After all, it IS the superior platform.

No, really, anyone have one?

Some guy on TheHighRoad.org:

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After all, it IS the superior platform. [:D]
View Quote

Oy vey! You really *are* asking for it. Don't have one - yet - but I'd think it's more a replacement for a Mini-14 rather than an AR15.

I'm holding off on buying one until I see what happens with the AWB. If folding stocks come back at reasonable prices, I'd rather look at an AR180B with a folder... or an AK under-folder... or.... [;)]

If something goes horribly wrong and the AWB gets renewed/replaced with something worse, *then* I'll look at the SU-16. Right after I replace my sacrificed-to-unemployment Bushy Shorty.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone going to buy one?

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the point???

It's a folder, but it can't fire when folded (yes, I know, AWB...).

If I need a rifle, the last thing I want to do is have to flick it open like a pocket knife...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Poor mans Styer scout
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
So, what if the price is sub-$400? Would that tempt you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Get Both!

oh wait, that wasn't that type of question. For a new sub $400 i'd get it. It only a matter of time before those get banned to because of their "increased concealability" (that was a shara brady thought, not mine)

Edited to add: NO, under NO circumstances let it REPLACE your AR...It would make a nice trunk weapon though...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get Both!

oh wait, that wasn't that type of question. For a new sub $400 i'd get it. It only a matter of time before those get banned to because of their "increased concealability" (that was a shara brady thought, not mine)

Edited to add: NO, under NO circumstances let it REPLACE your AR...It would make a nice trunk weapon though...
View Quote

I was just kidding about replacing the AR. STill, the Su-16 is an interesting idea.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]
it would be good for a compact gun to carry around in the car or while camping.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics added.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
IMO, it's worth considering if you live in California. Otherwise, I'd probably wait to see what happens to the AWB.

The one I handled at a gun show several months ago wasn't particularly well-finished, especially for a $550 rifle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
[red][b]When[/b][/red] the AWB sunsets, I'll probably just get an AK underfolder for a compact trunk gun to store in my bugout bag.  I must admit though, it is an interesting concept, and I wouldn't mind owning one, if your buying.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top