User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
IS this true are they really cousins?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there cousins, but they are related. Both of them are "Old Money" blue bloods.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, what a choice America has.

Two blue blood Yale grads who were blood brothers in a secret fraternity.

At least Clinton had a couple strikes against him.

The common man had to love the 2000 election, a Senator's son against a President's son.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

indeed! we are lucky to have such a fine man to lead our great nation!

www.georgewbush.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.georgewbush.com

My God, do you ever give the propaganda a rest?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.georgewbush.com

Do YOU?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"Old Money" blue bloods.

Can someone educate me on the meanings?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Old Money" blue bloods.

Can someone educate me on the meanings?

MEANING:  I hate them because they have money and I am jealous of anyone who is successful in life or happens to be born to a successful family.  Damn capitalism!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
They do have 'kin blood lines' and are both skull n bones members--s/b's forsake all other intersts for the beloved skull and bones.  Marriage, religion, etc.

Anyone check out the crap that goes on at Bohemian Grove?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn capitalism!!!

I think you mean Nepotism

Nepotism - favoritism shown to relatives by those in power (as by giving them jobs)

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn capitalism!!!

Nepotism - favoritism shown to relatives by those in power (as by giving them jobs)

You are an idiot. Nepotism has nothing to do with getting elected by a constituency, regardless if a family member held the position before.

What a dumbass. Use your dictionary.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn capitalism!!!

You are an idiot. Nepotism has nothing to do with getting elected by a constituency, regardless if a family member held the position before.

What a dumbass. Use your dictionary.

You must be a complete moron if you believe the Bush familys clout in Washington isn't the only reason he GOT the chance to run in the first place. So its just by chance his Grandad was a senator, daddy was president, and his brother is a govenor? Give me a break!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
About 8-9 generations back they are related.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.georgewbush.com

Have you checked out this website www.democraticundergound.com? You might be more comfortable with folks that think and feel like you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Skull and Bones Beeyatch
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You must be a complete moron if you believe the Bush familys clout in Washington isn't the only reason he GOT the chance to run in the first place. So its just by chance his Grandad was a senator, daddy was president, and his brother is a govenor? Give me a break!

Nepotism is when a family member *hires* another family member. Asinine is when a poster doesn't know what the fuck his talking about.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nepotism is when a family member *hires* another family member. Asinine is when a poster doesn't know what the fuck his talking about.

Your too funny!  I'm  amazed you talk such shit when you seem to actually grasp soooo little of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Kinda funny coming from a guy who tried correcting someone's English/grammar with more incorrect English/grammar.

You accused the Bush's of nepotism without even knowing what the definition of the word was. Look it up, dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Kinda funny coming from a guy who tried correcting someone's English/grammar with more incorrect English/grammar.

You accused the Bush's of nepotism without even knowing what the definition of the word was. Look it up, dumbass.

I think you need to follow this link:

dictionary.reference.com

Dumbass!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.georgewbush.com

I hope not. We need more people hammering the truth like that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I do believe sons and daughters of the power elite have greater advantages than most people.

You have a better chance of going to college if your mother or father went to that college.
Plus your parents can train you in the ways to succeed. And extra money can always help in elections, just ask Kerry & Theresa.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dictionary.reference.com

Dumbass!

"Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business."

That is what it said. It has nothing to do with getting elected by total strangers. In addition to being OWNED by your own link, you are STILL a dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dictionary.reference.com

Dumbass!

"Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business."

That is what it said. It has nothing to do with getting elected by total strangers. In addition to being OWNED by your own link, you are STILL a dumbass.

Like I said if you truely believe the Bush familys clout in Washington isn't the only reason he GOT the chance to run for president, your actually dumber than I thought. Nepotism got him that chance and kept him safe from service in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Like I said if you truely believe the Bush familys clout in Washington isn't the only reason he GOT the chance to run for president, your actually dumber than I thought. Nepotism got him that chance and kept him safe from service in Vietnam.

Your own link shows that nepotism has nothing to do with getting elected, but yet you still insist it does.

You are insisting that it was GWB's family that got him elected to the governor's chair in Texas. Unless the Bush Family has a million or so registered voters in the state, you lose again. In fact, you lose either way, as being elected to a public office has nothing to do with a person in authority *hiring* or *promoting* another family member.

Same goes for President. GWB had to be elected by thousands of delegates nationwide. Then he had to be elected by the electorate at large throughout the country. Nepotism had nothing to do with it.

But don't take my word for it. Just follow the link you provided, it'll show you who the dumbass is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your own link shows that nepotism has nothing to do with getting elected, but yet you still insist it does.

You are insisting that it was GWB's family that got him elected to the governor's chair in Texas. Unless the Bush Family has a million or so registered voters in the state, you lose again. In fact, you lose either way, as being elected to a public office has nothing to do with a person in authority *hiring* or *promoting* another family member.

Same goes for President. GWB had to be elected by thousands of delegates nationwide. Then he had to be elected by the electorate at large throughout the country. Nepotism had nothing to do with it.

But don't take my word for it. Just follow the link you provided, it'll show you who the dumbass is.

I swear you must be retarded. I SAID HIS FAMILYS CLOUT GOT HIM THE CHANCE TO BE ELECTED. Is it pure chance his entire family is in politics?

I also love that you call me a dumbass in every post. Nothing is more amusing than a tiny little man living out his fantasys on an internet forum and saying things he would NEVER have the balls to say if we were just accross a table having this conversation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
So how do you think we should end nepotism? Take away inheritance? Say people dont have the right to hire who they want too? Wealth redistribution?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I swear you must be retarded. I SAID HIS FAMILYS CLOUT GOT HIM THE CHANCE TO BE ELECTED. Is it pure chance his entire family is in politics?

You are the moron. If anything, GWB's dad's performance as president WORKED AGAINST his chances of being president. Family clout has got little or nothing to do with it. If GWB was as much of a dumbass as you are, family or no family, he wouldn't have gotten elected, or even gotten the CHANCE to be elected.

Voters weren't wooed by daddy. They weren't voting for daddy. They weren't bought off by daddy. This has been GWB's gig, not his father's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So how do you think we should end nepotism? Take away inheritance? Say people dont have the right to hire who they want too? Wealth redistribution?

I have no idea and I certianly do not want "Wealth Distribution". Its just that nepotism is way to close to "Royalty" to me, especially when were talking about the office of President.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I also love that you call me a dumbass in every post. Nothing is more amusing than a tiny little man living out his fantasys on an internet forum and saying things he would NEVER have the balls to say if we were just accross a table having this conversation.

Oh yeah?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah?

Yeah!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have no idea and I certianly do not want "Wealth Distribution". Its just that nepotism is way to close to "Royalty" to me, especially when were talking about the office of President.

There you go again, saying it was "nepotism" that got GWB elected president. Heheheh.

You better follow that link to the on-line dictionary again, bud.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There you go again, saying it was "nepotism" that got GWB elected president. Heheheh.

You better follow that link to the on-line dictionary again, bud.

Do you really think its just "Luck" the Bush family has senators, presidents, and govenors? Like I said, you really don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Do you really think its just "Luck" the Bush family has senators, presidents, and govenors? Like I said, you really don't have a clue.

Luck had little to do with it. Nepotism even less. Hard work, determination, and lots of money, yes. Nepotism, no.

You really need to look up the definition of "nepotism."
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Luck had little to do with it. Nepotism even less. Hard work, determination, and lots of money, yes. Nepotism, no.

You really need to look up the definition of "nepotism."

Your a joke and you also do not understand the definition of nepotism, even though you keep acusing me of the same thing. Do yourself a favor and go look it up, becuase you are WAY off base. Answer this question, is it just pure "Luck" that the Bush family has Presidents, Senators, and Govenors? Consider this an IQ test?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Since you seem to be to lazy to actually look it up.

Quote from Dictionary.com:

4 entries found for nepotism.
nep·o·tism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (np-tzm)
n.
Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French népotisme, from Italian nepotismo, from nepote, nephew, from Latin neps, nept-. See nept- in Indo-European Roots.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nepo·tist n.
nepo·tistic or nepo·tisti·cal adj.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

nepotism

nepotism was Word of the Day on April 8, 2001.

Source: Dictionary.com Word of the Day

nepotism

\Nep"o*tism\ (?; 277), n. [L. nepus, nepotus, nephew: cf. F. n['e]potisme. See Nephew.] Undue attachment to relations; favoritism shown to members of one's family; bestowal of patronage in consideration of relationship, rather than of merit or of legal claim.

From nepotism Alexander V. was safe; for he was without kindred or relatives. But there was another perhaps more fatal nepotism, which turned the tide of popularity against him -- the nepotism of his order. --Milman.

[Free Trial - Merriam-Webster Unabridged.]
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

nepotism

n : favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power (as by giving them jobs)

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Nepotism is when a person in authority hires, patronizes, or otherwise *promotes* a family member.

Unless George Bush Sr. hired his son to be governor and then president, it's not nepotism. It's not even luck, either.

Hard work, determination, and truckloads of money did it. Not daddy, not nepotism.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#36]
can you please stop arguing over a word. ITS A WORD GODDAMNIT.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Wars were fought over less, you know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, but this thread has devolved into nothing but argueing over a definition. Which is no fun to read.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Nepotism is when a person in authority hires, patronizes, or otherwise *promotes* a family member.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was funny!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I know, but this thread has devolved into nothing but argueing over a definition. Which is no fun to read.

I'll be going to be shortly, so this discussion should die down a little.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yes, quit feeding the DUH .
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be going to be shortly, so this discussion should die down a little.

I need to do the same thing. I have to get up in the morning and take my kids to school.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#44]
[Looney Toons Sheepdog] Goodnight Sam.... [/Looney Toons Sheepdog]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
[Looney Toons Sheepdog] Goodnight Sam.... [/Looney Toons Sheepdog]

Good night
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#46]
its good that you two kissed and made up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:11:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Two blue blood Yale grads who were blood brothers in a secret fraternity.

At least Clinton had a couple strikes against him.

The common man had to love the 2000 election, a Senator's son against a President's son.

Don't start with that idiotic bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.georgewbush.com

Unlike you, he knows it isn't propoganda.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top