Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 4:32:45 AM EDT
IBT 45 states, and maybe California,

but if Kerry does obtain the presidency, how bad will the run on AR15 rifles, receiver, parts, etc. be?

Poll coming.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Brisk, I would say an ungodly run on everything gun related.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Brisk, I would say an ungodly run on everything gun related.

As we speak there are 3 AK underfolders and 6 AR recievers with my name on them.

Enough said?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say you'll see a run,  more importantly, on guns sold through ads in the newspaper, person to person, without an intervening FFL and the resultant paperwork.  This will be in conjunction with a surge in demand for 80% 1911, AR15 and AK47 frames.

I've already got lots of friends with "segregated" gun collections.   In their safe, they keep all the guns that are somehow on paper.

Elsewhere, folks will store their off-the-grid weapons.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of who is the President, the gun consumer should always be prepared.

That said, there will be a tremendous demand if Kerry is elected.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
*runs*
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Kerry's not the one too worry about. Without the backing of the Senate and House, a renewed AWB isn't going to happen. In a worse case scenario where both chambers would vote in favor  of a new AWB, it'll be closer in language to the 94 ban than any of the "stronger" bans proposed... at least parts and "post-ban" AWs would still be available. In that situation, I'd be more concerned about lack of a "sunset" clause. At the very least, the next time around the antis are going to insist on a permament ban.

If were to lose enough pro-RKBA legislators in Congress, then we really would be fucked.
Remember, even if Bush wins, he would also sign a new ban if it reaches his desk.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
Even guys I know who aren't gun nuts will be buying new AR's or parts if Kerry is elected.
Looks like I won't ever get my M4 upper.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
People will panic no matter what.
"It's raining, better stock up on AR's"
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember four years ago when Bush got elected and people were saying "You now have four years to get ready...GO!!!!"?

They weren't kidding.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Kerry's not the one too worry about. Without the backing of the Senate and House, a renewed AWB isn't going to happen. In a worse case scenario where both chambers would vote in favor  of a new AWB, it'll be closer in language to the 94 ban than any of the "stronger" bans proposed... at least parts and "post-ban" AWs would still be available. In that situation, I'd be more concerned about lack of a "sunset" clause. At the very least, the next time around the antis are going to insist on a permament ban.

If were to lose enough pro-RKBA legislators in Congress, then we really would be fucked.
Remember, even if Bush wins, he would also sign a new ban if it reaches his desk.

You are forgetting the UN treaty to ban privately-held small arms.  If the Senate ratifies that treaty, the end will be in sight (or the beginning of the next American revolution, take your pick).
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#11]
yes
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#12]
how long do you think that it would take if it came to confiscation for the .gov to go through all the 4473s?

What would stop somone from just saying that they sold all the guns they are looking for?  If they cant find them, how would they prove otherwise?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I just placed a $1600 order because of this thread....................your inconceivable
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
People will panic no matter what.
"It's raining, better stock up on AR's"

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You are forgetting the UN treaty to ban privately-held small arms.  If the Senate ratifies that treaty, the end will be in sight (or the beginning of the next American revolution, take your pick).

What does that have to do with Kerry, "assault rifles"/parts and Congress? A new AWB is a possiblity, but only with the support of Congress.

The UN treaty is gun-control at it's most extreme and goes way beyond anything  proposed by gun-grabbers in this country (altough I have no doubt that there are those that would love to see it that way).

It would still require the same cooperation between the Senate, House and President.

Besides, ratifying any such treaty would be blatently unconstitional... even under the "collective rights" viewpoint.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Brisk hurry up and buy your AR.

And anything else you can get your hands on.

Not because of Kerry, just because..... well just because.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think you will see a massive run to dealers unless an actual AWB is before congress.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't think you will see a massive run to dealers unless an actual AWB is before congress.

I think if the worst happens tomorrow, the run will start on Wednesday
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#19]
My mortgage would just have to be late.

2 or 3 AR lowers

1 or 2 M1a receivers

But I have faith.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I have added more stuff to my collection over the past couple months then I care to list BUT there are always more stuff I would have liked.  If Kerry and the Liberals get control of the Capitol (House and Senate) there will be a new gun law and I am guessing any new law will have teeth that will be much worse then the past one.

I am hoping that everybody that is voting Bush and Republican get's out and the Liberals/Democrats stay home...

This is going to be close and our gun rights are hanging in the balance!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Already started in either case

GM
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know where a college student can get more loans to buy parts/rifles/ammo/body armor?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
how long do you think that it would take if it came to confiscation for the .gov to go through all the 4473s?

What would stop somone from just saying that they sold all the guns they are looking for?  If they cant find them, how would they prove otherwise?

The older the 4473, the more plausible the story would be.  People buy and trade firearms all the time.  A 10+ year old 4473 could very well have a now defunct address and reference arms that were long ago sold.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think if the worst happens tomorrow, the run will start on Wednesday

Can’t speak for anyone else, but that’s certainly true in my case.

Actually, I’m kinda hoping the rest of you guys will piddle around a bit until I finish!!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I have said it before and I'll say it again.  If you wait for the run there will be shortages and price gouging.

BUY NOW OR YOU ARE A FOOL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]
There will be. If he is elected, I am ordering 5 stripped lowers, and 10-15 more Ar15 mags.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Anyone know where a college student can get more loans to buy parts/rifles/ammo/body armor?

Financial Aid Office located at most campus admin buildings! Let the .gov finance your habit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top