Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/24/2017 10:52:38 AM EDT
A LGS local to me has a guy who makes custom kydex holsters, I have an oddball pistol combo that no one makes a holster for so in figured I would give it a shot. I took my 7 year old with mend as soon as I walked in the door the Fudd behind the counter started freaking out. Like woah you can't bring kids here, this is a gun shop!  No shit it's a gun shop mother fucker I also have guns at my house should I not have kids there either?  They have no signage stating no kids or people under a certain age. I have seen teenagers in this LGS before but never small kids.. so was I wrong for taking my son there or was Elmer Fudd freaking out for no reason ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:55:16 AM EDT
Fuck Fudds
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:55:27 AM EDT
You need a new gun shop.

I've brought my daughter since before she could walk and everyone loves her.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:55:52 AM EDT
He's an idiot, but if he's the owner then time to find another holster-smith.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:56:29 AM EDT
Take your business elsewhere. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:56:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:57:15 AM EDT
FPNI
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:57:45 AM EDT
Yes, his reaction was pretty to say the least. And I don't even have kids.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:58:56 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jsmurphy62:
View Quote
He isn't the owner , the owner goes to church with me I'm going to let him know about it tomorrow. I have never seen this guy before but haven't been into the shop since probaby early March.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:00:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GomerPyle:
Take your business elsewhere. 
View Quote
This

Fuck Fudds.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:01:06 AM EDT
Counter dudes a retard.

I've been bringing my kids into lgs since birth & people love seeing kids getting exposed to the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:01:07 AM EDT
My gun shops have all been kid friendly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:02:03 AM EDT
I take my 9 year old girl most places that I go.  She is well behaved.  Most gun shops around her give her suckers when she goes with me.  Id find another gun shop.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:02:09 AM EDT
I've always taken my kids to gun shops, now they're adults who own guns too and now my grandkids go to gun shops.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:02:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2017 11:03:25 AM EDT by Bomb-Tech]
I have always brought my son... probably since he was 2 or 3. Never been an issue.

I could see if a kid was running around unsupervised finger fucking rifles on racks or going behind the counter... or just being a little shit... but just going in with a parent. I would have told that guy to kiss my ass.

But if I were a shop owner I would love to see people bringing their kids.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:03:06 AM EDT
I don't have kids, but every gunship I've been in had had little kids in it. Exposing the youth early and often is pure win.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:03:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SDB666:
You need a new gun shop.
View Quote
A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:03:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
He isn't the owner , the owner goes to church with me I'm going to let him know about it tomorrow. I have never seen this guy before but haven't been into the shop since probaby early March.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jsmurphy62:
Do it.

The owner needs to know that this retard is running off customers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:05:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2017 11:05:54 AM EDT by 4FishLimit]
I spent many weekends at the gun shop with my grandpa.

He was such a regular at the shop that once he retired he often 'helped' out behind the counter on Saturday mornings for a few hours.

I was between 6 and 8 at the time and usually just sat on a stool behind the counter and would sometimes help hand ammo out from behind the counter.

I still shop there occasionally to this day although it's under new ownership and just not quite the same.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:06:35 AM EDT
That guys reaction was retarded. I can't even comprehend the logic.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:07:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Counter dudes a retard.

I've been bringing my kids into lgs since birth & people love seeing kids getting exposed to the shooting sports.
View Quote
This... 

One of the places I go to now is the same place that I went to with my dad 30+ years ago.    And the guy working at the counter was the kid sitting behind the counter with his dad back then too.   
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:07:45 AM EDT
I find this pretty amazing. The FUDDs I grew up around (gun shop owners included) were more than welcoming to me when I was 7. My Dad never batted an eye about taking me in to a gun shop or the shooting range 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:09:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:10:29 AM EDT
Screw that guy. If my girls aren't welcome somewhere, there's no way in hell they'd get my business.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:12:36 AM EDT
Fudd has nothing to do with it.

Minimum wage dipshit trying to feel important.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:13:14 AM EDT
I got a scowl from the owner of my LGS when I brought my 3.5 year old daughter in there to pick up my Shield. The old geezer even ignored her when she said "Hi". She didn't touch anything and stood by my side the entire time. Or maybe he was pissed that I bought it from an online vender for half what he charges in his store. Want to sell more Shields? Don't charge $400.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:15:49 AM EDT

View Quote
Good. Right thing to do.

How else will our kids learn? I take mine to all the important places, including LGS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:16:34 AM EDT
I suppose the Fudd counter-monkey wasn't ever in a gunshop in his early age either.

Makes me glad my dad had me shooting an A2 when I was 9.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:17:21 AM EDT
That's a liability that would raise the back hairs on an insurance guy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:18:18 AM EDT
I've taken up to 5 of my kids into a gun shop, all at once, and the owner was just wonderful to them.  Sounds like the fudd doesn't like kids. I'd find another gun shop.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
Fudd is an ass. I worked at a gun shop. My 9 year old daughter was in there with me many times. She learned a lot. She's going on 12 now. She built her own AR. Loves her 22 Hornet bolt gun. And want's to move up to my .308 soon. How are kids going to learn if idiot fudds want to keep them away???
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:19:57 AM EDT
fudd sucks, need new shop
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:20:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By webtaz99:
View Quote
Really? I have NEVER heard of an accidental shooting with a kid at a gun shop. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but the odds are beyond slim.  Kids get hurt far more by automatic doors at department stores than they do at gun stores.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:20:47 AM EDT
Of course it's proper to take kids of any age along when you visit a gunshop.

That piece of shit behind the counter is anti gun,  and I hope you see to it that he is fired.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:20:51 AM EDT
View Quote
Children in a business open to the public?

The horror.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:21:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Htown156:
I got a scowl from the owner of my LGS when I brought my 3.5 year old daughter in there to pick up my Shield. The old geezer even ignored her when she said "Hi". She didn't touch anything and stood by my side the entire time. Or maybe he was pissed that I bought it from an online vender for half what he charges in his store. Want to sell more Shields? Don't charge $400.
View Quote
Brick and mortar dealers selling a Shield at $400 are only making $57.   Somehow all the online places selling them dirt cheap are getting them below wholesale.  Smith has a major problem with this and if they keep it up I see some shops just not carrying their guns at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:22:07 AM EDT
View Quote
How is a gun shop exposed to more liability because a kid is in it?  How is that any different than a hardware store or butcher shop?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:22:37 AM EDT
That sounds like a bad gunshop in my area that I won't spend any money in ever...there is no call for that. Those places are the worst.

I bring my son with me any chance I get.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:26:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NOMAAM:

Brick and mortar dealers selling a Shield at $400 are only making $57.   Somehow all the online places selling them dirt cheap are getting them below wholesale.  Smith has a major problem with this and if they keep it up I see some shops just not carrying their guns at all.
View Quote
No shit? I figured he was bullshitting me when he said I paid less than he does.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:28:09 AM EDT
Fuck that shop. I take my kids into every gun shop I go to,never been a problem.
The sporting goods store in my hometown when I was a kid was owned by a little old man. Me and a buddy would walk over every saturday morning after our bowling league because he would give kids a free 50 rd box of .22 or a jig or two. Good times,good times.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:30:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2017 11:30:35 AM EDT by UH_SALT_RIFLE]
I keep candy for the kids that come in my shop.

I've got customers now who used to be the little kids of my customers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:31:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT by America-first]
View Quote
Even if that we're so; who cares about "the back hairs on an insurance guy".

There's no rider on the store's policy that limits the age of those who enter.

Every local shop in our county that had gun unfriendly rules blamed it on their insurance and fake, non existent, county ordinances.

When a big player opened a store in our country and didnt implement the same anti gun policies, all of their bullshit policies immediately vanished like magic because they were lying.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:33:11 AM EDT
I was thinking the same thing as my daughter is under two years old, lots of pervs at the fun store. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:35:48 AM EDT
Fuck them

My wife and I work opposite shifts. 99% of the time I am out and about my daughter is with me. If they don't want her in there that's fine but plenty of other shops welcome her. A shop I often go to has a big gumball machine and give kids the change to use in the machine as soon as you walk in.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:37:02 AM EDT
As long as your kids can behave themselves, don't run around, scream, bang on display cases etc, bring em in. Counter guy sounds like a tard.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:38:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SDB666:
You need a new gun shop.

I've brought my daughter since before she could walk and everyone loves her.
View Quote
This. I have seen kids of all ages in our lgs and no effs given. Fudds are one of the worst things in the gun community if you ask me..
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:44:03 AM EDT
I fucking grew up in gun shops, so fuck that guy with a rusted, AIDS infected cactus.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:46:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2017 11:46:56 AM EDT by tsg68]
Buy this for your kid and take him and the rifle in looking for a can...

http://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com/product/crickett-precision-rifle/
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:47:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Htown156:

No shit? I figured he was bullshitting me when he said I paid less than he does.
View Quote
Maybe he should buy his Shields from where you bought yours.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:47:19 AM EDT
View Quote
orly?

the kid will go off the res and start shooting up the place?

a well behaved child is much better than a drunken or brash adult,  and much lower liability.  children carry with them some legal liability aimed at their parents for their actions. adults have no such transfer of responsibility.

my dad took me and i take mine.  they are well behaved and mannerly at all times because they have no other option.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:48:47 AM EDT
View Quote
I am an insurance guy- raises no hair at all.

Kids in an auto dealership with their parents have more possibility of injury (slammed fingers for example).

Just leave your dog at home, op.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top