[#1]
when i was a kid in the 70s you could not own a BB gun in NJ
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

When I was 13 we ran around the neighborhood with them here. (8 years ago ) No one cared.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty stupid
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit, when I was a kid, we had neighborhood wide BB gun wars...in the fucking neighborhood.

(shooting anything below the neck was fair game)

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That article says the guy was arrested for shooting an airsoft.

And the law is enforced. As recently as October, a man was arrested in New Jersey for shooting an airsoft gun at a rubber duck for target practice, in his own yard. Idyriss Thomas, 22, was arrested in Glassboro, N.J., after police responded to multiple 911 calls from neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun. Once police determined the gun was unlicensed, Thomas was taken to jail and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon. His family posted a $2,500 bond.
View Quote

This is news to me, I had always known BB guns were punishable by the graves act, but not airsoft.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see them try.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Goddamn NJ is a suckhole.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
How the fuck do you get a license for an airsoft gun?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a sad situation

“In all honesty, kids who are charged are looking at mandatory jail time,” said New Jersey attorney William Proetta, adding that under the state’s Graves Act, a conviction could lead to prison time. “The only defense is to request a waiver but if that’s not granted, young kids can get a felony charge and their lives are basically over.”

It would make some sense if actual violent felons caught a serious charge.

BB gunners are felons regardless.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You needed a NJ FID card to buy them. My Dad had to buy me mine - a Daisy Model 1894 which I still own.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shit, when I was a kid, we had neighborhood wide BB gun wars...in the fucking neighborhood.

View Quote

The middle school I went to had a maintenance man who lost an eye in a BB gun war as a kid.

I first started shooting with bb guns in the back yard with my dad. Good times, it sucks kids in NJ wont ever get to do that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is news to me, I had always known BB guns were punishable by the graves act, but not airsoft.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And the law is enforced. As recently as October, a man was arrested in New Jersey for shooting an airsoft gun at a rubber duck for target practice, in his own yard. Idyriss Thomas, 22, was arrested in Glassboro, N.J., after police responded to multiple 911 calls from neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun. Once police determined the gun was unlicensed, Thomas was taken to jail and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon. His family posted a $2,500 bond.

Again, suburban airsoft wars. The cops said it was cool.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The moral of this story is never set foot in Joisey.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't believe airsoft falls under the restriction.

ETA: It does.. depending on the interpretation of the county prosecutor / LEO.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
New Jersy, the New Retard State
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag

Just so I can link this thread when the next Chris Christy thread comes up and the republocrats are all "why won't you side with us", and "you're giving the election away".
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tag

Just so I can link this thread when the next Chris Christy thread comes up and the republocrats are all "why won't you side with us", and "you're giving the election away".
View Quote

This shit happened way before he was even in politics.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

My cousins used to live in NJ. They told me back in the late 70's or very early 80's, they had to get their parents to apply for a permit to buy BB guns for them.Fingerprints and all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

More of that non-enforcement we've been told about.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is a sad situation

“In all honesty, kids who are charged are looking at mandatory jail time,” said New Jersey attorney William Proetta, adding that under the state’s Graves Act, a conviction could lead to prison time. “The only defense is to request a waiver but if that’s not granted, young kids can get a felony charge and their lives are basically over.”

It would make some sense if actual violent felons caught a serious charge.

BB gunners are felons regardless.

View Quote

Felons are easier to control. The more the state creates the more they control.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The middle school I went to had a maintenance man who lost an eye in a BB gun war as a kid.

I first started shooting with bb guns in the back yard with my dad. Good times, it sucks kids in NJ wont ever get to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shot his eye out????
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there charging people for having them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the article, it says a guy was busted for airsoft.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He shot his eye out????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shot his eye out????

No, his best friend at the time did. Or at lest thats the story he told us.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#25]
As probably stated:

Stay out of NJ if you don't like the firearms.  We have never been firearms friendly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As probably stated:

Stay out of NJ if you don't like the firearms.  We have never been firearms Constitution friendly.
View Quote

Shall not be infringed.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
As probably stated:

Stay out of NJ if you don't like the firearms.  We have never been firearms friendly.
View Quote

Not really BB gun friendly, or airsoft friendly, hell don't get caught with one of these either:

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Shall not be infringed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As probably stated:

Stay out of NJ if you don't like the firearms.  We have never been firearms Constitution friendly.

Shall not be infringed.  

We're pretty friendly in everything else.. other than the 2nd amendment.

In comparison to other states, police power's are far more restricted.

Arizona v Grant?   Yeah... we already had something on the books way before then.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#29]
So does this mean little five-year-old kids can't shoot at pidgeons on their roofs with airsoft submachine guns anymore?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#30]
well what the fuck are you to do when Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!

ohh well..
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess the next round will go to this people:

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's pretty stupid
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanted to buy my nephew in MA a new pellet gun.  He needs a fucking FID permit to receive it legally.  When I was a kid, we ran around town with Crossmans strapped to our backs.  G*ddamned liberals fuck EVERYTHING good out there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wanted to buy my nephew in MA a new pellet gun.  He needs a fucking FID permit to receive it legally.  When I was a kid, we ran around town with Crossmans strapped to our backs.  G*ddamned liberals fuck EVERYTHING good out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I had pellet guns without an FID. Is he a minor? http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/frequently-asked-questions.html I guess you could just send it to a guardian. I Shot lots of bb and pellet guns as a minor, oops The only time the town cops bothered me and some friends is when we built a 8ft trebuchet and were launching shit by some power lines someone called the cops. I do really hate MA
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here, crossman 760. and some cases ride your bike(no helmets) out of town with a marlin .22
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#38]
This is the most stupid thing I have seen. I know the reason behind, If a child doesn't start learning with a bb gun they most likely are not going to grow up and shot guns. We used to have bb gun wars just like the guys above mentioned. Normally we had a boundary line usually a few blocks one way and a few the other way.  One time it was pretty funny but a friend of mine got shot in the cheek and he spit the bb out into his hand. It didn't do any long term harm just sore for a few days
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Felons are easier to control. The more the state creates the more they control.
View Quote

This is the endgame.  They will make it happen one way or another.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm so happy I don't live in the northeast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ain't that the truth.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
There is a band called bloodhound gang.  They have a song called the 10 coolest things about new jersey.  It is 10 seconds of silence...
They were onto something.

ERic
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Graves Act mandatory sentencing is no joke. Going to be lots of otherwise lawful middle class types going to jail over stuff like this.  No room for discretion thanks to NJ democrats.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Graves Act mandatory sentencing is no joke. Going to be lots of otherwise lawful middle class types going to jail over stuff like this.  No room for discretion thanks to NJ democrats.
View Quote

Didn't that wonderful superman unbeatable Republican governor have to sign the thing?  I can't wait to vote for him as President!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck that stupid crap. Sounds unconstitutional to me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I swear to God, in a few more years we will be better off in North Korea
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think they have Cheetos or Hot Pockets there.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they are on the ban list as well brother.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was my childhood as well
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top