Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
Just saw him on the NBC's relief concert with Mike Myers talking about New Orleans. He (West) was sputtering along, babbling really about how bad the relief effort was going when all of a sudden he bursts out with "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Myers shot him an "oh shit" look and then the camera cut out to Chris Tucker behind the stage while West was in the middle of his next sentence. Tucker's expression was half shock and half "I can't believe that stupid MF'er just said that".

I'm not familiar with Kayne West, but he proved himself to be a hysterical idiot tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:56:35 PM EDT
Good for him; I've heard some of his music snd I just don't think Jesus condones the gangsta/victim lifestyle. I hope his career is ruined.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:00:19 PM EDT
What the idiotic fucker did was get a bunch of people who were watching and might have contributed to change the channel. What a selfish piece of human shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:21 PM EDT
video? Anybody? Kanye West pretends to be intelligent. It's kinda funny, reminds me of Sean Penn. Both think that since some people act interested in what they say they know what they are talking about
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:05:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
My wife was watching that crap and I turned it off right away. Useless idiot is trying to start a race riot or something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:55 PM EDT
Hahaah, thing is he probably is the smartest rapper! If you would classify him as smart.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
Kanye West Ruins Relief Show

(JND) - In a selfish and unprofessional move, Kanye West used a Red Cross benefit to benefit his own personal platform Friday night during the NBC Hurricane Katrina Relief program.

In a disgusting display, West strayed from his prepared script to offer an overflow of hatred from his mouth, taking the spotlight off of the matterat hand, turning the relief program into his own personal soapbox.

Just before being cut-off by NBC executives, West stated: "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

West appeared on-screen with comedian Mike Myers, who was obviously shaken by West's remarks. At one point Myers attempted to put an end to the tirade.

NBC beat him to the punch, cutting to a shot of actor Chris Tucker.

Other comments by West: "They're saying black families are looting and white families are just looking for food...they're giving the (Army) permission to shoot us..."

Previously best known for producing hit singles for Alicia Keys, Jay-Z, and Ludacris, Kanye himself worked on a solo album for a long period of time, having the release pushed back time and time again. Due to his appearance and overall style, West struggled to find a way to get his own voice on record. Multiple record companies put him aside due to the fact that West is from the suburbs of Chicago, not a former 'street hustler' or even one that wears the orthodox hip-hop apparel. A car crash on October 23, 2002 left his jaw fractured in three places, with his mouth still wired shut and only weeks after having an encounter with death, Kanye West began recording "Through The Wire," reliving his near-fatal accident. "Through The Wire", which sampled Chaka Khan's classic track "Through The Fire", would eventually become his lead single from The College Dropout, which was released on Roc-a-Fella Records in February 2004.

Kanye West also has his own clothing line - "Pastel Clothing" , and his own record label - "GOOD Music" (an acronym for Getting Out Our Dreams), under which John Legend's platinum selling debut album Get Lifted has been released, along with Common's latest album - "Be". Other artists on his label include GLC, Consequence, and Farnsworth Bentley.

On August 30th, 2005, Kanye West released his second album Late Registration. "Diamonds (From Sierra Leone)" (which contained samples from Shirley Bassey's "Diamonds Are Forever") and "Gold Digger", were the first two singles from Late Registration. West announced that his 3rd and 4th albums will be titled "Graduation" and "A Good Ass Job", respectively.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 7:25:08 PM EDT by p331083]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
kanye west just had a new album come out. nuff said.
The celebs are already out looking for every bit of publicity they can get.
They need to be turned down for these kinds of events.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:11 PM EDT
Fax the cocksucker the facts.

8-26-05 Friday

www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html

Quote: "The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005,

8-28-05 Sunday

www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?base/news-18/1125239940201382.xml&storylist=louisiana

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — In the face of a catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Sunday for New Orleans by Mayor Ray Nagin.
Acknowledging that large numbers of people, many of them stranded tourists, would be unable to leave, the city set up 10 places of last resort for people to go, including the Superdome.
The mayor called the order unprecedented and said anyone who could leave the city should. He exempted hotels from the evacuation order because airlines had already cancelled all flights.
Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.

In addition, President Bush did something never done before in an impending disaster by a President, he made an unprecedented appeal on television for folks to evacuate because the Mayor and Governor of Louisiana were ineffective in motivating the citizens of their state to evacuate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:40 PM EDT
Well, I am a black person and I don't care about Kanye West!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:55 PM EDT
Why do you guys watch this Bullshit? Did you expect it to be different?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:01:25 PM EDT
The next time I see that guy, I hope he's working at McDonalds with a bunch of highschool kids.

I can't believe he did that. I just can't believe it. These people are dying, they need help and he's race baiting.

AGGGGGH!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:02:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

I guess we were hoping America was better than this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:04 PM EDT
Never let a rapper speak his mind...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:05:20 PM EDT
I have never even heard of Kayne West and I'm quite sure I wouldn't listen to his "music", if that is what it can be called.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:06:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HK_Shooter_03:
Never let a rapper speak his mind...

Exactly, it shows how little of a mind they actually have.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:07:15 PM EDT
As I really can’t E-Mail NBC directly (too much BS), I E-Mailed my local station to show my displeasure.
I hope they pass it up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

I have not been watching any news for the last 3 days! You get news faster browsing the boards(like this story) then waitng for the 10 o clock news.
Top Top