Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:40:15 PM EST
I'm trying to stay focused on the humor in this. The Bush supporter is my five year old son, and he was sprayed in the face by the next door six year old. He's out of ER now and the eyes have been rinsed and should be healed in one or two days. And yes, they were arguing about politics.

Ordinarily they play together pretty well and when one isn't at the others house they are going at it over the backyard fence. The neighbor boy has a perch that lets him hang out at the top of the fence which is where he sprayed the gas from. I don't think he had a clue what he was spraying.

I have a good relationship with my neighbors and other than the obvious common sense issues of leaving gas around in spray bottles there isn't much to say. They came over and apologized after we got back home.

The Paramedics and the ER staff got a kick out of the story and I'm sure it will be making the rounds for a few days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:45:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 7:46:11 PM EST by raven]
[edited] Oh, the kid obviously thought it was water, not gas.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:47:08 PM EST
Someone else's child or no, if I would have cought said gas sprayer, he would have gotten knocked off that fence by the back of my hand.

I miss the days of "get in trouble with the neighbors, not only will he take care of it but I will once more at home." And I was born 30 years too late for that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:24:13 PM EST
Who the hell keeps gas in a spray container???????

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:45:04 PM EST
Eliminate with extreme prejudice.

JUST KIDDING

Really though, you should have called DFS because that child's parents are obviously neglecting their son if he believes that Kerry is the right candidate to back. Cite them for brainwashing or inadequate attention to the cultivation of his young mind.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:47:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By MoparMike:
Someone else's child or no, if I would have cought said gas sprayer, he would have gotten knocked off that fence by the back of my hand.

Dude..the kid is 5! Relax or you will find yourself shot by that sons father.

Sgatr2q5
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:48:46 PM EST
Did the police shoot their dog?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:00:24 PM EST
Hope your son feels better soon. Kids are the most resilient things in the universe.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:01:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Originally Posted By MoparMike:

Dude..the kid is 5! Relax or you will find yourself shot by that sons father.

Sgatr2q5

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:04:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:04:54 PM EST
WTF? 5 and 6 year olds arguing over politics to the point of violence?!??
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:13:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

It must be a pretty damn sharp 5 year old kid that can piss off a Kerry supporter that much.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:22:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By brasspile:

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:

So...

What name did you post by before you were banned? (or other account name?)

Sharp! Like a bowling ball.

Try picking any thread where law enforcement was involved. Its mentioned at least once.

I guess you'd slap a false label on me for saying its a trap, or ibtl?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:25:32 PM EST
Kids are kids!

I still don’t know how I successfully avoided getting run over, shot or drowned when I was one.

Glad yours is OK.

(Admittedly, six does strike me as a little young to have access to gasoline.)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:30:07 PM EST
I hope your son is doing fine!

When I was 5 I blasted my little sister with gasoline straight from a service station gas pump. They didn't lock them up back then evidently. My parent flushed her eyes with water quickly.

She came out of it fine without any loss of vision or blurry vision etc.

I, on the other hand, couldn't sit down for several days.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:31:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By FishKepr:

It must be a pretty damn sharp 5 year old kid that can piss off a Kerry supporter that much.

indeed, he's got a promising future ahead in the GOP
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:50:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By brasspile:

So...

What name did you post by before you were banned? (or other account name?)

Sharp! Like a bowling ball.

Try picking any thread where law enforcement was involved. Its mentioned at least once.

I guess you'd slap a false label on me for saying its a trap, or ibtl?

Imbro, welcome back!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:38:01 AM EST
I'ld still like to know WTF they are doing with gas in a spray container. First off as a cleaner it's a recipe to a house fire. Saw an idiot do that once. As a play flame thrower, it's worse.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:06:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 1:11:31 AM EST by Tweak]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:23:04 AM EST
I hope you let your neighbor's Homeowners Insurance pay for the visit to the ER. Glad the little guy is o.k.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:26:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By CS223:
I hope you let your neighbor's Homeowners Insurance pay for the visit to the ER. Glad the little guy is o.k.

+1 Yeah, no shit...who the fuck keeps GASOLINE in a SPRAY container???
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:57:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
I'ld still like to know WTF they are doing with gas in a spray container.

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:03:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:05:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 4:07:19 AM EST by BigDozer66]

Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Bwahaha!

I thought the dEMz were supposed to be 'peaceful non violent' types?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:53:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By SorryOciffer:
Who the hell keeps gas in a spray container???????

S.O.

We made this potato cannon one time...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:04:02 PM EST
My son seems to be doing fine and we're taking him in for a follow-up tomorrow. Doesn't seem to have slowed him down one bit.

About the spray bottle with gas. My wife said one of the firemen went next door to find out what happened and it seemed that my neighbor had needed a container to put some old gas in and the spray bottle was what he found. Also, the fireman said to my neighbor something to the effect "I don't know what your'e going to do but I know what I would do if that were my son."

Something else interesting that I am debating how to follow up on. As I mentioned earlier, everyone in the ER knew what the incident was about and a side effect of this was that everyone knew our political views. When we went through admitting for discharge we were charged $168 dollars for a "co-pay deposit".

We have used this ER before and my insurance co-pay is always $25, also our insurance is already on file there. I called the insurance company today and no inquiry had been made regarding our visit last night. And under no circumstances was my co-pay to be more than $25. There might be later bills for a small percentage of the total cost, but that is all.
When we questioned the charge it was like talking to a brick wall. No, there would not be a refund if it was too much. We were told this was a prior arrangement with our insurance company since the other hospital in town had the preferred status with them. And yes, we should go there next time.

I know this hospital has lost several major contracts to its competition and is struggling financially. I also like using it because it is less busy and has newer facilties, and usually has been very pleasant to deal with. The people there were wonderful and took great care of my son, and I was grateful for their help on previous occasions. I originally thought I would fight it out with the business office but I am beginning to lean towards a call to the administration about this individual.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:09:37 AM EST
As long as he wasn't flicking matched at your son's face after spraying him with the gas I suppose it's just an innocent mistake.

So does this mean that the Kerry supporter won the arguement?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:34:21 AM EST

Note that it was the liberal who resorted to violence. As usual, the conservative was composed. Quite typical, I think.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:47:06 AM EST
reckless endangerment
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:54:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
As long as he wasn't flicking matched at your son's face after spraying him with the gas I suppose it's just an innocent mistake.

So does this mean that the Kerry supporter won the arguement?

How typical of the Kerry supporters. When they can't win by logic, they resort to attacking you personally.
Top Top