Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:29:22 PM EDT
From the DrudgeReport

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Blame it on Katherine Harris!

Immediate calls for a recount emerged from the Kerry camp. 'They must have thought they were the Bush twins!' Lawyers have been called in to overturn the results and ABC'S NIGHTLINE is on the verge of doing wall to wall town hall meetings to try to talk America's youth back to their senses.

Calls to Kerry spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter, REM's Michael Stipe, Moby and MTV's Judy McGrath asking for an explanation were all left unreturned.

Developing...

Edit for kode
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
[nelson]HA!HA![nelson]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't see that one coming!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I will vote for Bush just for the fact that both his daughters are hot.  Kerry's are FUGLY.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW!!!  Maybe the "Rock the Vote" kids put down their bongs and skateboards  for a few moments and had a vision of reality!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I must say that I find this shocking. Maybe the youth of today have finally come to their collective senses
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe people are simply tired of this crap, Bush, Kerry neither kids have any business talking at an award show.

Spoiled rich kids,
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maybe people are simply tired of this crap, Bush, Kerry neither kids have any business talking at an award show.

Spoiled rich kids,

I think this is the bigger picture. Kerry's brood have as much business presenting at the VMA's as they do handing out trophies on the PGA tour.  To shamelessly plagiarize Laura Ingraham, 'SHUT UP AND SING'.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]

'They must have thought they were the Bush twins!'
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.utterwonder.com/archives/images/wirq13-thumb.jpg

They look a little hotter then the bush twins.
Okay not so sure about that comment now

They may be just about the same as for as hot goes.

They aren't ugly just not what I would call hot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
The children of politicians are as irrelevant as the crowds of college age punks they perform for.
I really wish we could have an election that focused on the guys running for office, and not their family. Their family wont be running the country, and their opinions are meaningless.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't hear the boos and I watched the VMA's.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think all four of them are hot, better than most of the BOTD middle east girls that some of you all like so dearly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
bwahahhaaaaha...anyone know when they come out? MTV is replaying it now
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think all four of them are hot, better than most of the BOTD middle east girls that some of you all like so dearly.

HAHA

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn.........
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

MTV censored that out........
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MTV censored that out........

hopefully it will find its way to a news outlet somewhere.

this kind of stuff doesnt go hush hush.
i'll be watching FOX news later.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The children of politicians are as irrelevant as the crowds of college age punks they perform for.
I really wish we could have an election that focused on the guys running for office, and not their family. Their family wont be running the country, and their opinions are meaningless.

Lest you forget Hillary's 8 year stint as POTUS!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Um...can you say "Edited for television"?

Drudge played the unaltered version on his radio show this evening. The boo's were resounding.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

That is not exactly true, the First Ladies indeed wielded quite a bit of political power, as an example Nancy Reagan & Hillery Clinton.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I just watched 15 minutes of local coverage on the awards. No mention of it at all. Not even that the girls were there...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#29]
She could open up a can of soup with that chin. Long ass face.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The TV stations/networks would never do so unethical. Their reputation is beyond reproach.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still shouldn't happen, also what the fuck with the first lady. I didn't elect the wife. She's a Mrs. as far as I am concerned, If she wants to run for office let her.. Her husband is representing us to the rest of the world, but we aren't a monarchy. I don't feel the entire family should hold office. MHO
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#32]
another report
www.juiceenewsdaily.com/0804/entertainment/mtv.html

Kerry Daughters Booed at
MTV Video Music Awards
by Landon Howell   Bio   Email
Owner & Editor

CLINTON, MS -- It appears that MTV push of
Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry
may not have paid off as well as possible.

In an appearance at Sunday nights' MTV Video
Music Awards the two daughters were greeted
with some cheers, but many boos.  

At one point one of the daughters even held her
inger to her mouth in an effort to "shush" the
roudy crowd.  The boos only grew louder when
the daughters suggesfed that the best choice for
a President in this years' election should be their
father.

This comes as a surprise to many due to the
liberal stance MTV and their parent company
Viacom push on most of MTV's programs.

It was just three years ago that MTV aired one
of its' contraversial "True LIfe" documentaries
on breast implants and breast surgery.  The
one hour documentary was filled with many
shots of patients naked breasts.  Many saw
this as a front for MTV to gain young viewers within a program disguised to be a report to youngsters about the dangers of implants.

The Bush daughters appeared later on in the program.  However, the reaction from the crowd was difficult to hear when MTV cut to the feed via satelite.
More on this story as it develops

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You must have had the MUTE button on, man.  The boos were plentiful and loud.  I loved it!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#34]
anyone have a link to some of the boos?  it would be sweet music to me ears.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Perhaps I should have said, "In my perfect world, their opinions would be meaningless"
Lets face it...keeping Mrs Reagan quiet was a challenge for that administration.....and as far as Clinton, he basically apointed her deputy president.

Still shouldn't happen, also what the fuck with the first lady. I didn't elect the wife. She's a Mrs. as far as I am concerned. Her husband is representing us to the rest of the world but we aren't a monarchy. I don't feel the entire family should hold office. MHO

Exactly...The person I vote for is the one I want making the decisions...period.
I just wish it actually worked this way in reality.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Spoiled rich kids,

Campaigning has morphed over the years. Marketing and advertising firms are driving the show, based on polling, focus groups, and calculated exposure. Do you see much of Theresa Heinz anymore? I think she was giving a negative vibe and has been pushed to the background for strategic reasons. Looks like this little shindig backfired.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmmmm.... I'm curioius, I would figure that this should be the Dems home court, that is highly unusual that the young people would actually "boo" Kerry's daughters. I bet one thing, those people are not really interested in politics because they are not really personally affected. Mom & dad are still pretty much paying their way or they have not families of their own.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have had the MUTE button on, man.  The boos were plentiful and loud.  I loved it!!!

I heard them too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
bwahahhaaaaha...anyone know when they come out? MTV is replaying it now

One hour into the show.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Suuuuwheeat  It's nice to see this Domestic Terrorist offspring get theirs.

Cuntz
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Drudge Radio is playing it now!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Dear God but they are horse faced bitches...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#43]
someone please post the MP3 file of the boos.

or the video of the event..

someone has to have it....

and all of us would love to hear it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.... I'm curioius, I would figure that this should be the Dems home court, that is highly unusual that the young people would actually "boo" Kerry's daughters. I bet one thing, those people are not really interested in politics because they are not really personally affected. Mom & dad are still pretty much paying their way or they have not families of their own.

Kids, if they rebel, tend to rebel against what they think their parents stand for politically.  These are kids of the boomers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, like when they edited out the NY FD and PD guys booing Hillary's nasty ass... (After 9-11) These fuckers do not wait to rewrite history, they start on the spot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
From the DrudgeReport

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040830/capt.aaa16308300156.mtv_awards_aaa163.jpg
THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Blame it on Katherine Harris!

Immediate calls for a recount emerged from the Kerry camp. 'They must have thought they were the Bush twins!' Lawyers have been called in to overturn the results and ABC'S NIGHTLINE is on the verge of doing wall to wall town hall meetings to try to talk America's youth back to their senses.

Calls to Kerry spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter, REM's Michael Stipe, Moby and MTV's Judy McGrath asking for an explanation were all left unreturned.

Developing...

Edit for kode

The blond one really looks like John Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, like when they edited out the NY FD and PD guys booing Hillary's nasty ass... These fuckers do not wait to rewrite history, they start on the spot.

thats just scary.

its one thing to have freedom of speech....but its another being fed the speech that a ceritian coorperation wants us to hear.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still shouldn't happen, also what the fuck with the first lady. I didn't elect the wife. She's a Mrs. as far as I am concerned, If she wants to run for office let her.. Her husband is representing us to the rest of the world, but we aren't a monarchy. I don't feel the entire family should hold office. MHO

yeah but it is the same as the president asking his advisors for advice or anyone else.  Sometimes you need someone elses input.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I was laughing my ass off.

Hey, MTV, the brainwashing isn't going as planned now is it?HAHAHAHAHA!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#50]
49 states.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top