Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 4:32:38 AM EDT
This is a scary article from Kenya.  These people ACTUALLY believe what they are saying and they are on the UN Small Arms Council.  This line has been repeated in Britain about arming police...

" it is believed that gun holders - whether licensed or not - face a greater risk of injury or death. "The chances of violent robbery and even death are higher when the robbers believe that their victim is armed and in many cases the firearm is the first thing they steal," said Maj Kamenju."

My brain hurts when I read things like the above.....   Facts simply do not bear out this type of emotional pandering and illogic.   People like this make reality stranger then fiction.

Article
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Cars with spare tires are much more likely to get a flat tire.

Homes with fire extinguishers are much more likely to burn down.

Shall I go on?  

Oh - I really hate liberals.

CMOS
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]

don't fret for the kenyans. gun control only works in 1st world countries where everyone is fat and lazy, and politics have completely taken control.

it's going to be about a bazillion years before Kenya becomes a legit 1st world country.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The article is from 2004. SA has had so much trouble trying to implement their unbelievably stupid new gun laws (begun in July 2005) that they have now postponed compliance until 2009. Far too much trouble to actually try and tackle the real issues for crime and such, you know.

Some incorrect statements re; SA gun laws.

I agree with an earlier statement re: politiks. The more advanced a country is, the more people can become fat and lazy, the more you'll run into gun control issues. Basically politicians like to sit around and come up with ways to justify their existence and to control the filthy masses more effectively.

Please read articles on the South Africa gun owners site:
http://www.saga.org.za/
http://www.saga.org.za/FAQ's.htm

(I'm SA/UK citizen)

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Third world shithole.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Turd world shithole.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top