat pants and sweatshirt. Go to bed and sweat it out. Repeat everyday.

i am doing that right now..

getting the water ready..

have a magizine to read and setup the protable 7 inch dvd player on a stoll next to the tub...

and DAMN did someone say 10 days!!?

i was hoping to get bad to work manana...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top