Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 1:48:10 PM EDT
Listening to Air America and there are large numbers of folks who honestly beleive Bush is at fault.  When "leaders" like Jackson say the same thing, there are enough people who get their politics and voting instructions from him.  Bad news in 06 and 08?
Matthew
P.S. Randy Rhodes is frickin' nasty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
... those fucksticks love listening to themselves and their prophesies about politics - certainly no one else with a brain does
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody that calls into Air America is already convinced that Bush is responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs, post-nasal drip and Brad & Jen's breakup.

This of course is rubbish. It was that homewrecking tramp what's her name that ruined Jennifer's plans for a perfect marriage.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... those fucksticks love listening to themselves and their prophesies about politics - certainly no one else with a brain does

I must respectfully disagree.  48% of the population did, after all, vote for Kerry.  No one seems to think that "Bush's" response to this disaster has been at all adequate.  

I am worried that this could be a real bad thing for the good guys in '06 and '08.  I'm just hoping that these assholes keep spouting off the constant and absurd nonsence so people realize who these assholes really are.  

-K
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No one seems to think that "Bush's" response to this disaster has been at all adequate.  

Horseshit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one seems to think that "Bush's" response to this disaster has been at all adequate.  

Horseshit.

I agree 100%. The trick will be to make sure everyone else kows it too - in spite of all the liberal media coverage that will be sure to portray Bush as being incompetent and aloof, while shielding/excusing the REAL incompitence, impotence, and total fecklesness of the local (Democrap) leaders who really are responsible.

-K  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
More than likely no.  I think the average person can see whats going on down there and realize that if any one is to blame it's not Bush.  

Bush Not taking Brunt of Katrina Criticism
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
While the dems are pointing fingers and assigning blame, the other side is too busy saving lives and going after bad people.

What the dems don't realize is that they are useless, and the country is catching on.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
While the dems are pointing fingers and assigning blame, the other side is too busy saving lives and going after bad people.

What the dems don't realize is that they are useless, and the country is catching on.

Very well said
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

<DING_DING> We have a winner! Show him what he's won Johnny!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
What's Air America?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must respectfully disagree.  48% of voters did, after all, vote for Kerry.  No one seems to think that "Bush's" response to this disaster has been at all adequate.  

I am worried that this could be a real bad thing for the good guys in '06 and '08.  I'm just hoping that these assholes keep spouting off the constant and absurd nonsence so people realize who these assholes really are.  

-K

fixed it
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's Air America?

It's a place on the radio where the mentaly ill go to find comfort.  Liberal Radio.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Unfortunately, more than have the sheeple out there are looking for someone to blame & let's face it, Pres Bush is right out front, as a real leader would be.  The Mayor should have evacuated or at least put supplies in the Dome.  The Gov of LA didn't request FEMA soon enough.

They are Dems, & minoroties, so they are blameless.  Bush 1) caused the hurricane, 2) ignored sending in help just to punish the black folks, 3) purposely pushed gas prices over $70/barrel to enrich Haliburton.  It's just easier for the majority of folks to believe than "Shit Happens".

We'll all suffer because of the lack of common sense in many of our fellow Americans.... IMHO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#15]
When the truth comes out, the governess will be shown to be at fault. Even the Washington Post today blamed her and said Bush was blocked by her
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#16]

In another thread I posted some of my predictions of the fallout of Katrina:

1) New gun-laws will be proposed that mandate that all firearms stocked in gunstores be stored INOPERABLE and only one firearm at a time per working saleperson be allowed to be made "operable" to show to customers.

2) Condi Rice will lose a MAJOR part of the black vote in 2008 that she was supposed to have locked up. She blew it bigtime going to the Monty Python "Spamalot" show while New Orleans spiralled into anarchy and desperation. She should have been front and center arranging relief aide from our international allies in a very public way. Instead, now she'll be tagged (even moreso) as an "oreo" who's utterly detached from "her" people - especially when they needed her the most.

3) Congress will convene a special investigation into Hurricane Katrina and the Gov'ts response (much like the 9-11 hearings). Only this one will be stacked against the GWBush administration and Republicans and be VERY biased, extremely politicized and blatantly agendized and all timed to do maximum damage to both the 06 and 08 elections. Repubs will likely lose some southern Congressional seats and the Presidency.

4) The Dems, media & Hollywood will successfully use this as a wedge to break up the Republican domination of the Southern states in 2008.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I find it hard to believe that citizens in Montana
are going to throw out their Congressmen because
of the governmental response (or percived lack
thereof) to Katrina.

I still think that gas prices, Iraq, and health care
are WAY more of a threat to (R)s in '06.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think this'll affect elections much at all.

We're about as polarized now as we were during the last election cycle so.....those that hate the President will BLAME the President and those who don't WON'T.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Since the coordinated, multi-billion dollare propaganda campaign by the leftist media failed to put John Kerry in the White House I have come to the conclusion that the average American isn't as stupid as a lot of people think.

Don't get me wrong, the number of blithering morons and drooling halfwits is in no danger of dropping below crisis proportions, but somehow (call it a hunch) I don't think a natural disaster is going to suddenly convince a great number of people to buy into the asinine policies espoused by the left.  If the '04 election is any indication, it would appear (to me, at least) that John Q. Public is not so easily influneced by broadcast claptrap as I once suspected.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, more than have the sheeple out there are looking for someone to blame & let's face it, Pres Bush is right out front, as a real leader would be.  The Mayor should have evacuated or at least put supplies in the Dome.  The Gov of LA didn't request FEMA soon enough.

They are Dems, & minoroties, so they are blameless.  Bush 1) caused the hurricane, 2) ignored sending in help just to punish the black folks, 3) purposely pushed gas prices over $70/barrel to enrich Haliburton.  It's just easier for the majority of folks to believe than "Shit Happens".

We'll all suffer because of the lack of common sense in many of our fellow Americans.... IMHO

I'm afraid this is true.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't think this'll affect elections much at all.

You're 100% right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Well,  Bush won't get my vote in '08

By the time the next election rolls around hopefully everyone that needs helping will have been helped and those that were spongeing up our tax dollars before will still be spongeing (spl?)

SNAFU in '08

I do, however, believe gas prices will play a major part in the next election.  The current spike in gas is probably nothing compared to what lies ahead.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top