Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2004 10:43:04 AM EDT
Kerry’s 3rd Purple Heart Award

UPDATE: Reporting On Drudge 8/24/04:
Kerry's campaign now says is possible first Purple Heart was awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound...

* Kerry received Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 12/2/68...

* In Kerry's own journal written 9 days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet'... Developing...

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Telling the truth is just dirty tricks !!
The more I read about this asshole the more I hate him.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
That must have been that new assault rice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The picture I see emerging is that Kerry hated the war, but knew he had to go for the sake of his future political year.  He looked for any way to have his cake and eat it too, that is, make it look like he did his duty in combat, but also get out ASAP so he doesn't get killed or anything.

He learns of the three Purple Hearts rule, which is basically a ticket back home. Any scratch he receives, he recommends or asks for a PH to be awarded. Can't wait to buy the book these guys are wiring.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Figures!!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw a neat name for this event - the "Brown Rice Incident".  Wonder when it got brown?  Peeeeeuuuuuuu!
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]
The more I read, the bigger joke and lier tthis guy becomes...and thats if just 10% is true

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The more I read, the bigger joke and lier tthis guy becomes...and thats if just 10% is true

+1
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Odd!

I thought the first two were phony, but the last one was legit.

Now I’m getting confused!

Were any of them for real??
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I apologize if you saw this in my earlier post in another tread but I also have no response to a question yet so....

A letter to "Dear Station Manager", credited to John E. O'Neill - Swift Vet attorney - is a long but
extremely interesting read. It's the best single summary I happen to have seen about who is saying what with reasons for why they're saying it - all in one document. Here's some  more related reading material.

Does anyone know where copies of the exhibits might be found?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#13]
4get_No1:  Great link!

I especially liked the following post:

Kerry himself agrees that he didn't deserve the medals he received. After all, he threw them away, didn't he?

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The picture I see emerging is that Kerry hated the war, but knew he had to go for the sake of his future political year.  

Exactly! me and my dad were just talking about this yesterday!
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Well after reading that, I suddenly get this picture in my head of Kerry throwing the grenade into the rice and then Turning around and bending over exposing his ass to the explosion. He probrobly got the bruises on his arm from holding his ass cheeks while waiting for the explosion. No respect for that man whatsoever.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Ya know, I'll admit that I had not examined Kerry's past in all that much detail until now.  I already knew enough about the jerk and I'm not fonda Fonda either - they smeared us all and I'll never ever forget.  Now we're facing a serious election and we need to look more closely since about all Kerry claims to be is a "War Hero".  Here are a couple of interesting extracts from the above linked reading material about a key issue that changed Kerry's mind on there even being any such thing as honorable service in VN:

Boston Herald on October 14, 1979:
"I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

Exhibit 25, Congressional Record - Senate of March 27, 1986, page 3594:
"Mr. President, I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia.  I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me ...."

The absurdity of his infamous "Christmas in Cambodia" fire-side tale (rationalization) really shines clearly in light of the fact that, as noted in the above linked information:

"Nixon wasn't President in 1968. Sure, he'd been elected in November, but he didn't take office until 1969... ...For over 30 years, Kerry has told that story, apparently far too intellectually lazy or simply stupid to cross-reference an encyclopedia in order to identify the occupant of the White House in 1968. And Democrats call George Bush stupid?"

<ETA - I case you're not reading up on this character yet, the real issue is that Kerry has always been lying to promote his vision of "what's right" (whatever he thinks people want to hear at any given point in time & to hell with the truth).  His boat was not even in Cambodia and this "Christmas" tale is simply another total fabrication>
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#17]
All this shit is meaningless to me.  Allthough I do realize that some idiots out there will see shit like this and vote for this moron.  The real issue to me is Kerry's voting record while in the Senate.  From what I've read he makes Ted Kenedy almost look conserative.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#18]
is it me or does Kerrys purple hearts seem like a MASH episode with Frank Burns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:57:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Kerry's stupid. what else is there to say. He exemplifies the word "scum." Poster-boy for the national fascist movement.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Very true twistedcomrade.  This election deserves both historic and contemporary comparisons.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Too bad our real life Frank Burns didn't blow himself up, that way he wouldn't be here running for president.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#22]
FWIW, my father, who is also a Vietnam Vet, despises JFKerry. Like, "spit in your face" despise.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
FWIW, my father, who is also a Vietnam Vet, despises JFKerry. Like, "spit in your face" despise.

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

I'd rather see Hillary become president than Kerry!!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Uh, i can't say that i agree.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Watch out guys, the kerry apologist's will be along to admonish you for castigating a great "man"
and "hero".
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I heard an interesting "Take" on JFK's () whole service record the other day.  I have NO idea if it's what REALLY motivated that SH*T to serve but it WAS interesting.

What the guy was saying was that Kerry's had a chubby his whole life for being the Pres'.

Part of his infatuation has been the fact that HE TOO was (A) "JFK" and that he could claim Mass' as his hometown.

Serving on Swiftboats was a "Natural" step (Kennedy had HIS PT-109 after all) to him.

Kennedy saved one of his crew's life in the water (Makes me wonder if Kerry was CONSTANTLY jumping into the water to "Save" troops...."No, really Sir, I'm just bathing, please put me down!" lol)

Anyway, I'm STILL trying to figure out what his idea of a "More SENSITIVE" war on terror would look like (?)
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Uh, i can't say that i agree.

Trust me, I don’t say that lightly!

I’d also take Dean or even Nader (nut job that he is) over Kerry.

With this latest round of revelations, I’ve turned into a “anybody but Kerry” person!!  (Well, OK, maybe not Al Sharpton or Osama Bin Laden, but that’s about it.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Bunny-boy with some REAL heroes...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#32]
bumped.

UPDATE: Reporting On Drudge 8/24/04:
Kerry's campaign now says is possible first Purple Heart was awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound...

* Kerry received Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 12/2/68...

* In Kerry's own journal written 9 days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet'... Developing...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Well he forgot to groom his past because its coming back to bite him.

The other thing that bothers me about Kerry speaking of Christmas in Cambodia is that he claims he heard President Nixon saying that there were no US troops in Cambodia.  Wasn't Johnson still president until Jan. 69'?  Just food for thought.  

(I remember President Roosevelt telling everyone we weren't in Cambodia so I got in my PT boat and saved everyone except for Bubba and I got shrapnel in my back and my neck and I was on the Indianapolis and the end....)

Its sad that this guy has nothing else to run on except for a really questionable four month combat deployment in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Bunny-boy with some REAL heroes...

64.177.105.38/images/Kerry/15.jpg

Don't leave home without the green bonnet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top