Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:30:34 AM EDT
link

<snip>

The records shown briefly to reporters provided a few more details about the wounds that resulted in Kerry's three Purple Hearts and show that he suffered from respiratory ailments, a skin rash and a minor urinary tract infection during his four years in the Navy.

Kerry was wounded three times while commanding a swiftboat in Vietnam's Mekong Delta, an assignment that brought him close to enemy fire several times.

Some of Kerry's critics have questioned whether his injuries were serious enough to warrant three Purple Hearts and reassignment out of Vietnam. Kerry's doctor, Gerald Doyle, said he could not characterize the severity of the wounds since he didn't see them, but he noted that Kerry was in danger of serious injury several times.

Kerry got his first Purple Heart after he got shrapnel in his left arm above his elbow. Doyle said if the shrapnel had hit Kerry in the eye, it could have blinded him.

And Doyle said Kerry's third Purple Heart came from a dangerous situation on March 13, 1969, that could have been life-threatening. A mine had exploded near Kerry's swiftboat and enemy snipers were shooting around his boat.

According to notes from a military doctor who treated Kerry three hours later, Kerry was thrown against the bulkhead, resulting in contusions on his right forearm. A small piece of shrapnel was lodged in his left upper buttock. He was treated with a tetanus shot, topical dressing and an ace bandage and advised to apply warm soaks to his right forearm.

<snip>
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]

The Kerry campaign allowed 19 reporters who travel with Kerry to talk to his doctor and view the medical file for about 30 minutes. Reporters had to sign the file in and out and were not allowed to take a copy.

Was Sandy Berger in the press pool? Better check his socks and pants
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]

minor urinary tract infection

In other words THE CLAP
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

minor urinary tract infection

In other words THE CLAP

Kerry:  "Doc, she loved me beaucoup."
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
This is an old article.  My question:

Why did only Kerry's personal doctor see his medical records?

These also won't contest what the swift vets say as to them being self inflicted.  Would be nice of Kerry to sign a form 180 to release it all.  What's he hiding?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#6]

"... minor urinary tract infection "

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

THAT is some funny shit...he caught a dose of the CLAP!

Ohhhh...you SOOOO tall sailor man!  chúng ta uống nhanh một cốc đi  (Let's have a quick one!)

Oh...you velly - có rận; có chấy đinh vít, đinh ốc - (lousy screw!)

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"... minor urinary tract infection "

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

THAT is some funny shit...he caught a dose of the CLAP!

Ohhhh...you SOOOO tall sailor man!  chúng ta uống nhanh một cốc đi  (Let's have a quick one!)

Oh...you velly - có rận; có chấy đinh vít, đinh ốc - (lousy screw!)

LOL is right!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#10]

God bless Penny Arcade; a quote for every occasion.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
So what this doc is saying is that Kerry deserved 3 purple hearts because we was in danger of being injured?

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read!!! Talk about pulling Clinton like tactics!

I'm in danger of losing my life everytime I drive my car and there's another car going by me the other way. I mean, all they would have to do is jerk the wheel and hit me head on. Not that hard to do. Now where's my award for bravery dammnit! I brave traffic every day! I'm a hero!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]

. Doyle said if the shrapnel had hit Kerry in the eye, it could have blinded him. if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle too

A small piece of shrapnel was lodged in his left upper buttock. Is this the piece of shrapnel that he talks about as being in his leg to this day?  It's in his ass!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LOL, I'm trying to figure out what this proves...  his doctor says he COULD have been seriously injured HAD the shrapnel hit his eye... that he was in areas where it is POSSIBLE he could be engaged and that would be dangerous.  Acknowledges he got a bruise and grenade fragment in his ass from his own rice interdiction mission?  No wonder they couldn't be copied or kept... this is the most pathetic attempt to white wash EVER!

Precisely! The PH is given for what occurred not what was or is possible. This is truly a lame spin if there ever was one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like they are really trying hard to not make it look bad for Kerry.  Sounds like there is alot to hide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top