Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/25/2013 12:32:19 PM EDT
So what is the actual argument that the administration has against running the Keystone pipeline? Are they afraid a terrorist might blow it up? Or that it might leak icky oil all over the ground?

Seriously, wtf is the objection to it? I have yet to hear why their opposition to it is so strong.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:38:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2013 12:38:52 PM EDT by Kevv]
Because Obama wants to keep funneling money to terrorist organizations OPEC via our oil needs.  He can't do that if we're producing our own energy, or buying it from non towel heads.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:38:44 PM EDT
Who gives a shit, I got my money from them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 338winmag:

Got your money from... who, and for what? What are you even talking about?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:03:33 PM EDT
He just has to keep his base happy. The pipeliners just left here and dumped a lot of money on me and other local businesses.

They should have run over Darryl Hannah when they had her stupid ass chained to a broken dozer.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:07:32 PM EDT
Dirty fucking hippies.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:08:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By caryw:
He just has to keep his base happy. The pipeliners just left here and dumped a lot of money on me and other local businesses.

They should have run over Darryl Hannah when they had her stupid ass chained to a broken dozer.

So basically, there is no legitimate argument... at all?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:09:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Layer60:

Keystone

Pipeline RoW

fuck you
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:12:41 PM EDT
It's simple. Follow the money. Pipeline provides a cheap means of transport of oil from not only Canada, but also North Dakota. How is the oil currently being transported?

Railroad.

Who owns BNSF?

Warren Buffett.

Any more questions?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:12:59 PM EDT

Keystone

Pipeline RoW

fuck you

A little less coffee?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:13:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By smcgee1970:
It's simple. Follow the money. Pipeline provides a cheap means of transport of oil from not only Canada, but also North Dakota. How is the oil currently being transported?

Railroad.

Who owns BNSF?

Warren Buffett.

Any more questions?

Ah. Now we're getting somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:37:12 PM EDT
Scumbag tree hugging leftist. They don't want the US to have anything to do with oil or oil production. They helped to block most of the horizontal drilling here in Cali. Hermosa Beach is being F'd in the ass right now from their "heads up their asses" influence.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:45:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By caryw:

So basically, there is no legitimate argument... at all?

This.  The reason our wonderful leader is fighting it so hard, is simply that he does not wish for us to be free of our dependance on oil from the middle east.  If that were to happen  we might actually see some prosperity and that doesn't fit his agenda for "fundamental transformation".
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:46:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Will:
Dirty fucking hippies.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:47:43 PM EDT
yep, pipelines are the best way to transport fluid and gases. No wrecks and a smaller chance of human error. Plus pipelines have to follow DOT rules and pipeline operators take that shit serious. It would be great.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:50:51 PM EDT
Wouldn't a good portion of the pipeline run through farmland? My hippy friends don't want their food to get contaminated.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:52:34 PM EDT
I'm supported it initially, but since it's a private corporation benefiting from eminent domain, I changed my mind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 2:13:21 PM EDT

Railroad.

Who owns BNSF?

Warren Buffett.

Any more questions?

For serious?  Motherf....
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 2:18:23 PM EDT
I work in the oil and gas pipeline industry actually on the dot compliance side of things, the previous post are correct warren fucking buffet
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 2:23:53 PM EDT
if it is good for America Obama is against it!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:58:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By corrosionguy:
I work in the oil and gas pipeline industry actually on the dot compliance side of things, the previous post are correct warren fucking buffet

Great American isn't he?  If people only had enough intelligence to question rather than idolize his wealth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:05:57 PM EDT
I tried to find out from one of the dumbfucks. Couldn't get anywhere. This fucking idiot kept screaming about burying pipelines in the aquifer. I calmly asked if he realized yhat EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAS STATION IN THE VSTATE HAS UNDERGROUND TANKS? If the aquifer was that delicate we would know by now. Guy really was a gibbering idiot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:12:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR45fan:

Railroad.

Who owns BNSF?

Warren Buffett.

Any more questions?

For serious?  Motherf....

Yep.  And as a bonus, the tree huggers think the DNC is doing it for them so they keep the money flowing.
Top Top