Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:23:41 AM EDT
www.kerrywrongforcatholics.com/

If you are Catholic you may have been surprised, as I was at how many Catholics are planning to vote for Kerry.  It is a travestry that American Roman Catholics are even considering voting for that fraud. The fact he proclaims himself Catholic tends to influence those who are under the mistaken impression that this will return the Democratic party to the glory days of John F Kennedy.

You MUST educate these people!  You need to ASK every Catholic you know if they are voting and who they are voting for.  You need to EXPLAIN to them why Kerry and what he represents flies in the face of Catholic teaching and basic human values.  

You need to ORDER the pamphlet, "Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics" and make sure to hand it out at the doors after Mass.

YOU, as a good, faithful practicing Catholic, owe it to yourself, your family, your Church, your community and your country to tell the truth about Kerry.

From the
Washington Times

Several hundred Catholic Republicans meeting on the last day of the party convention here were presented with a strategy on how to persuade Catholic friends to switch their support from Democratic presidential nominee and fellow Catholic Sen. John Kerry to President Bush.
   Catholics, who make up 27 percent of the electorate, voted 50-to-47 percent for Al Gore over George Bush in 2000, but are shifting toward the right, party officials said. That is because "God-fearing church-attending Catholics," are up in arms over same-sex "marriage" and abortion, Virginia state Sen. Ken Cuccinelli said.
   "We didn't put these issues into the public arena," he said, "but by God, we'll fight them."
   Already, 50,000 Catholics have signed up to be "team leaders" for the party's get-out-the-vote effort among 65 million Roman Catholics, he added.
   Roughly 400 delegates entering a ballroom at the Westin Hotel Times Square were handed a "Catholic position paper on select topics such as adoption tax credits, abortion, the marriage penalty, family planning, homeland security, stem-cell research and others that cast Mr. Kerry as far removed from church principles. Other issues, such as social justice and the war in Iraq, weren't listed.
   Once inside the ballroom, delegates were exhorted to action.
   "You're the choir and we need you to sing," said Rep. Melissa A. Hart, Pennsylvania Republican.
   Mr. Cuccinelli, who represents western Fairfax County, said the party's national Catholic strategy is modeled after his narrow 2002 victory over Democratic opponent Cathy Belter in a special election and his similarly narrow 2003 victory over Democrat Jim Mitchell.
   His campaign targeted potential Catholic voters through telephone lists from groups such as the Legion of Mary and the Knights of Columbus. This is not the same tactic as the Republican Party's much-criticized efforts to collect church roster lists of entire Protestant congregations, he explained, because the Catholics are only concentrating on smaller groups within a parish.
   From that base, the party's Catholic outreach "is trying to create the world's biggest phone tree," he said.
   The event was kicked off by the Rev. Frank Pavone of Priests for Life whose opening salvo, "Isn't it nice to be with Catholics who aren't afraid to be political? Isn't it nice to be with a few priests who aren't afraid to be political? " He also refuted the idea of separation of church and state.
   "The same hands lifted to you in prayer," Father Pavone prayed over the crowd, "are the same hands that pull the lever in the voting booth."
   Speakers' exhortations to get out the vote were mixed with anecdotes of life in Catholic schools, jokes about Saint Peter and stories about their immigrant parents.
   Martin Gillespie, chairman of Catholic outreach for the Republican National Committee, said he grew up "seeing a crucifix on the wall next to a portrait of John F. Kennedy" but that "something has changed folks in the Democratic Party."
   "Today's Democrats are dominated by NARAL [National Abortion Rights Action League], Planned Parenthood and drug legalizers like George Soros," he said. "They have told us Catholics we can take our values and our votes and go somewhere else. And let me tell you, we're glad to do it."
   His brother, RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie, appeared briefly to announce that one in three Catholics who are eligible to vote are not registered.
   "Ours is not a caste system of two Americas," he said, referring to a claim by Democrats that President Bush has created "two Americas:" one for the rich and one for the poor. "It's one America where upward upward mobility is allowed."
   Citing his Irish immigrant father's experience at putting down roots in America, "It's the Catholic Church that gave my father food, clothes and shelter over his head," he said.
   In a Gallup poll taken in late July, Catholics as a whole polled 51-to-45 percent in favor of Mr. Kerry. When split into attendance categories, Catholics who attend church on a weekly basis tended to support Mr. Bush, 52-to-42 percent, those who attend church less often supported Mr. Kerry, 50-to-45 percent, and the largest group — Catholics who seldom or never attend Mass — supported the Massachusetts senator, 59-to-37 percent.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
On the issue of abortion alone, any Catholic who votes for a Democrat or any other pro-abortion candidate oujt to be kicked out of the Church.  I grew up in the Church.  

I cannot comprehend any Christian voting for any candidate who is pro-abortion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
BayEagle,

I agree 100%.  I am constantly appaulled at the number  of Pro-Kerry stickers at my local church.

Many of these are women who, when pushed, will admit they are pro-abortion(murder)!  Unbelievable!

George W. Bush is more Christian and better for Catholics then Kerry ever will be.

And Kerry's Bishop has banned him from receiving Holy Communion IIRC.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On the issue of abortion alone, any Catholic who votes for a Democrat or any other pro-abortion candidate oujt to be kicked out of the Church.  I grew up in the Church.  

I don't think they should be kicked out, but they definitely should be banned from receiving any Sacraments until they recant their sins.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

you are correct
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Agreed. This is a litmus test for me. I cannot support a pro-choice candidate. Whatever else they stand for, I cannot support the murder of the unborn.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
No Eucharist for naughty voters.  Abortion = murder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Tagged so that I can see how long it takes for the non-Catholics to start bashing us.

eta - Don't kick em' out just hold back some of the Sacraments.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't think they should be kicked out, but they definitely should be banned from receiving any Sacraments until they recant their sins.
SGatr15

I certainly DO think they should be kicked out. Is being a Christian something you are born into, like being Irish, or is it a core of belief?

" 9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person.
12For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

1st Corinthians 5

When someone does not obey the principles of the Bible, they are not a Christian. When they do not obey the teachings of the church, then they are not a part of the church. They are free to go start their own pro-abortion religion, but they should not be allowed to corrupt the genuine faith and following of an existing denomination.

The church is not a democracy. We are supposed to be a Kingdom, who takes our positions from The King. If they aren't willing to do so, if they think so little of Christ that they would support murdering the unborn DESPITE God's word saying "Before I formed thee in thy mother's womb, I knew thee, and ordained thee as a prophet to the nations", then they have no place in a church that DOES stand for the protection of the innocent.

A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Cast it out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are correct

Apparently you guys are out of touch with what the Catholic Church is saying.  They have said it's perfectly fine to vote for pro-choice candidates.  

www.freep.com/news/religion/abortnu15e_20040915.htm

At issue are statements made by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who heads the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, that became public in July. Reflecting longstanding Catholic teaching, Ratzinger gave Catholics who oppose abortion rights leeway to vote for politicians who support them, provided the voter believes the candidates' other positions outweigh the abortion issue.

So it sounds like voting for someone who has no problems killing babies is fine as long as they provide free healthcare or some other service that you agree with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tagged so that I can see how long it takes for the non-Catholics to start bashing us.

*SIGH*

Not every protestant around bashes Catholics. I certainly don't.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Southern Baptist---><----Wedge1082

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*SIGH*

I did not accuse you of doing it.  But the ones who do will be here shortly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Southern Baptist---><----Wedge1082  <-----Sgtar15

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Apparently you guys are out of touch with what the Catholic Church is saying.  They have said it's perfectly fine to vote for pro-choice candidates.  

www.freep.com/news/religion/abortnu15e_20040915.htm

At issue are statements made by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who heads the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, that became public in July. Reflecting longstanding Catholic teaching, Ratzinger gave Catholics who oppose abortion rights leeway to vote for politicians who support them, provided the voter believes the candidates' other positions outweigh the abortion issue.

But what has the Pope said on the issue? There is a schism within the Roman Catholic church on this issue, just as there is with ordaining homosexuals in other denominations. This sounds to me more like certain leaders in the church trying to ride the fence and not offend anyone by demanding that they live up to a certain moral standard.

EVERY denomination has some leaders who do the same thing. What counts is the resistance to those leaders.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#15]
The Cardinal is wrong.  His beliefs and peoples like him are the main reason there is division between the Church today.

Liberalism is being forced on Catholics and we are resisting...at least some of us are.

ANd we are resisting for the right reasons.  Liberals thoughts like this is what gave us the child molestors in our mists.  We will weed those out!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*SIGH*

I did not accuse you of doing it.  But the ones who do will be here shortly.

Well, being "non-Catholic" you can see how I mighta thought your lasso was going to rope me too...

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been serously PISSED at some good friends from my Parish who are virulently anti-Bush.  It's friggin amazing.  They're business owners, kids in Catholic school, good families, devout in Church... obviously should be Republicans right?

NO!  They spout this crap about the "WAR" and how they can't believe I'M SUPPORTING THE WAR?!?!?

After I count to ten, I like to gently remind them of something.  Fine, you're willing to ignore that Kerry supports BABY MURDER, tears down traditional marriage, etc.  So the war is what has you miffed, huh?

How did you feel on 9/11?  Did you drive to St. <name>'s and get your kids out of school?  Did you hug them extra tight? Did you check your doors a little closer that night?  Did you sleep well for a month after?  Do you remember fellow Americans jumping to their deaths rather than burn alive?  Did you know folks who died that day?

Do you want that to happen HERE AGAIN?  Or do you want to support our President and  our troops and take the fight to those who started it?

Some of them still don't get it. <sigh>
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#18]
No Catholic bashers here anyway.  I can't understand someone who calls himself a Catholic supporting partial birth abortion.  No matter where a person stands on the abortion issue, partial birth abortion is murder.

I just don't understand the way of the world anymore.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Cardinal is wrong.  His beliefs and peoples like him are the main reason there is division between the Church today.

Liberalism is being forced on Catholics and we are resisting...at least some of us are.

ANd we are resisting for the right reasons.  Liberals thoughts like this is what gave us the child molestors in our mists.  We will weed those out!
SGatr15

That seems to be what the article is saying.  It mentions something called "Catholics for the common good", I think that's just a group that has formed in Detroit, but it's goal it bring all the liberal ideas up front.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Only a matter of time...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Some of them still don't get it. <sigh>

I hear ya buddy.  I actually had a talk with an old family priest of mine that was against the war.  He kept telling me that we (US/Bush) could have waited before going to war in Iraq.  He admitted things were bad, but that things can always wait.....

I finally asked him:  "Father, when I sinned and need forgivenness should I do so right away or should I wait?"

He didn't answer.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Im a three position voter. Abortion, Gays, and Guns. Im against abortion= Kerry for it. Im against gay marriage= Kerry for it. I am Pro-gun= Kerry is against it. Its a simple vote for my family.

You can't morally be a true Christian/Catholic and vote for Kerry.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That seems to be what the article is saying.  It mentions something called "Catholics for the common good", I think that's just a group that has formed in Detroit, but it's goal it bring all the liberal ideas up front.

One other problem with in the Catholic Church is how the Districts are set up.  The general population see the Catholic Church as a whole, when it is not.  Each Diocese is set up as it's own corporation.  They are financially separate from the rest of the Church.  This is done for tax purposes and for the most part works very well.  However, with the recent lawsuits against the Church it has caused some problems.  When a Diocese gets sued for several million they might either go bankrupt or just not be able to pay.  Not good for the victims in the case.  Somehow the larger Catholic Church needs to step in and help on this issue.

Just my .02 cents

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

If the Pope were in better health, Ratzinger would be whistling a different tune.  Pope John Paul II does not have the word "accomodate" or "compromise" in his vocabulary.

And "Catholics for Common Good" can kiss my Irish-Catholic ass.  Poig ma thoin!  They're as bad as those friggin monks who give Kerry communion and support homosexuality.

Obviously there are divisions in the Church - always have been and always will.  The liberals in the Church are trying to stem the conservative tide which is starting to get traction.  I just wish the Pope was 20 years younger.  The time is ripe in the Church to restore our core beliefs and lay down the "law".  And I don't mean that child-rapist-hiding Cardinal Law either.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top