Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2001 11:07:39 AM EDT
Thinking about buying one. Should I? Any owners willing to talk?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I want one too. My dealer said that he can't get them yet. He said that they will run $275.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking it would make a great backpack gun for hiking/boating. I'd like to shoot one before deciding, but it seems like a neat toy. Especially since it will use full-capacity magazines from other existing handguns.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The backpacking thing is what I was thinking too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What pistol magazines does it use???

This looks like a really neat little rifle. How dependable is it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the older model... the Sub-Rifle in Glock 40... it takes the same magazines as a Glock 22 (full cap of 15 rounds or the extended 33 round Scherer ones)
Nice compact package .. not too bad a shooter ... but I have enough other carbines ...
Now if someone had something to offer in trade (cause you ain't gonna want to pay me what I want) for it I would let it go...

Ted...
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Does it use the aftermarket mags OK?

Glock high caps are so $$$$.

But then on the other hand it WOULD match my G23. I think that Glock should build a "sub-2000" clone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive herd that  the older ones accept more magazines than the newer ones
(but i cant conferm it). What id like to know is if they accept those nifty 32 round 9mm colt mags
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#8]
You can change the grip to take S&W,Glock and Berreta.I think there was one more also.I have a friend who has the older one that takes S&W mags.He uses the aftermarket 30 rounders and it works fine.The old ones where to expensive.I was thinking of getting one in S&W,then cut a notch in my CZ mags and they should work fine.Sinnce Smith 59 mags use to work in my old CZ75 after a new notch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't there a company that reworked Marlin Camp Rifles to match whatever magazine combo you wanted?

I always thought that would be an acceptable combination for carbine and pistol.

Eric The(ILoveMyCampRifleIn.45acp)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
why dont they make one for STEN mags?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
why dont they make one for STEN mags?
View Quote

Because a Sten mag won't fit inside the grip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#12]
The Keltec Sub-40 (older model, not the 2000) is great.  Especally when set up for Glock mags, BUT, it's only the G22 (full size) mags that will fit (and bigger).  You can't use a G23 mag unless you have a different (shorter) grip made up by Keltec.  I'm not sure if they offer it.

Peep site is funny.  You adjust the front site.  Still trying to get use to mine.  Just have to find the right load I want to adjust the sites to.  Also, it fits inside a lap to bag nicely.  

The older Sub rifles were aluminum receivers while the Sub 2000 series are plastic.  They're trying to make it more wallet friendly.  The older Sub Rifles ran $500+ suggested retail.  The new ones are below that by a bit.

If  recall, the old ones cold be set up for Beretta, SW, Glock and maybe a few more.  They use to say that any double stack high cap mag could be made to work.  I'm not sure about the new ones.  Ya should check out their web page.

(Ya can never have TOO much........)
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I knew I saw it before, so I dug out my September issue of Guns and Ammo. There is an AD on page 15.

I really liked the idea, but upon asking around was unable to find it at ANY and I mean any Gunshop in my area. I see Kel-Tec is in Cocoa, FL. Why can't I find one ? I've checked in Orlando and Pensacola and never saw one in any gunshop I've been to. Hell, Orlando's only 30 minutes from Kel-Tec's HQ. Maybe I should see if they'll sell direct since I'm a FL resident and they are a FL Company.

BTW, the ad says most modern handgun Mags. It specifically mentions S&W, Glock, and Beretta. At only 4 Lbs. its light. hell my Navy Arms Revolver weighs nearly 3 Lbs. My Hi-Point Carbine weighs about 6 Lbs. It is 16" Long when folded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top