Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/17/2001 7:02:50 PM EST
I was looking at some Liberty(or maybe some other brand dont remember) safes a couple of days ago. I noticed that some of the models did not have the hole drilled for putting the cord thru the back for a dri rod. I know some people use descicant(sp?) to keep their stuff dry but, is their a way to at a dri rop to a safe without the extra hole?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:13:29 PM EST
You've got to have that hole to run the dry rod cord through. Simple fix - don't buy a safe unless it has the hole predrilled. Most good safes should be equipped with this hole. If you're serious about buying a safe be sure to tell the sales person that the cord hole is a requirement. If they can't accommodate you, find another safe manufacturer. It's been my experience that you cannot keep a safe as dry with dessicants (passive method) as you can with an electric rod (active method). CMOS
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:21:08 PM EST
I bought a Liberty safe a few years ago because I was tired of buying guns, only to have them stolen, also a safe is a MUST if you have children around. Plus they last forever if taken care of and make great items for your kids to fight over after you croak!! My safe is probably the smartest money I have ever spent. Mine has hole in back and moisture control rod thing, I have had no problems.
Top Top